Why is Rico not getting a shot?

tico

Reaction score
he can't play. how are you basing his play? he couldn't outplay Swaim....or Hanna.....enough of these conspiracy theories...three catches in pre-season and everyone is out with the anointing oil
Reread this bro.. sheesh making me yawn!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Generally when limited or inexperienced projects do not show the right commitment level, they tend to not get "fair" shots.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Everybody needs to get out of the mindset that we need a great blocking te out there on every snap. Or the starter has to be a great Blocker. The Te needs to be a deep threat or a red zone threat at receiver. If we've got a good oline we can get way more production out of a second Rb and a slot receiver then we can our inept te core. All that blocking is overrated. No te has ever blocked their team to a Superbowl. Sorry. Lmao. That's give up football mentality. We need as many offensive playmakers on the field as we can and the te and fb positions are just jags unless you have a good athletic one who can score. Unfortunately athleticism and Blocking abilities usually don't go hand in hand genetics wise w this position. It takes a rotation of different skillsets in a committee versus putting a player out there exclusively. Too many times we got caught with the wrong personnel groupings because it was our starting players who lacked the ability to produce on every down and distance. I'd like to see Rico in the red zone but not if Swaim or Witten was in there. On 3rd and 15 I'd rather have seen any other receiver besides 82 on the field for 10 years. I think we are starting to use some statistical knowledge as a team lately and have figured out that we've over glorified the impact that our te core has on us winning. We don't want good blockers at Te. We want those tes that are gonna hit their head on the goalposts. Stretch the defense vertically. Draw coverage away from our better receivers. Can line up outside or inside if they are to play every snap .The offense dictates the personnel that the Defense is gonna use. Their not gonna put a Lb out there on Beasely or Austin and our run game would thrive w one less lb on the field to tackle at times. Y'all talk about using 2 te and 3 te sets w guys like Witten, Hanna, Swaim, and Gathers. I'm sorry but that's a recipe for Mediocracy. They never blocked us to a Superbowl!!! Those schemes w one dimensional blockers are suicide because you're only gonna cover the guys who can beat you on the play . Our Te core couldn't beat anyone when Witten was in his prime. Alot of those snaps should have been allocated for better wrs and Rbs because our te core has held our passing game back for a decade. We need a great receiving te who can get by with their blocking. They are gonna be sharing time w a slot wrs anyways. I love the complete turnover on offense. Its funny how it takes the media to put the head coaches job on the line in order to get the schematics to change. The Cowboys have gone out and gotten some players this year. They finally aren't letting their friendships get in the way of winning football. I was hoping for Gisicki in the Draft just because he has the speed to play outside. I just hope we start tapering off the te and full back roles until we find a difference maker at those positions. Go beat somebody with speed, picks, slants, screens, reverses and all the plays besides that one seam route from our Te. 2018 will be a better year with Dak, Zeke and Bo in the backfield. Beasely and Tavon in the Slot, Rico in the Red Zone. All we need is our outside receivers to be pretty good and I think we will be ok with our draft picks and free agent signings. I think our receivers are actually a little undersized as a core however I still think we can use that to our advantage by creating mismatches using it. I'm especially excited that we picked up a good power rb. It's about time we start utilizing depth out of the backfield. I'm not for sure Bo Scarborough won't outscore Zeke this year if given the chance. He's definitely gonna be a difference maker on our scoring offense and I can't wait to see what he looks like behind our oline. He really stood out on the tape I watched. He crosses the pylons when he gets the ball and that's exactly what we need is someone who can pick up the lost TD production from Dez

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
^^^ I hate phones...

But I am sure he will get a shot in pre-season.

CapnB

Reaction score
Everybody needs to get out of the mindset that we need a great blocking te out there on every snap. Or the starter has to be a great Blocker. The Te needs to be a deep threat or a red zone threat at receiver. If we've got a good oline we can get way more production out of a second Rb and a slot receiver then we can our inept te core. All that blocking is overrated. No te has ever blocked their team to a Superbowl. Sorry. Lmao. That's give up football mentality. We need as many offensive playmakers on the field as we can and the te and fb positions are just jags unless you have a good athletic one who can score. Unfortunately athleticism and Blocking abilities usually don't go hand in hand genetics wise w this position. It takes a rotation of different skillsets in a committee versus putting a player out there exclusively. Too many times we got caught with the wrong personnel groupings because it was our starting players who lacked the ability to produce on every down and distance. I'd like to see Rico in the red zone but not if Swaim or Witten was in there. On 3rd and 15 I'd rather have seen any other receiver besides 82 on the field for 10 years. I think we are starting to use some statistical knowledge as a team lately and have figured out that we've over glorified the impact that our te core has on us winning. We don't want good blockers at Te. We want those tes that are gonna hit their head on the goalposts. Stretch the defense vertically. Draw coverage away from our better receivers. Can line up outside or inside if they are to play every snap .The offense dictates the personnel that the Defense is gonna use. Their not gonna put a Lb out there on Beasely or Austin and our run game would thrive w one less lb on the field to tackle at times. Y'all talk about using 2 te and 3 te sets w guys like Witten, Hanna, Swaim, and Gathers. I'm sorry but that's a recipe for Mediocracy. They never blocked us to a Superbowl!!! Those schemes w one dimensional blockers are suicide because you're only gonna cover the guys who can beat you on the play . Our Te core couldn't beat anyone when Witten was in his prime. Alot of those snaps should have been allocated for better wrs and Rbs because our te core has held our passing game back for a decade. We need a great receiving te who can get by with their blocking. They are gonna be sharing time w a slot wrs anyways. I love the complete turnover on offense. Its funny how it takes the media to put the head coaches job on the line in order to get the schematics to change. The Cowboys have gone out and gotten some players this year. They finally aren't letting their friendships get in the way of winning football. I was hoping for Gisicki in the Draft just because he has the speed to play outside. I just hope we start tapering off the te and full back roles until we find a difference maker at those positions. Go beat somebody with speed, picks, slants, screens, reverses and all the plays besides that one seam route from our Te. 2018 will be a better year with Dak, Zeke and Bo in the backfield. Beasely and Tavon in the Slot, Rico in the Red Zone. All we need is our outside receivers to be pretty good and I think we will be ok with our draft picks and free agent signings. I think our receivers are actually a little undersized as a core however I still think we can use that to our advantage by creating mismatches using it. I'm especially excited that we picked up a good power rb. It's about time we start utilizing depth out of the backfield. I'm not for sure Bo Scarborough won't outscore Zeke this year if given the chance. He's definitely gonna be a difference maker on our scoring offense and I can't wait to see what he looks like behind our oline. He really stood out on the tape I watched. He crosses the pylons when he gets the ball and that's exactly what we need is someone who can pick up the lost TD production from Dez

Paragraphs are your friend... I promise they are.