Why is Wentz not taking heat by the mainstream media?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because he was crowned as the next coming before ever stepping onto the field. Media and fans will make excuses until the cows come home for those. Wentz is good but nothing special. Go read how many talk about him on here. You'd think he have the accomplishments of Joe Montana. When he doesn't have the accomplishments of the guy behind him on the bench in Foles.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Wentz deserves a lot of heat.

The Eagles season was basically on the line Sunday. And he comes out and plays like that in the first half. Didn't help the team out at all and even turned the ball over. Zero first half points.

If Dak played like that and lost in a season ending game the media would be having a field day.

I bet there was 4 or 5 threads were started on the Eagles forum debating Wentz's future in Philly after yesterday's game haha

#OVERRATEDWENTZ

Because he does not play QB for the Dallas Cowboys. Their comes a certain expectation with that position. AND RIGHTFULLY SO!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Im not going to knock a player to defend a player I like. I'm happy with Dak and I think eagle fans should be happy with Wentz. The next 10 years should be good battles between us and the eagle's.

If I step outside my cowboy fandom and looked at the whole pic, stats, arm, size, winning % ect.... I would give Wentz a SLIGHT edge. I don't get the fans and media that makes it a huge gap.

Cowherd is a good example of this. Today he was ranking his possible wild card teams that had a chance to make it and win a game. I can't remember where he had them ranked but he used Wentz as a reason why he thought they could make it and win in the playoffs. Then he went on to talk about his wr aren't as good last year, his running game isn't what it was last year and the D isn't as good as last year. He, and others, constantly give Wentz that excuse. It's a valid excuse or reason but my issue is, and has been for 3 years now, why does he get them built in excuses but Dak doesnt? Why when he has the talent around him he gets credit but when dak has it its the team that gets the credit? Add to that, he had a segment yesterday on why Dak needed to be self aware and not go after a big contract because he needed help around him and they couldn't get him the help if he went for the money. Sometimes I wonder if people are actually listening to themselves and thinking about what they are saying when discussing Dak and Wentz or Dak and every other QB. Lol. In a 2 day period he said Wentz help around him isn't as good as last year which is a reason for them not being as good. Dak needed to take less because they need the money to give him help because he needs help to win. Lol isn't that what he's saying about Wentz when he gives him the built in excuse for the team not winning because the talent around him isn't good enough?

Like I've said before. Wentz looked avg in 16 when his talent wasn't as good. He looked good on 17 when his talent was better. He hasn't looked as good in 18 when the talent has dropped off. Dak looked good in 16 when the talent was good . Not as good on 17 when injuries, suspensions and aging players made the talent not as good. Started off 18 not good with a avg OL, no wr, no TE. Has improved with the addition of just one wr. Lol.

ALL QBS need talent around them. I'm still waiting for someone to name the qbs who won a SB with no talent or very little talent around them. Or even the qbs who win consistently with no talent or very little around them.