Why is there a lack of leadership on this team?

ethiostar

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2366394 said:
Polar opposites though.

Be nice to have a coach somewhere in the middle. Not always negative and ranting but at the same time not so soft that they just blow off a bad loss either.

Very true. As long as we have WP though, it would be nice to have someone to balance his 'softness':D

dfense

Reaction score
There's a lack of leadership because it's the only thing they can think to blame the team breakdowns on.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
our HC and QB being soft doesn't help. we are the football version of the new york yankees.

ethiostar

Reaction score
dfense;2366620 said:
There's a lack of leadership because it's the only thing they can think to blame the team breakdowns on.

Who are 'they'? are you talking about the team? If so, i don't remember hearing anybody say that. Care to refresh my memory?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
The reality is quite simple. We have no leadership because we have no leaders. I don't see anyone getting fired up on this team and getting up into someone's ***.

We have a lot of complainers, i.e., TO, Ellis, et al.

We have a lot of players who make stupid mental mistakes, i.e., Flo, Gurode and, yes, even Witten.

What we don't have is someone who will step up and hold players accountable. Can you imagine what Aikman would be doing if he was the field general? Irvin? Emmitt? Haley? Sanders? All these guys held themselves and their teammates accountable. That's not happening here, in my estimation.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If your boss was your best friend would you really do your best to get the job done 100% of the time or would there be times when you didn't exactly put forth your best effort because you had no fear of losing said job because the boss is your best friend?

Fear.

When enough guys fear losing their jobs then they get upset that other guys are hurting their chance at keeping that job.

Then those guys start stepping up to the plate and letting everyone know that the BS that's going on won't float because now it's affecting other people and how they are being perceived in the manner in which they are doing their job.

When those people rise up the rest fall in line.

It starts with Wade. He has no fear of losing his job. Then it goes to the assistants. They don't fear losing their jobs. Then it goes to the players. They aren't in fear of losing their jobs.

Everyone loves everyone and this team is 4-3.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2366634 said:
If your boss was your best friend would you really do your best to get the job done 100% of the time or would there be times when you didn't exactly out forth your best effort because you had no fear of losing said job?

Fear.

When enough guys fear losing there job then they get upset that other guys are hurting there chance at losing that job.

Then those guys start stepping up to the plate and letting everyone know that the BS that's going on won't float because now it's affecting other people and how they are being perceived in the manner in which they are doing their job.

It starts with Wade. He has no fear of losing his job. Then it goes to the assistants. They don't fear losing their jobs. Then it goes to the players. They aren't in fear of losing their jobs.

I agree with this for the most part, but I'll bring up the Switzer SB team. Aikman couldn't stand the guy and I'll even argue that he didn't respect him. But, that team had enough leadership and character to go out and do the job they were being paid to do. This team doesn't have that leadership to overcome Cupcake and his staff.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2366622 said:
our HC and QB being soft doesn't help. we are the football version of the new york yankees.

Now Romo is soft because he can't play with a broken hand? lol.

That's not really fair.

ethiostar

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2366634 said:
If your boss was your best friend would you really do your best to get the job done 100% of the time or would there be times when you didn't exactly put forth your best effort because you had no fear of losing said job because the boss is your best friend?

Fear.

When enough guys fear losing their jobs then they get upset that other guys are hurting their chance at keeping that job.

Maybe not this year but he's got to know by now that he most likely won't be back next year.

I do agree with you about the comfort level of most players. They are paid well already and they know they will be here for a few more years.

I personally think they kind of got intoxicated with the attention that the Star brings with it and perhaps got a little too full of themselves. Walking on the field with a star on the helmet doesn't guarantee a win. You still got to earn it. As soon as they get hit in the mouth, they seem too get shell shocked and lose their minds.