Why isn’t Dez Bryant playing football for us?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Have you asked yourself, "Why isn't he playing for anybody?". Something is up if nobody in the league wants him.
Because he's an arrogant dude who has been "the man" everywhere he has been since he was 13 or 14 years old.

He turned down the Ravens, that was his biggest mistake.

He turned down the Browns, that was idiotic.

He begged the Patriots, Steelers, every team in the NFCE to sign him. They all didn't want the trouble.

Now he's begging his daddy to bring him home. Yet, if Jerry is smart, he'll do it - with a generous league minimum salary and a team option for a second year with incentives, and over both seasons at the max comp, he won't come close to the 1 year comp the Browns offered him. Then he'll be 31 hitting free agency, and even if he re-establishes himself, he'll be making a fraction of what he could have.

I don't think we should write him off entirely when his jersey sales alone will make more money than his salary.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Another Dez thread? Why! Why! Why!
Something to talk about. Isn't that a movie?

Now about the subject. I wouldn't mind having him back if he keeps his mouth shut and plays ball. He's great around the goal line and his YAC can be scary sometimes.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
the guy can play.
We need players.

You cut the player bc he missed meetings? How about you grow a pair and fine him or discipline him before it gets to that? The guy doesn’t have a father figure. He’s never been arrested. Any issues he has feels really child like and not dangerous. He’s emotional. He gets hurt. Thought this was a brotherhood they kinda dumped him ya know?

It feels like he’s just training and recovering from an injury and they’re gonna negotiate a new salary with a humbled desperate player.

This is fixable. He isn’t al queada. If Sean lee is a true leader he’ll help figure this out too.
:lmao:
HGTBHmE.jpg

HGTypCP.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Something to talk about. Isn't that a movie?

Now about the subject. I wouldn't mind having him back if he keeps his mouth shut and plays ball. He's great around the goal line and his YAC can be scary sometimes.
Drinking while posting again I see.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I was all for getting rid of him . He was way too expensive . He wanted the ball but heard footsteps and couldn't catch . I dont care what he said about the FO in anger probably no worse than what I have said .

Can we get him for next to nothing and is he hungry enough to feel the need to prove something. Will he sacrifice his body SHUT UP and JUST CATCH THE FREAKIN BALL. If yes is the answer to all this then he could possibly help the team on the field but will it divide the locker room and be more trouble than its worth hard to say . I don't have the pulse on that

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We are roughly 12m under the cap....... Dez' cut saved the team 12.5m against the cap

There it is.... he was cut to save money and cap space

kskboys

Reaction score
We are roughly 12m under the cap....... Dez' cut saved the team 12.5m against the cap

There it is.... he was cut to save money and cap space
And I think that savings can be transferred to next year. By then, we might know what is needed and go get someone.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And I think that savings can be transferred to next year. By then, we might know what is needed and go get someone.
They thought they could replace him with AHurns because he got garbage yards in 2016 with JAX

DFWJC

Reaction score
Have you asked yourself, "Why isn't he playing for anybody?". Something is up if nobody in the league wants him.
I get why he's not here, but this isn't factual if you're saying nobody wanted him.
We know of at least two offers

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I get why he's not here, but this isn't factual if you're saying nobody wanted him.
We know of at least two offers
yeah but not enough to pay what he wanted. I loved his "want to" but man he is the king of drama.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s a straightforward honest answer to this OP. The answer to this team’s problems are not going to be found in the past. Dez, Tony Romo, or any other past star is not the key to making this team relevant again.

The answers will be found looking forward, not backward. Dez wasn’t the answer last year. Why would he be now? Tony Romo was old when he retired, no longer able to take the hits of an ordinary NFL tackle. Why would he be the answer at 40, two years removed from NFL action? It’s absolutely ludicrous.