Video: Why Jourdan Lewis Should Be Starting

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Voch can tell you guys. But it isn't anything you haven't from me already.

Not a mere coincidence that there is not analysis of deep balls on the sideline.

Lewis has poor speed. Great instincts. Great tackling. Football player. But just not fast enough to play outside CB at 4.54. With more size, maybe you think about it. But doesn't have size either.

Chidobe is 0.1 faster in the 40. Brown is 0.2 faster.

Lewis is an asset on a short field where longer speed is not an issue. Play him in the red zone.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not a mere coincidence that there is not analysis of deep balls on the sideline.

Lewis has poor speed. Great instincts. Great tackling. Football player. But just not fast enough to play outside CB at 4.54. With more size, maybe you think about it. But doesn't have size either.

Chidobe is 0.1 faster in the 40. Brown is 0.2 faster.

Lewis is an asset on a short field where longer speed is not an issue. Play him in the red zone.
Look an xwalker lacky that thinks jlew blew the coverage on robbie andersons 92 yard td

Number1

Reaction score
Lewis is the better play maker - still he all but telegraphs coverage when on the field

it's about scheme and 4.3 vs 4.5 speed ... as a matter of tactical reality, Lewis was going to end up a SCB in mostly zone

look at like this - 4 of our 5 our WRs would flat run past Lewis at about 15y ... Coop and Austin at 10y
w/o deep help and a pass rush ... Lewis becomes a target in pure man coverage

it's like Lee playing LB - he can do everything well, except 9 turn and run in coverage
I wish Jaylon and Leighton had his instincts, they don't mean they shouldn't start

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lewis is the better play maker - still he all but telegraphs coverage when on the field

it's about scheme and 4.3 vs 4.5 speed ... as a matter of tactical reality, Lewis was going to end up a SCB in mostly zone

look at like this - 4 of our 5 our WRs would flat run past Lewis at about 15y ... Coop and Austin at 10y
w/o deep help and a pass rush ... Lewis becomes a target in pure man coverage

it's like Lee playing LB - he can do everything well, except 9 turn and run in coverage
I wish Jaylon and Leighton had his instincts, they don't mean they shouldn't start
Yet we sit here week in and week out watching chido get abused on the outside. When lewis gets burned and wrs are running by him at a high clip then lets talk.

cristglo

Reaction score
Voch can tell you guys. But it isn't anything you haven't from me already.

I totally agree with you Hennessy Its just puzzling how stubborn Richard is being because of his height/length.
Brown has regressed and Lewis is clearly the better player and one of the teams best tacklers.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Hennessy Its just puzzling how stubborn Richard is being because of his height/length.
Brown has regressed and Lewis is clearly the better player and one of the teams best tacklers.
Yeh im over richard already

Aven8

Reaction score
My only reasoning that he’s not playing is he takes chances. That’s the only thing I can think of. Good thing is none of them are bad. Yes even Brown. They are all quality DB’s. Good problem to have.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Can somebody provide a direct quote from Richard that says he prefers big, tall DB's? Or are we just making assumptions that because his crew in Seattle was huge that that is what he prefers? Seems odd that a 5'11" former CB would be opposed to playing 5'10" Lewis because he is "short".