Why no RB to replace Felix?

Iago33

Reaction score
Musa Smith was a recipient of a horsecollar by RW-Safety, and I don't think he ever recovered. Pretty bad break, I believe.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
We need some foresight. God help us is Barber goes down. All we have is Choice, who the coaching staff seemingly has no confidence in, and then a Fullback. At least if we sign someone now, they will have a clue if we ever do have to play them in a pinch.

Could you imagine a passing down against the Steelers or Giants with Proctor playing Guard and Choice picking up the blitz. Get ready Brad Johnson.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2442894 said:
We need some foresight. God help us is Barber goes down. All we have is Choice, who the coaching staff seemingly has no confidence in, and then a Fullback. At least if we sign someone now, they will have a clue if we ever do have to play them in a pinch.

Could you imagine a passing down against the Steelers or Giants with Proctor playing Guard and Choice picking up the blitz. Get ready Brad Johnson.
It would look like last Sunday with Romo bailing us out. On the 75 yard td to Owens, Kosier got put on his arse and Barber whiffed on his block(one of a few that game) and Romo did what Romo does. he sidestepped and ran up in the pocket a launched a beauty to Owens. IN ROMO WE TRUST!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
TheCount;2442409 said:
Not only is bringing up his skin color when likening him to Amendola silly, they are nothing alike in their play either.

I was just making fun of all the "great white hope" posts about Amendola during camp. If you are so easily offended then just put me on ignore.

And make up your mind, is Woodhead fast or not. You say he isn't in one paragraph and that he is in another. Way to protect yourself.

As for the Woodhead and Amendola comparison, they are both undersized (for their position), students of the game w/a great work ethic. By the by, Woodhead is very fast (sub 4.4's) but more importantly, he is jitterbug quick. He's also got great hands and a second gear in the open field. He was in strong competition to make the Jets squad to play ST if not for the hamstring injury in TC.

He's better now by the way.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Seriously, we hardly used Felix when he WAS healthy. Why replace him if we weren't going to use him like we should have been anyway? *Rant off*

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alot of people are making way bigger a deal out of a 3rd string RB being on the roster than needs be.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2442309 said:
Um, yeah, I did mean practice squads. :eek::

And I think the Chiefs signed Studebaker to their 53 when they cut Walden and some other guys.

Parmele and Hilliard aren't bad ideas... They're at least fairly big and you'd think they could play some ST. Wonder why they didn't make the team in Miami.

That sucks! I really wanted that kid, he will turn out better than Walden IMO. And he will be a better STer than Rogers too. Thanks for the update CL!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
choice runs like emmitt...he ain't going to get hurt.

that young man has talent.

we do need to sign woodcock though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lane;2443391 said:
we do need to sign woodcock though.

why? he isnt any better than the guys on our practice squad, or anyone else they could sign off he street.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dbair1967;2443408 said:
why? he isnt any better than the guys on our practice squad, or anyone else they could sign off he street.

it's little comic relief dude.

i still have that movie mr. woodcock on the brain....funny movie by the way.

his last name is woodhead.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lane;2443431 said:
it's little comic relief dude.

i still have that movie mr. woodcock on the brain....funny movie by the way.

his last name is woodhead.

that was a pretty funny movie

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
What's the 411 on this LSU guy who's been on Steelers PS since last year:

RB Justin Vincent
5'10" 219

COLLEGE: Tallied 2,021 rushing yards on 408 carries (5.0 avg.) with 17 touchdowns…named MVP of the 2003 SEC Championship Game and the 2004 BCS National Championship Game

2006: Shared the running back duties with senior Joseph Addai...stepped up late in the year when Addai was slowed by an ankle injury...responded by rushing for 343 yards and five touchdowns in LSU’s final six regular season games...served on LSU’s coverage units on special teams...had six special teams tackles in

2005...forced a fumble against Tennessee.

2004: ...also a special teams standout...had nine special teams tackles...forced a fumble on kickoff coverage against Arkansas State...had two special teams tackles vs. Florida and Arkansas.

2003: ...is a rare breed in that he's also a standout on LSU's kickoff coverage unit...had nine special teams tackles.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dbair1967;2443433 said:
that was a pretty funny movie

i like when he says this....i know it's not word for word so forgive me in advance.

"i don't now what's going to make me more happy...kicking your *** or banging your mom later."

:lmao:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lane;2443451 said:
i like when he says this....i know it's not word for word so forgive me in advance.

"i don't now what's going to make me more happy...kicking your *** or banging your mom later."

:lmao:

that was hilarious

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2442309 said:
Um, yeah, I did mean practice squads. :eek::

And I think the Chiefs signed Studebaker to their 53 when they cut Walden and some other guys.

Parmele and Hilliard aren't bad ideas... They're at least fairly big and you'd think they could play some ST. Wonder why they didn't make the team in Miami.

Miami is pretty deep with Ricky, Ronnie and Cobbs.

Parcells has a decent eye for running backs. At least he, along with Ireland, saw enough to keep them on the PS. They should be in shape and, if playing for Sparano/Parcells, are probably learning some of the grunt positions on specials.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Don't know if he was mentioned yet, but what about the kid who was with the Skins during the preseason that was the leading rusher (during the preseason)?

Mason or something like that. That kid was impressive. Seemed to run hard, had good vision, good quickness and didn't go down easy.

Edit: Marcus Mason is his name.

Edit #2: And he's on the New York Jets' 53 man roster. Bummer.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2440277 said:
Cowboys are really thin at RB. Barber and Choice. I guess you could use Cricket as an emergency RB. One injury to either Choice or Barber would be devestating.

Why don't the Cowboys add a RB from their/another team's practice squad?

Didn't the Giants pick up a RB from the Jets practice squad(Bradshaw or Ward)?

Too close for comfort at RB right now.

best guess is because outside of Barber we hand the ball to nobody.