Why Jerry, why?

foofighters

Reaction score
Why in the world would you bring back the same staff after leading the league in penalties and losing the playoff game at home to a 10-7 team????......... A SF offense lead by a wr playing rb and a Qb who rarely breaks 200 yards passing. Have the Jones boys seriously convinced themselves the officiating cost them the game while forgetting the team entered the 4th Quarter trailng 23-7?
The difference between the 2 teams wasn't talent. It was football intelligence and grit......... It was coaching. The 49ers were coached up. Dallas was not. I remember too many good Cowboy football teams to recognize the difference between a prepared confident team and one that is not. But, here we go again to rewind the whole mess and see if it plays out differently.

......dam, I need some onion rings.
Because "we are just one player away" (meanwhile the fanbase eats up Jerry's usual spin and goes and buys more jerseys...).

You're O-Ring comment offends me. It's 5AM and I am hungry now. I want rings and a beer, thank you!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why in the world would you bring back the same staff after leading the league in penalties and losing the playoff game at home to a 10-7 team????......... A SF offense lead by a wr playing rb and a Qb who rarely breaks 200 yards passing. Have the Jones boys seriously convinced themselves the officiating cost them the game while forgetting the team entered the 4th Quarter trailng 23-7?
The difference between the 2 teams wasn't talent. It was football intelligence and grit......... It was coaching. The 49ers were coached up. Dallas was not. I remember too many good Cowboy football teams to recognize the difference between a prepared confident team and one that is not. But, here we go again to rewind the whole mess and see if it plays out differently.

apparently, A LOT of the playoff teams or teams with good records at the top of that list of most penalized teams ALL bringing back their staffs

yet some at the bottom were one and done as well in the playoffs or didn't make the playoffs.

sounds to me its not jerry issue, its fan issue., Parcells here also had so eof the top penalty ridden teams..the players need to clean this up more than the coaches, you can't punish full adult grown players who make millions in a capped league to resolve this issue, basically coaches can teach and yell until they are blue in the face but its ultimately up to the players themselves. you can try hard to help them get better or shuffle them around this year ie still might happen with change to the OL but its nonsense looking at this list and trying to determine of Coaching staff is to blame.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-is-the-most-penalties-by-an-nfl-team-in-2021

NotForLong

Reaction score

That playoff game was 9 weeks in the making

The writing was on the wall and Mr. Serta sharted the Bed

I didn't even watch knowing full well what would be the end result . . . I am a big believer in Patterns

The writing is on the wall

No matter who is the Head Coach, Offensive Coordinater, Wide Receivers, Te , Offensive Linemen, or Rb's . . . this team will suffer the same result

Although it will not be a guarantee of success if we change the QB . . . 1 thing is for sure this team will have absolutely no success and everyone else will be blamed . . . endlessly as long as Dak is QB

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think he’s going to hire a new offensive line coach. It’s not the entire staff that’s the issue

Diehardblues

Reaction score

This was a successful season by our standards this era. Not the dumpster fire we’ve all too often seen in other seasons .

Remember the priorities “ relative and interesting “.

BguSUjh.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger does not like paying coaches walk away money.

And besides that, it wasn't on the coaching staff, it was the WR's route running.

rags

Reaction score
The fact that JJ is bringing MM back for another season should surprise no one. Jerry wants a yes man. It's as simple as that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you lead the league in pre snap penalties that ain't the refs. Any fool can see those fouls. 7 of the 14 vs San Fran were pre snap. That's just stupidity.

But this team is full of excuses and it's rubbed off on some fans.
When our d-line tackles an o-line......you know we've got issues.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think Jerry isn't an outstanding Owner/General Manager is a short-sighted. Jerry just bought DQ back for another year with lots of Jones money. DQ didn't get the Denver job,which was probably his primary choice,but Miami,Chicago and NYG were still in play.All have un-established QB situations and for a Def oriented guy that spells trouble.Jerry made it easy for DQ to finish the job. We were 6-10 in 2020 and in disarray defensively and while we rose defensively to 7th in points against, and first in TOs,we were still 23rd in yds. allowed with a gang of one year free agents on defense.Young promising players on DEF (D.Wilson,N.Gallimore,K.Joseph,N.Wight) get a chance to get better under the same coach.
Now the Jones' have DQ on the bench MM on the hotseat and SP in the announcer booth.If the Seattle job opens in 2023,(or Oakland,NYJ,AZ or CAR) DQ will be a prime candidate,but Jerry will have three possible candidates to lead the Cowboys.Expect DQ is getting low head coach money and sitting pretty for 2023.

JJ did the job a GM is supposed to do and put pressure on MM like a good CEO is supposed to do.

Mannix

Reaction score
The fact that JJ is bringing MM back for another season should surprise no one. Jerry wants a yes man. It's as simple as that.
Wait, wait, wait....he always says, "don't you think if I could spend such and such money to win a Super Bowl that I would?".....one of these days, someone needs to call him on that and start rattling off the names of other coaching candidates that win titles that you could money whip if you were so inclined.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When you lead the league in pre snap penalties that ain't the refs. Any fool can see those fouls. 7 of the 14 vs San Fran were pre snap. That's just stupidity.

But this team is full of excuses and it's rubbed off on some fans.
To be fair, at least one of the pre-snap penalties was on the refs. Probably two.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that the #1 offense wasn't a mirage didn't watch the games.

Exactly...................Drop 50 on Washington's practice squad players and then score 10 points against Kansas City.

That averages to 30 points per game....................looks good on the stat sheet but its just a fluff ranking in reality.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

Because you can't change staff every year like fans want. I can understand the young fans wanting this, they don't understand life yet, but guys 40 + should be more patient and wise over issues like this. We had a losing record in 2020, a winning record in 2021, and hope to take the next step next season. If not, then changes can be made. Unless you want to swap out staff ever year, leave no continuity in your franchise and on your team, and constantly go through it?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because you can't change staff every year like fans want. I can understand the young fans wanting this, they don't understand life yet, but guys 40 + should be more patient and wise over issues like this. We had a losing record in 2020, a winning record in 2021, and hope to take the next step next season. If not, then changes can be made. Unless you want to swap out staff ever year, leave no continuity in your franchise and on your team, and constantly go through it?

Oh really, and how did Jason Garret work out, oh wise mr patience?

It also sounds like you are old enough to know the definition of stupid. MM did not coach the team up. His team was sloppy, unmotivated, and error prone......leading the NFL in penalties. You need to see that again ? The 12-5 record was dressed up by 6 wins in the NFC Least. In reality, the team is mediocre going 6-6 against the rest of the league.

Flamma

Reaction score

Very well said. I could not agree more. This is why some of us knew we weren't winning this game. The pattern was obvious. Otherwise I would have been confident going into this game.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry wants the best chance to win. That is what they have by bringing back the current staff and giving Quinn and McClay extensions.