Why is Wentz not taking heat by the mainstream media?

wrongway

Reaction score
His play before his injury doesn't count? Ok...o_O
Sure every game he played in counted in the Regular season. You would wear that post season reward with pride? If you get hurt in Marine Corps boot camp you do not graduate with your platoon. You get recycled to another one when you're done rehabing and graduate with them. You don't hang with your platoon while they do all the work. You EARN every bit of it. As it should be.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Wentz deserves a lot of heat.

The Eagles season was basically on the line Sunday. And he comes out and plays like that in the first half. Didn't help the team out at all and even turned the ball over. Zero first half points.

If Dak played like that and lost in a season ending game the media would be having a field day.

I bet there was 4 or 5 threads were started on the Eagles forum debating Wentz's future in Philly after yesterday's game haha

#OVERRATEDWENTZ

The media is still having a field day with dak. They've talked more about his miscues in the philly game than anything he did in the 4th QTR and overtime.

Wintz gets off free because he has no star on his helmet.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
wentz's numbers last year are overblown. he was average everywhere except TD/INT. well below average completion %. average YPA to go along with it. was right about the middle in YPG. there were a lot of games where he was trash in the 1st half but that defense and run game kept him in it, and he vultured a lot of TDs from short fields/his run game going right down the field. he's an overrated QB. he isn't in the class of other young stud QBs

edit: i won't say dak is better than him. they both have glaring flaws. but the gap isn't nearly as big as some think. wentz has accuracy, decision making, and processing issues. much like dak does, actually.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Why do some members here feel the need to keep talking about another team's QB?
Who cares?
Why do you create the thread in the fans zone?
Why are you so fixated on this guy?

Don't come and tell me they were drafted in the same draft, or others keep comparing. I am talking about you and them. And there are 200 players drafted in the same year ...

It's like the idiot parents at the playground with the "my kid is better than your kid" nonsense

:cool:

J12B

Reaction score
Why do some members here feel the need to keep talking about another team's QB?
Who cares?
Why do you create the thread in the fans zone?
Why are you so fixated on this guy?

Don't come and tell me they were drafted in the same draft, or others keep comparing. I am talking about you and them. And there are 200 players drafted in the same year ...

It's like the idiot parents at the playground with the "my kid is better than your kid" nonsense

:cool:

Because he plays for a divisional rival who Dallas will see twice every year and who they just faced past Sunday.

Personally, I've seen quite a few debates amongst fans regarding the 2016 draft on whether we should have traded up to get Wentz.

It's been 3 seasons and this season, particularly, it appears the front office made the right move by staying put and drafting Zeke at #4 and Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round.

We wouldn't have either of those players had we traded to the #2 spot and probably another player or two on the roster as the price is high to get that 2nd overall pick.

Point being, the front office made the right move in what they did and threads like these attempt to cement the front offices decision and show fans who were strongly for trading up for Wentz that it would not have benefited this franchise. At all. No way we can just win with Wentz. We need Zeke, Smith and other strong supporting players like Dak and Collins who came out of the 2016 draft.

I'm certainly glad we dont have Wentz based on how he has looked this entire year.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dak didn’t play great, but he was good enough when it mattered. That said, I remember the throw to Amari where it was over his shoulder, towards the sidelines. Amari has a couple steps before going outta bounds. Amari had to reach for it, but that is a throw and catch made every dang Sunday on every team. And there was Joe Buck saying, THAT WAS ALLLLL AMARI COOPER!”

Damn ridiculous. It was a good throw and a good catch for a big first down.

J12B

Reaction score
wentz's numbers last year are overblown. he was average everywhere except TD/INT. well below average completion %. average YPA to go along with it. was right about the middle in YPG. there were a lot of games where he was trash in the 1st half but that defense and run game kept him in it, and he vultured a lot of TDs from short fields/his run game going right down the field. he's an overrated QB. he isn't in the class of other young stud QBs

edit: i won't say dak is better than him. they both have glaring flaws. but the gap isn't nearly as big as some think. wentz has accuracy, decision making, and processing issues. much like dak does, actually.

Completely agree with everything you said.

Reaction score
Football is 2 halves. Wentz and the entire Eagles offense did nothing in the first half, because we controlled the clock and didn't let them. In the 2nd half, he threw 3 TDs and capitalized with points off the turnovers his defense gave him. He's not the reason they lost that game.

I agree that Dak takes way more criticism than Wentz for every little thing, and I still say that the fact that the Eagles team was so good last year that they went on to win the Super Bowl with Foles after Wentz went out proved that Wentz wasn't the main reason they were having so much success last year, even though he was playing very well.

If Dak's rookie season was only good because the team around him was terrific, then 2017 Wentz could get the same criticism. This year you're seeing how Wentz does with a not that great team around him comparatively. 2018 Wentz is not that different from 2017 Dak.

2017 Dak - 27 TDs, 13 INTs, 3 fumbles lost.
2018 Wentz - 21 TD, 7 INTs, 5 fumbles lost. 3 games left, so he projects to 31 TDs, 13 INTs, 7 fumbles. Basically Dak's season last year, with 4 more TDs, and 4 more turnovers.

DHCBF66

Reaction score

The Eagles season was basically on the line Sunday. And he comes out and plays like that in the first half. Didn't help the team out at all and even turned the ball over. Zero first half points.

If Dak played like that and lost in a season ending game the media would be having a field day.

I bet there was 4 or 5 threads were started on the Eagles forum debating Wentz's future in Philly after yesterday's game haha

#OVERRATEDWENTZ
Because he is not a Cowboy!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
wentz has underperformed from last year. I have watched him play the last four games and just does not seem to be reading the whole field right now like last year. he had guys open yesterday in the cowboys defense and he failed to get the ball downfield. he is playing a lot like a alex smith type qb this year. the fourth quarter was the best that he has played in last four weeks.
He was the same last year and his rookie year. Difference is the defense isn't getting turnovers allowing him to score on a short field this season.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wentz is just a glorified bus driver.....look at last year, he had all the pieces around him (top defense, top wrs, top te, excellent running backs, best oline, simple college offensive scheme but very effective)....then when he got hurt bus driver #2 just needed to continue driving that bus full of talent down that one way street....they lost wentz and didn't skip a beat......that should tell you something.
To me this is huge. Way back when everyone was downplaying Emmitt as a product of the line, every time a backup had to play it was a nightmare. And as Nate famously said, until Emmitt they were just a bunch of overweight under achievers.

If a QB really elevates his team, the backup probably shouldn't do even better, right?

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's pretty simple... Because he's not Dak.

No, because he is not a Cowboy.

Cowboys are the most criticized players in the NFL.

Philly does not get them ratings!

It is not about truth or perspective - it is about how many people will tune in.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
To me this is huge. Way back when everyone was downplaying Emmitt as a product of the line, every time a backup had to play it was a nightmare. And as Nate famously said, until Emmitt they were just a bunch of overweight under achievers.

If a QB really elevates his team, the backup probably shouldn't do even better, right?
Seems like the evidence is pointing to the fact that the talent they had on the team last year elevated the QB play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

#OVERRATEDWENTZ

Part of it is that he's a first-round pick so he's going to benefit from that status for a few years.

The other part is that just a week earlier our defense made a future Hall of Famer also look pretty pedestrian.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
QB's coming back from a severe injury get a break. Wentz is not 100%, I can see that. New OC, new QB coach.....rumor starting in Philly that DeFillipo will be asked to come back to Philly. Wentz praised him as by far the best QB coach he ever had, and gives him credit for his performance last year.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

#OVERRATEDWENTZ
but how is he being treated in the underground media ?