CFZ Why no one can accurately predict what’s ahead

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
was a funeral planned after a WIN? seems like it..

we played poorly the middle part of the game but started great ended great =WIN

10 win season now first time in b2b seasons since 95-96, that's a positive, we have double digit wins and will be a playoff team first time since who knows how long.

clean up each game is one off, none really carry over to the other and this game has zero bearing on the jags game or the playoff team we will face..

Yes 2 dropped Tds, 4 dropped passes one gets defected into a INT by Brown ,2 cost us first downs, some poor decisions by our QB but really the entire team didn't show up in any phase..yet we won.,

you trying to tell me that other team all year had games lie this? they did how about yesterday

Mahomes 3 INT nearly lost to Denver also a BAD TEAM
MN losing to the Lions
TENN loses to Jax BIG
Bucs getting worked by a rookie qb
MIA hasnt looked good for few weeks
Bills struggled with the Jets again

earlier in the year the eagles are the measuring stick, correct?

they struggled to beat the colts the same was we did with the Texans , they also were in a fight with the Texans the first half, also struggles with the jags..Lost to Washington!

Bills had 3 game stretch of bad football

KC hasnt been perfect,

Cinci had bad stretch this year

its the NFL these things happen, we need to finish the last 4 games trying to be healthy

lets be content with a win and move on to next week, no concern here because games do not carry over IMHO

Biggest positive note from this game is the struggle shows the team itself it can't be smelling itself after a WIN...this has to be a little smelling salt going into the last 4 games that they can get beat by anyone.

The "not showing up" is whats concerning. Okay....were' all elated...10-3, 4th qtr comeback win. Great.

Against 1-10 team.

Doesnt bother anyone? And in fact get sliced and diced ridiculed as a hater for a smidgen of concern?

Not gonna fly against ninerz. Ask brady.

Wecant "cross the bridge when we get there". We better start NOW.

TheHerd

Reaction score
If this is an attempt to still think we can win the division, stop.

Yesterday was supposed to be one of those "anything can happen" days for Philly and they just absolutely steamrolled the Giants. With the Bears, Giants and Saints left outside of our game, it's likely over. None of those three can beat Philly.

Well maybe the Bears if Fields has the game of his life or there is a snow storm in Chicago.
The Commanders beat the Eagles. The Broncos beat the 49ers. Bob's post proves anything can and does happen in the NFL. And yes there are always "but" comments for those weird losses, but these things happen. We could easily lose one of our non-Eagle games as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The "not showing up" is whats concerning. Okay....were' all elated...10-3, 4th qtr comeback win. Great.

Against 1-10 team.

Doesnt bother anyone? And in fact get sliced and diced ridiculed as a hater for a smidgen of concern?

OK so?? we can discus this if and when we meet the 9ers and IF IF IF we dont pay well. Last i checked we played the Texans not the 9ers its 1 of 17 Not playoff game.

Praxit

Reaction score
.yesterday was great example. The world says you should win by 20. Find yourself scrambling for 3 points just to win.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this is an attempt to still think we can win the division, stop.

Yesterday was supposed to be one of those "anything can happen" days for Philly and they just absolutely steamrolled the Giants. With the Bears, Giants and Saints left outside of our game, it's likely over. None of those three can beat Philly.

Well maybe the Bears if Fields has the game of his life or there is a snow storm in Chicago.
I seriously doubt we can win the division. I’m focusing on whether or not this team can go into the playoffs hot or not.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m amazed at how many fans look at schedules and common scores and think that is any kind of predictor of future scores against any future NFL opponent.

For example, the eagles beat the colts by 1; we beat the colts by 35 so obviously the Cowboys will kill the eagles, lol. Right? We beat the Vikings by 37 and they beat the Bills by 3, so obviously we will destroy the Bills in any matchup. It’s fools gold because the NFL is the most unpredictable league in sports. Scores rarely indicate what the future holds.

Look below at these previous NFL games. No one can tell me they saw these results coming:
  • Dolphins 21 Bills 19
  • Colts 20 Chiefs 17
  • Jags 38 Chargers 10
  • Broncos 11 49ers 10
  • Giants 24 Ravens 20
  • Steelers 20 Buccaneers 18
  • Falcons 28 49ers 14
  • Panthers 21 Bucs 3
  • Commanders 32 eagles 21
  • Pack 31 Cowboys 28
  • Lions 31 giants 18
  • eagles 17 Colts 16 (we must be way better than the eagles)
  • Cowboys 40 Vikings 3
  • Jaguars 28 Ravens 27
  • Bengals 27 Chiefs 24 (@KC)
  • Lions 34 Vikes 23
  • Chiefs 34 Broncos 28 (chiefs struggled to win)
  • Cowboys 27 Texans 23
  • Jaguars 36 Titans 22
Moral of the story: 4 games left. NONE OF US knows what’s going to happen! It’s the NFL! The Cowboys just need to continue to play hard and improve.
Vegas is correct more often than not...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m amazed at how many fans look at schedules and common scores and think that is any kind of predictor of future scores against any future NFL opponent.

