Why isn't there any talk about Marc Colombo?

Zman5

Reaction score
Did I miss it? This is the first time he is playing against the team that gave up on him. I would think he would be pumped up to prove them wrong. Hopefully he has a monster game against them.

Jon

Reaction score
He will be wearing opposition colors Sunday night, but many people in the Bears organization will be happy for right tackle Marc Colombo when he makes his 20th straight start for the Cowboys. Colombo, Jerry Angelo's first draft choice in 2002, never justified the pick in Chicago because of a series of knee injuries. So far this season Colombo has handled the Giants' Michael Strahan and the Dolphins' Matt Roth without giving up a sack. It's a good challenge for left ends Adewale Ogunleye and Alex Brown, who should be familiar with Colombo because he was a member of the same Bears draft class. ...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...h18sep18,1,1977920.story?coll=cs-sports-print

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nobody is talking about our O-line at all this season. That's a very good thing. When they go unnoticed, they're doing their job.

Wood

Reaction score
speaking of colombo. Here is his picture during pregame warmup for Giants game. He totally looks like an ex-con.

http://i33.***BLOCKED***/albums/d99/tripod691/colombo.jpg

sago1

Reaction score
Gee, next thing you know the Chicago newspaper will start referring to Dallas as "Chicago south" since we've got 2 of their former players on our roster (or almost anyway) and they are Colombo and Tank Johnson.

BTW: Listened to DCFanatic who was talking about the possibility that Tank Johnson could also play DE in Wade's 3-4 as well as DT. I've had the same idea & wonder if next year Johnson will push Spears and/or Canty. Will be interesting to see how well Johnson can play in late December when he's football ready and knows the system. But it might be even more interesting to see what happens in his 2nd season with us. He could be the backup/successor we looking for to replace Ferguson or he could be the starting DE. Hmmm.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wood;1658252 said:
speaking of colombo. Here is his picture during pregame warmup for Giants game. He totally looks like an ex-con.

Colombo is a BAD MUTHA (shut your mouth)!

Naw, nobody talks about the big boys when they are doing their job, and that is a good thing...

How many times has Romo been sacked so far? :confused:

Anyway, no, the big ugly's never get any press, unless it's bad...

;)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Wood;1658252 said:

...an ex-con epicted in movies? Or real life?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;1658192 said:
He's an Offensive Lineman, therefore he is not sexy.

The guy shaves his head like me

HE IS SEXY !! Trust a brother...mmmk? MmmmK !!

For real tho. Marc has been doing a very solid job since we signed him. I am glad he is sticking w/ this club. He has been a good tackle for us.

sago1

Reaction score
Almost forgot to mention in above posting that Wade Phillips gave Colombo a game ball after the Miami game. Colombo graded the highest of the OL players on Sunday.

Hope he keeps it up cause he signed a 2 year deal with the Cowboys earlier in the spring worth about $7M. Don't think any other team expressed interest in him due probably cause of lingering concern about condition of his knee.

If Colombo stills healthy and plays well for the entire season at RT, Jerry probably re-signs him to good contract. If Cowboys decide not to bring back Flozel and expect Free/McQuistan to take over for him, doubt we want to go with new young tackles at both positions in same year.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, i dont remember the exact details, but columbo said that he couldnt wait to play the bears when he first started playing for us, he said he wanted to pay them back, so to me, he will be really fired up for this game, and you might see him play the best game of his life, now if gurode can get on ularcher, and flozell can stalmate the other de, opposite from columbo, i think we will do good,

this game to my mind will boil down to the offense and defensive lines, pressure on QB and their punt returner hester, if we can control that, then we have a chance to win

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Columbo has been a solid Tackle for us -

Romo really has had great protection this season so far.

Ken

Reaction score
I agree with Zman5, Columbo has been outstanding. He shutout Strahan in week 1 and matched up with Jason Taylor quite a bit last week.

He won't get any tougher matchups than those two the rest of the season.

It is good to finally have a solid offensive line.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Zman5;1658159 said:
Did I miss it? This is the first time he is playing against the team that gave up on him. I would think he would be pumped up to prove them wrong. Hopefully he has a monster game against them.

nice post, good question

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gurode missed a block Sunday, and Kosier missed a couple of stunts. Flo was actually pretty dominant, outside of his false starts (im sure it's from his bad ear ;)) and Columbo was awesome.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The only thing that i consider sexy about football is the cheerleaders. Football players and sexy just doesn't do it for me.