Video: Why Jourdan Lewis Should Be Starting

cristglo

Reaction score
Can somebody provide a direct quote from Richard that says he prefers big, tall DB's? Or are we just making assumptions that because his crew in Seattle was huge that that is what he prefers? Seems odd that a 5'11" former CB would be opposed to playing 5'10" Lewis because he is "short".

Clearly you havent done much reading on Richard He prefers the taller long arm DB

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lewis is the better play maker - still he all but telegraphs coverage when on the field

it's about scheme and 4.3 vs 4.5 speed ... as a matter of tactical reality, Lewis was going to end up a SCB in mostly zone

look at like this - 4 of our 5 our WRs would flat run past Lewis at about 15y ... Coop and Austin at 10y
w/o deep help and a pass rush ... Lewis becomes a target in pure man coverage

it's like Lee playing LB - he can do everything well, except 9 turn and run in coverage
I wish Jaylon and Leighton had his instincts, they don't mean they shouldn't start
Good info! So thats why he hasnt been on the field enough because he would be exposed.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Richard needs to stop being protected by these people who think he can do no wrong. He deserves his share of the blame over the defense’s mishaps just as much as Marinelli does.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
There honestly isn't much difference between a guy who runs a 40 with no pads on in 4.3 vs 4.5. That's not even half a second. On the occasion guys are going that deep there is usually a safety over the top to help (or in our case, Jeff Heath running that way to help but never making it in time). You can more than make up for that time by having good acceleration and good technique. I'm all for demoting Awuzie. He hasn't looked very good this year. And if we start Lewis and it doesn't work, stick Awuzie back in there.

ghst187

Reaction score
I remember Desmond king falling and falling on draft day because his measurable weren’t great but that dude could find the ball and make a play. Turns out, that stuff generally parlays well into the pros. Same same Lewis.

kskboys

Reaction score
There honestly isn't much difference between a guy who runs a 40 with no pads on in 4.3 vs 4.5. That's not even half a second. On the occasion guys are going that deep there is usually a safety over the top to help (or in our case, Jeff Heath running that way to help but never making it in time). You can more than make up for that time by having good acceleration and good technique. I'm all for demoting Awuzie. He hasn't looked very good this year. And if we start Lewis and it doesn't work, stick Awuzie back in there.
That's a monster of a difference.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like Lewis, but of the three plays here, the first is just him pushing someone after the play is over. The second one wouldn't have been notable if #13 wasn't out of position to block him. The third one was good coverage, but the ball wasn't even thrown to him, and people want Byron gone for doing exactly that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
since the day he showed up my eyes have said he should be starting. Don't know why that's so hard for professionals to figure out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Since Jourdan Lewis has been burned approximately 0 times this year I'm going to disagree with you. He did a pretty good job covering Kamara who's pretty fast.
That actually has nothing to do w/ your statement.

And 40 times are not a clear indication of long speed.

romonumberone

Reaction score
He makes one pick on an easy ball thrown right to him & everyone is clamoring for him to start. He makes plays. He's a playmaker.... LOL.

Next play that he gets beat on everyone will say that he sucks.

Sorry I trust the coaches who see these players day in and day out over any football genius on the internet.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He makes one pick on an easy ball thrown right to him & everyone is clamoring for him to start. He makes plays. He's a playmaker.... LOL.

Next play that he gets beat on everyone will say that he sucks.

Sorry I trust the coaches who see these players day in and day out over any football genius on the internet.
Heath is still starting. I trust none of them.