Why isn't Ezekiel Elliot in prison?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Assault is a crime tho and the NFL said they have significant evidence assault occurred

Significant, by their definition. They aren't obligated to abide by legal standards, and while simply reflecting poorly on one's employer isn't enough to be sent to prison it damn sure is enough to be reprimanded by said employer. The standards for each institution differ. That's just a fact that must be accepted. The justice system is not perfect, nor is it infallible.

csirl

Reaction score
1. Does the NFL have better investigators than the police?

2. If so, why isn't ezekiel Elliot charged?

Criminal prosecutions need close to 100% proof to suceed.

NFL investigation is a civil one so it only requires proof that the allegation was more likely than not to be true i.e. 50% plus probability

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Dear Op,

Get_out_of_jail_free.jpg

Sorry I just had to

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Your employer can, and probably does, have a personal conduct policy. I have suspended employees without pay for improper conduct, and they have a union, and I had every right to do it under the CBA and employment law. It doesn't have to rise to the level of a crime.

While this is true on it's face, you can't suspend them just because you want to. There has to be some type of credible evidence to justify the punishment. And I would ask you, if you heard a rumor that one of your union employees beat up his wife and that the police spoke with the employee but didn't find any/enough evidence to even arrest the guy, let alone convict him, would you take it upon your self to say, I think he did it, therefore it violates our standard of conduct policy and boom, you suspend him? If the NFL, had issued him a 2 game suspension for his actions in the parade and the bar etc, this would be over with already. They have effectively convicted him of a crime without a shred of evidence.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not even public opinion. I have talked to quite a few fans of other teams that are not too happy with how this has all played out.

They know they are one claim away from losing their star player if someone can fabricate enough circumstantial evidence to file a charge and get the NFL’ s attention. How about rape for example. ....