Why Jerry must hope Garrett is Bill Cowher

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who said anything about cutting Dak? But I’d definitely look to continue drafting qb until we find a greater one . It was lucky we finally found a great backup we can win with.

Our dysfunctional organization will struggle winning with a qb with Daks ability . Probably more than with Romo.

I hope you’re right and it certainly looks like we’re going to find out.

We’ve been talent dependent and why with our clowns it’s difficult to see Dak being enough to overcome.

and you really should refrain from your emotional outburst and personal insults or place me on ignore.

LOL...……...Dak is 2nd in regular season wins ONLY to Tom Brady the last 3 years. He has also made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and won a playoff game. And he did all that with a dysfunctional organization, mostly a shell of an Oline, and horrid coaching. Not to mention Zeke ruining 2017.

Dak is a stud. Calling him a backup only highlights your lack of understanding of the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL...……...Dak is 2nd in regular season wins ONLY to Tom Brady the last 3 years. He has also made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and won a playoff game. And he did all that with a dysfunctional organization, mostly a shell of an Oline, and horrid coaching. Not to mention Zeke ruining 2017.

Dak is a stud. Calling him a backup only highlights your lack of understanding of the game.
Stud. Lol. Yea, he’s as great as Brady.

We’re basically a great QB away from being a more serious contender. Never seen so much slobbering over a 16th ranked QB.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Since the Super Bowl started in 1967, 47 of the 52 Super Bowl winning Head coaches won a Super Bowl within their first 5 years as head coach. Two of the early winners, Weeb Eubanks of the Jets and Chuck Noll of the Steelers won Super Bowls within their first 6 years as a HC. Vince Lombardi won in his 7th year (although he won the old NFL championship pre-SB within 3 years) and Tom Landry in his 12th year.

The most recent SB winning coach to win after more than 5 seasons was Bill Cowher of the Steelers who won a SB in his 13th season.

Cowher won one SB in 14 seasons as HC. Sean Payton has 1 in twelve seasons and some people here talk like he's Vince Lombardi.

Cowher also endured most seasons with legends like Neil O'Donnell, Cordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox at QB. Payton has had Drew Brees the entire time.

Payton's awesome offense put up 290 yards and 23 points at home against the Rams. The Cowboys bad offense put up 308 yards and 22 points in LA.

And yet, we'll have people predicting multiple SBs if Jerry coaxes Payton to Dallas. Me? I'd rather have Cowher. :muttley:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowher won one SB in 14 seasons as HC. Sean Payton has 1 in twelve seasons and some people here talk like he's Vince Lombardi.

Cowher also endured most seasons with legends like Neil O'Donnell, Cordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox at QB. Payton has had Drew Brees the entire time.

Payton's awesome offense put up 290 yards and 23 points at home against the Rams. The Cowboys bad offense put up 308 yards and 22 points in LA.

And yet, we'll have people predicting multiple SBs if Jerry coaxes Payton to Dallas. Me? I'd rather have Cowher. :muttley:
That’s all true and well said. But the point of this OP was simple- If winning a SB is the goal- 90% of the head coaches that have won SBs, won them within the first 5 years of being the HC of that team. Garrett is about to start his 9th year, well outside the “norm” of successful SB coaches. That’s why I said Jerry May hope Garrett is Bill Cowher who won his SB in his 13th year.