Why listen to anyone's words?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So for me, maybe its because im getting older, I dont listen to any of this noise anymore. People talking about how great Dak looks right now.... uhm, who cares, Hes only playing something that kind of looks like football right now. As the great Allen Iverson once say, its practice.
Speak for yourself!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seeing the thread on Zeke wanting a SB and a Gold Jacket made me chuckle.... uhm, really? You mean he wants to win a title? Which player in the entire league wouldnt say that?

Every year we see this stuff in the pre-season. Dak is hungry, Dak is in the best shape of his life.... blah, blah, blah. IM just curious why everyone puts so much stock, or maybe its better to say shows so much interest in what players, journalists, or coaches say. Do you think any of them are being honest?

If Dak was looking like garbage, do you actually think Mike would say so? If they were quietly saying behind the scenes, we are screwed at WR right now, we need to do something..... do you think they would come ut and say that?

Im watching a show on Netflix right now on the disaster at 3 mile Island.... we were apparently about 30 minites away from having the largest disaster in the history of our country, all while the goct was saying everything is cool.

So for me, maybe its because im getting older, I dont listen to any of this noise anymore. People talking about how great Dak looks right now.... uhm, who cares, Hes only playing something that kind of looks like football right now. As the great Allen Iverson once say, its practice.

you care, obviously, you read it and respond to it and belong to site following them, hypocrite much??
why read your dribble?????????????????

ill listen to a Pro player and pro coach before a lame fan rhetoric. i mean who are yo>? do toy own a team, are you a coach, do you even sell food in an NFL stadium..

seriously..OMG.. , your words are better, in what alternate reality??

. whats this, a critical write up to players who do NOT read This,. why because it means squat this entire diatribe scolding actual pros who say what yes most NFL players say and somehow we are supposed to take YOU seriously. Ill take dak and zeke over over the hill interweb poster who is Stright jealous.??:facepalm:

guess what,

. don't like it go take up corn hole, its the closest thing you will ever do and accomplish a possible write asking you a question , you are allowed to write about cornhole and be taken seriously, well not...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know where you get I view fantasy as a negative, I began playing it in its infancy stage many years ago and played for 25 years but I do understand the impact and number of fans that brought into the game and the rule changes that brought about to expand scoring. The NFL noticed that as well because they went from ignoring it to fully embracing it and even created the Red Zone Channel for the players.

One Sunday at the Fox and Hound in Dallas I watched about 40 women cheering wildly, not at the team, but at the players because they were on their fantasy team, they had become a participant. They were cheering against their hometown Cowboys because they were vested in their own team.

If you think the changes they've made in the game to embrace the fringe and fantasy fans as well as acknowledging gambling is as big as football aren't really the reason for the growth, then OK, I do not agree.

Damn few fans, compared to the majority, that would sit and watch a 13-10 slugfest anymore.

This is not the game I grew up watching but I accept it is the game of today.
Yea, I don’t need to play Fantasy or gamble to be fully vested in watching football all day Saturday and Sunday along with Thursday and Monday. And I try to catch a High School game on Friday night.

I traveled to road games along with being a season ticket holder for much of 4 decades in the 20th Century.

You’re spot on that Fantasy , Gambling and all of the access has attracted the fringe fans. Which is fine I guess. Except for the fact we have fans now rooting for the players on their teams when they’d otherwise not care.

There’s an element there that doesn’t set right with me either . Especially when it’s players on rival teams. Some fans can’t watch a game unless they have money on it. I guess there’s money involved in Fantasy too. No doubt there’s been an impact. Not one I’d support.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The analogy with Three Mile Island illustrate the age of the poster. As there are some of us who lived and paid attention while it was actually happening. Much like Chernobyl.

There’s always coverup . Those in power tell us what they want us to hear attempting to control the narrative . Fortunately investigative reporting and congressional hearings often exposes the truth. Much like we are witnessing in real time today.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As a former member of the media, it's what you ask.
It's up to you how you respond.
Of course, we want you to talk.
But even I know when someone is saying something, I'm thinking ... "Uh, he shouldn't be saying this."
I'm still going to write it up especially if it's controversial or revealing.
It's the nature of the, er, beast.
Shrug.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think most of us recognize the hype and promotion surrounding sports. It’s up to each to decipher actual news with narrative .

Training Camp is a time for a renewed optimism and hope for each upcoming season. Again we need to filter reality from fiction.

But there is much valid news which comes out pertaining to injuries , contract signings, etc.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
you care, obviously, you read it and respond to it and belong to site following them, hypocrite much??
why read your dribble?????????????????

ill listen to a Pro player and pro coach before a lame fan rhetoric. i mean who are yo>? do toy own a team, are you a coach, do you even sell food in an NFL stadium..

seriously..OMG.. , your words are better, in what alternate reality??

. whats this, a critical write up to players who do NOT read This,. why because it means squat this entire diatribe scolding actual pros who say what yes most NFL players say and somehow we are supposed to take YOU seriously. Ill take dak and zeke over over the hill interweb poster who is Stright jealous.??:facepalm:

guess what,

. don't like it go take up corn hole, its the closest thing you will ever do and accomplish a possible write asking you a question , you are allowed to write about cornhole and be taken seriously, well not...
Hypocrite much? Nope...I don't read a single article where the headline is dribble....I didn't even read the tread on zeke... because its the sand crap every year and means NOTHING. Dak feeling confident in his receivers? Who cares. Now if he throws for 40tds and 4600 yards...ill care about that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Speak for yourself!
Pretty sure I was speaking for myself. Dak throwing to wr while wearing a red shirt so nobody touches him...pretty sure about 24 or so other qbs look good right now also.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't know where you get I view fantasy as a negative, I began playing it in its infancy stage many years ago and played for 25 years but I do understand the impact and number of fans that brought into the game and the rule changes that brought about to expand scoring. The NFL noticed that as well because they went from ignoring it to fully embracing it and even created the Red Zone Channel for the players.

One Sunday at the Fox and Hound in Dallas I watched about 40 women cheering wildly, not at the team, but at the players because they were on their fantasy team, they had become a participant. They were cheering against their hometown Cowboys because they were vested in their own team.

If you think the changes they've made in the game to embrace the fringe and fantasy fans as well as acknowledging gambling is as big as football aren't really the reason for the growth, then OK, I do not agree.

Damn few fans, compared to the majority, that would sit and watch a 13-10 slugfest anymore.

This is not the game I grew up watching but I accept it is the game of today.
Obviously it's not the game we grew up watching, why? Negate we don't need daryl stingleys happening in a pre season game. Its called admitting the nfl if the 70s is asking a little much of a defenseless wr. Those rules changed for player safety, not fantasy football.

As far as your ladies routing against their team. Did you know them personally? Do you know if they were die hard fans or ladies that thought Troy was cute?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hypocrite much? Nope...I don't read a single article where the headline is dribble....I didn't even read the tread on zeke... because its the sand crap every year and means NOTHING. Dak feeling confident in his receivers? Who cares. Now if he throws for 40tds and 4600 yards...ill care about that.

you care you are yammering about it on a Cowboys site LMAO one who gives zero umm you know whats just removes it like a cancer , they dont keep yammering daily about all things you dont like and btw these players have Mics and cameras stuffed in their faces 12hrs a day by all kinds of medias , they supposed to tell them to ef off ? umm that is a suspension and fine because the league mandates you talk to the media the team does and all teams and all players y these things..

get over it or move onto something that doesn't bother you so much,:rolleyes::popcorn:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing the thread on Zeke wanting a SB and a Gold Jacket made me chuckle.... uhm, really? You mean he wants to win a title? Which player in the entire league wouldnt say that?

Every year we see this stuff in the pre-season. Dak is hungry, Dak is in the best shape of his life.... blah, blah, blah. IM just curious why everyone puts so much stock, or maybe its better to say shows so much interest in what players, journalists, or coaches say. Do you think any of them are being honest?

If Dak was looking like garbage, do you actually think Mike would say so? If they were quietly saying behind the scenes, we are screwed at WR right now, we need to do something..... do you think they would come ut and say that?

Im watching a show on Netflix right now on the disaster at 3 mile Island.... we were apparently about 30 minites away from having the largest disaster in the history of our country, all while the goct was saying everything is cool.

I don't get your anger. If that is what he is supposed to say...then why are you so mad?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The media asks the same questions year after year, so we get the same answers you after year. And posters are like why is Dak saying that? Why is McCarthy saying that? Well guess what they're being asked the same freaking questions they got last year at about this time. Fans should pay attention to camp related highlights and comments instead of press conferences. Press conferences this time of year just suck and nothing of great importance is ever said.

Completely disagree!! The hype is from the fans. Why just in the last month, I've found out here that Sam Williams was on track to have 10 sacks his rookie year, T.J. Vasher was the next Randy Moss, Tyler Biadasz is the worst center in the NFL, Tyler Smith was the second coming of Big E, and all this week -- one great or bad play -- means (insert player name) is the (Best/Worst) player this year.

Meanwhile I listen to Big Mac's press conferences, and it's basically "too early to tell" or "showing good progress" and that's about it.

I don't hold it against Dak, he's the QB, and he gets the facetime. Like it or not, you sign up as the mouthpiece of the team. That's why they pay them the big bucks. A lot of pressure on that position.

...And if anyone is still listening to Mr. Salesman Jerry. I think all longtime fans put that to rest a long time ago. Believe it when we see it.

Hardline

Reaction score
I won't pass up an opportunity to laugh and ridicule this team for every statement they say.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Completely disagree!! The hype is from the fans. Why just in the last month, I've found out here that Sam Williams was on track to have 10 sacks his rookie year, T.J. Vasher was the next Randy Moss, Tyler Biadasz is the worst center in the NFL, Tyler Smith was the second coming of Big E, and all this week -- one great or bad play -- means (insert player name) is the (Best/Worst) player this year.

Meanwhile I listen to Big Mac's press conferences, and it's basically "too early to tell" or "showing good progress" and that's about it.

I don't hold it against Dak, he's the QB, and he gets the facetime. Like it or not, you sign up as the mouthpiece of the team. That's why they pay them the big bucks. A lot of pressure on that position.

...And if anyone is still listening to Mr. Salesman Jerry. I think all longtime fans put that to rest a long time ago. Believe it when we see it.
By the way, I never said I'm upset at the players. I asked why anyone pays itv any attention. I remember this white dude, Peter McNally.......I think that was his name, sitting at a table telling us how he was gonna kick Mike Tysons arse.........lol....yea, that didn't mean too much. Not does dak talking up his receivers or zeke talking about how he's in great shape matters. By the way, I love zeke, but im not getting excited about his belly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mad...lol. yrust me, I didn't go beat up a little old lady to deal with my frustrations.. lol. Anger? Smh
Okay fine. But you should know by now...during the off season...this is what we get. If you wanna pay it no never mind then okay. Do that.

Creating a thread complaining about players talking during the off season....is...odd.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens. I won’t pay much attention to preseason games. It will be vanilla but it’s football and we will see these young players.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously it's not the game we grew up watching, why? Negate we don't need daryl stingleys happening in a pre season game. Its called admitting the nfl if the 70s is asking a little much of a defenseless wr. Those rules changed for player safety, not fantasy football.

As far as your ladies routing against their team. Did you know them personally? Do you know if they were die hard fans or ladies that thought Troy was cute?
They were fans of their fantasy players first because I spoke with them because I has a player going against the Cowboys but I was far less exuberant when he scored. They went nuts because watching your fantasy players score is a kick in the pants.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

So much fluff this time of year.
Just hope it translates to the performance on the field.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Okay fine. But you should know by now...during the off season...this is what we get. If you wanna pay it no never mind then okay. Do that.

Creating a thread complaining about players talking during the off season....is...odd.
Again, I want complaining about players...I was baffled at why some talk about dak or zeke saying how hungry they are, or how hard they worked in the off season. They all say that stuff. Like the boy that cried wolf.