Why no RB to replace Felix?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cowboys are really thin at RB. Barber and Choice. I guess you could use Cricket as an emergency RB. One injury to either Choice or Barber would be devestating.

Why don't the Cowboys add a RB from their/another team's practice squad?

Didn't the Giants pick up a RB from the Jets practice squad(Bradshaw or Ward)?

Too close for comfort at RB right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ninja;2440277 said:
Cowboys are really thin at RB. Barber and Choice. I guess you could use Cricket as an emergency RB. One injury to either Choice or Barber would be devestating.

Why don't the Cowboys add a RB from their/another team's practice squad?

Didn't the Giants pick up a RB from the Jets practice squad(Bradshaw or Ward)?

Too close for comfort at RB right now.

If one went down the chances are they would bring Coleman up from the PS right now there is no reason to do it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
From what Wade said, I think we will sign another RB. They probably just haven't done it yet.

My guess is they'd like someone who can also make tackles on special teams, and Coleman probably isn't big enough to do that.

We'll probably read about their working out some guys tomorrow.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
They can't pull the guy off the practice squad during a game.

And I'm sure Coleman could return kicks better than what we have now.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
and while their at it, get us a decent backup QB, and dump those other two clowns....

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2440283 said:
If one went down the chances are they would bring Coleman up from the PS right now there is no reason to do it.
You sure about that? If Barber or Choice, or God forbid both of them, gets hurt on Thursday, what do we do in that game? It's a good idea to bring in another RB (who can also help on special teams), just in case.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HighTechDave;2440291 said:
and while their at it, get us a decent backup QB, and dump those other two clowns....

Yeah, no kidding! I would take a snorted up Carter over those two knuckleheads!

:eek:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ninja;2440290 said:
They can't pull the guy off the practice squad during a game.

And I'm sure Coleman could return kicks better than what we have now.

No you can't but then 2 RB going down in the same game is not likely to happen either and if they did then Anderson would be moved to the spot and Dallas will be throwing the ball like crazy and chances are would have to do that even if we pick up someone off the streets.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2440293 said:
You sure about that? If Barber or Choice, or God forbid both of them, gets hurt on Thursday, what do we do in that game? It's a good idea to bring in another RB (who can also help on special teams), just in case.

How much could any back being brought in right now do? Unless they can bring in a guy who can contribute on special teams then he would not even be on the game day roster.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I don't think Felix has been put on the IR yet. He just had toe surgery Saturday I think. I wonder if they are waiting to see if he could possibly be back for the playoffs. Does anyone know how long he is supposed to recover from this procedure? I have not read that would indicate that this could be the case, just wishful thinking.

I would think if he was definitely out they would have IR'ed him and brought Coleman up.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing in Jackie Battle. I liked what I was hearing about him in last year's camp before he got the high ankle sprain. Big, strong, physical runner that has potential on special teams.

`

DFWJC

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2440293 said:

That would be rough. They may use the FB if they were to lose both RBs in the same game. Yeah, they should have a 3rd back ready just in case.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack;2440568 said:
I wouldn't mind bringing in Jackie Battle. I liked what I was hearing about him in last year's camp before he got the high ankle sprain. Big, strong, physical runner that has potential on special teams.

`

What about Ray Lewis's little bro? Or was that already mentioned?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Rack;2440568 said:

`
I think the chiefs put him on their 53 just last week.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2440603 said:
I think the chiefs put him on their 53 just last week.
Yeah, wasn't that in that Walden article?

Battle's a good idea, though. He's the kind of guy who's big and fast enough to do some damage on special teams.

Anyone combed the special teams rosters?

Also, not to get off track, but I wonder if Rogers' back injury is bad enough to keep him out much longer?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2440289 said:
From what Wade said, I think we will sign another RB. They probably just haven't done it yet.

My guess is they'd like someone who can also make tackles on special teams, and Coleman probably isn't big enough to do that.

We'll probably read about their working out some guys tomorrow.

I would like to see another Felix Jones type, ala the Jets Leon Washington or
Atlanta's Jerrious Norwood. Never saw that type of homerun ability from Coleman.

I would like to see Dallas tryout Danny Woodhead. He's like Amendola (white, hard working & undersized) but w/the electrifying speed and moves.

Now is the time to go high risk/reward.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2440619 said:
Anyone combed the special teams rosters?

Also, not to get off track, but I wonder if Rogers' back injury is bad enough to keep him out much longer?

If you meant Practice Squads, then I still say bring in the Eagles' Andy Studebaker. He would be the perfect guy to replace the injured and inept Rogers. Not only is he an explosive athlete (and big, 6'4 255) but he was projected to be a future ST star, not to mention a better OLB backup w/much higher upside.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BAT;2441939 said:
I would like to see another Felix Jones type, ala the Jets Leon Washington or
Atlanta's Jerrious Norwood. Never saw that type of homerun ability from Coleman.

I would like to see Dallas tryout Danny Woodhead. He's like Amendola (white, hard working & undersized) but w/the electrifying speed and moves.

Now is the time to go high risk/reward.

I wish Leon Washington's and Jerrious Norwood's were just falling out of trees, but it doesn't work that way.

Woodhead isn't especially fast either, and since when is "white" an attribute to consider when evaluating a player? Last I heard, he had been hurt anyway, who knows what's up with him now.

I wanted us to pick him up as an UDFA after the draft though, and he's certainly fast, but if teams around the league can find scrubs to plug in at RB, we should be able to as well.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'd look at a couple of the guys on the Dolphins practice squad. Jalen Parmele or Lex Hilliard.

sbark

Reaction score
That probably the reason, other than injury:rolleyes: , why we have not seen I.Stanback......theve been grooming him to also back up at RB......:D