For example, the eagles beat the colts by 1; we beat the colts by 35 so obviously the Cowboys will kill the eagles, lol. Right? We beat the Vikings by 37 and they beat the Bills by 3, so obviously we will destroy the Bills in any matchup. It’s fools gold because the NFL is the most unpredictable league in sports. Scores rarely indicate what the future holds.

Look below at these previous NFL games. No one can tell me they saw these results coming:
  • Dolphins 21 Bills 19
  • Colts 20 Chiefs 17
  • Jags 38 Chargers 10
  • Broncos 11 49ers 10
  • Giants 24 Ravens 20
  • Falcons 28 49ers 14
  • Panthers 21 Bucs 3
  • Pack 31 Cowboys 28
  • Lions 31 giants 18
  • Cowboys 40 Vikings 3
  • Jaguars 28 Ravens 27
  • Lions 34 Vikes 23
  • Cowboys 27 Texans 23
  • Jaguars 36 Titans 22
Moral of the story: 4 games left. NONE OF US knows what’s going to happen! It’s the NFL! The Cowboys just need to continue to play hard and improve.
Yep take care of our business and hope the Egirls stumble...

foofighters

Reaction score

• Dolphins 21 Bills 19
  • Colts 20 Chiefs 17
  • Jags 38 Chargers 10
  • Broncos 11 49ers 10
  • Giants 24 Ravens 20
  • Falcons 28 49ers 14
  • Panthers 21 Bucs 3
  • Pack 31 Cowboys 28
  • Lions 31 giants 18
  • Cowboys 40 Vikings 3
  • Jaguars 28 Ravens 27
  • Lions 34 Vikes 23
  • Cowboys 27 Texans 23
  • Jaguars 36 Titans 22
We just need to beat the team in front of us. Everything else will take care of itself.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Against 1-10 team.

It's tough to win in the NFL

Refusal to accept implies you aren't living in reality.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's tough to win in the NFL

Refusal to accept implies you aren't living in reality.
Oh i get it. I get it. Any given sunday.

But not enforcing your will against a 1-10 team....for the whole game...isnt living in reality either....and will get you bounced right quick in the playoffs.

We got lucky....put one strong drive at just the right time. Fine ya need a little luck but lets not use it all up now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK so?? we can discus this if and when we meet the 9ers and IF IF IF we dont pay well. Last i checked we played the Texans not the 9ers its 1 of 17 Not playoff game.
Well....excuse me for PLANNING on playoffs and facing teams that arent 1-10.

Jeeze:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Eagles struggled against teams they should not have struggled with too but that is just overlooked, somehow. Just saying. ;)

Outliers happen. The Cowboys will be fine. :thumbup:

Shannon1

Reaction score
The Eagles struggled against teams they should not have struggled with too but that is just overlooked, somehow. Just saying. ;)

Outliers happen. The Cowboys will be fine. :thumbup:
I didn’t think Philly has had a season ending injury to any player

blueblood70

Reaction score

But not enforcing your will against a 1-10 team....for the whole game...isnt living in reality either....and will get you bounced right quick in the playoffs.

We got lucky....put one strong drive at just the right time. Fine ya need a little luck but lets not use it all up now.

first off, NO way , the Texans were lucky to be in the game, we were supposed to win and did so.

also a Big Nope you keep forgetting the best team in the NFL struggled against the Colts, Texans and Jags for part of most of the those games.. go re-look at their games aga the same teams, what the eagles are also going to be one and done by that measuring stick. The RS is NOT the playoffs, heck stats stop at game 17 and Playoffs have their very own records and stats, its a NEW season.

getting there first and hopefully healthy is key #1 , we are about there.

overreacting to a RS game and somehow equating it on how the Playoff game might go, well that must be applied to all those payoff teams this year who also struggles against lessor opponents.

Bob listed many from this year, I listed many from yesterday.

Mahomes 3 INT nearly lost to Denver also a BAD TEAM
MN losing to the Lions
TENN loses to Jax BIG
Bucs getting worked by a rookie qb
Seatle was being talked up a few weeks ago now struggling a bit. they lost to freaking Carolina.
MIA hasnt looked good for few weeks
Bills struggled with the Jets again and not great the last month.

earlier in the year the eagles are the measuring stick, correct?

they struggled to beat the colts the same was we did with the Texans , they also were in a fight with the Texans the first half, also struggles with the jags..Lost to Washington!

Bills had 3 game stretch of bad football

KC hasnt been perfect,

Cinci had bad stretch this year

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn’t think Philly has had a season ending injury to any player
Not yet but the true point is we have had to overcome much more adversity to get to 10 wins and fans are now not happy with a win. supposed to win bigger, i didn't know wins had asterisks next to them as good better best and counts more in the standings...hmm:facepalm::rolleyes:o_O

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You don’t know the NFL very well. Give Houston some credit. They played their ***** off. The difference in talent is not that much in the NFL. Wake up .