Why is Owens stopping/quiting on his routes?

BHendri5

Reaction score
LORD! why do these people constantly have to complain about something?
These are the same supposedly diehard fans that booed Aikman, and he is supposed to be so loved.

Why would T.O. you or anyone else keep running to get a ball that was waaaay overthrown, and the closest guy to it was the DB, Aaron Ross and he could not get it.

All WRs stop on routes when they know that they will not be able to reach or catch the ball, T.O. is not the only one that does that and he certainly is not the only one that does that on this team.
you people are worse than a nagging woman

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2497260 said:
LORD! why do these people constantly have to complain about something?
These are the same supposedly diehard fans that booed Aikman, and he is supposed to be so loved.

Why would T.O. you or anyone else keep running to get a ball that was waaaay overthrown, and the closest guy to it was the DB, Aaron Ross and he could not get it.

All WRs stop on routes when they know that they will not be able to reach or catch the ball, T.O. is not the only one that does that and he certainly is not the only one that does that on this team.
you people are worse than a nagging woman

he stopped running before Romo even threw it.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Rampage;2496937 said:
this is not a bash Owens thread but i'm sure there will be. but I'm thinking maybe his age is catching up to him and maybe he's getting tired quicker? he did it again last night on the deep ball Romo threw to him right before the safety. why does he keep doing this?

Ed, is that you?

BHendri5

Reaction score
Look at that play again.
My son is watching the game now, because he had to go to bed before the game ended.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2497301 said:
Look at that play again.
My son is watching the game now, because he had to go to bed before the game ended.
I did. he starts running hard again once it's in the air. everybody saw it. the radio here in NY saw it so did Mickey and the radio in Dallas.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Rampage;2497308 said:
I did. he starts running hard again once it's in the air. everybody saw it. the radio here in NY saw it so did Mickey and the radio in Dallas.

Go back and watch that play again. and do not just focus on, he quit again. Look at the whole play

BHendri5

Reaction score
Rampage I hope you looked again and paid attention to no just T.O. but the defensive from the DL to the 2 people covering Owens.

That is the type of Pass the Aikman would have said that Romo should not have thrown.

Just like Aikman said about Romo's 3 INTs against the Steelers.
Romo is my favorite QB in the league, but at times he just throws passes that he should not have, he does lock on at times.

Manning was locked on Hixon last night knowing that Tnew had him blanketed

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BHendri5;2497348 said:
Rampage I hope you looked again and paid attention to no just T.O. but the defensive from the DL to the 2 people covering Owens.

That is the type of Pass the Aikman would have said that Romo should not have thrown.

Just like Aikman said about Romo's 3 INTs against the Steelers.
Romo is my favorite QB in the league, but at times he just throws passes that he should not have, he does lock on at times.

Manning was locked on Hixon last night knowing that Tnew had him blanketed
nobody blanketed Owens, he stopped running. Owens also quit on his route during Romo's 1st pick last week.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2497308 said:

They must have seen something different. He slowed up once he saw it was going to be overthrown.

Yes-he prolly should have kept running, but he didn't do any of what those guys said.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rampage;2497357 said:
nobody blanketed Owens, he stopped running. Owens also quit on his route during Romo's 1st pick last week.

Well, I must have seen Aaron Ross' ghost then.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2497359 said:
They must have seen something different. He slowed up once he saw it was going to be overthrown.

Yes-he prolly should have kept running, but he didn't do any of what those guys said.
he woulda had a shot at it if he kept running. you act like Ross was on his hip or something. flip floppin like you do:laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Rampage;2497039 said:
you're the biggest flip-flopper since John Kerry.

Well I'm not. owens made a few nice blocks last night. He's just who he is.
Now there were a few other things but if I say them I'll be bashing him.:eek:

BHendri5

Reaction score
Rampage;2497357 said:

They, had a guy underneath and Ross was over the top

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2497451 said:
They, had a guy underneath and Ross was over the top

Between two old guys.:) Then why does he think he's always open?
He clearly is not. Then when he is...........opsy

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
Rampage;2496937 said:
this is not a bash Owens thread but i'm sure there will be. but I'm thinking maybe his age is catching up to him and maybe he's getting tired quicker? he did it again last night on the deep ball Romo threw to him right before the safety. why does he keep doing this?
that pass wasnt even catchable. :confused: