Why no RB to replace Felix?

popcorn

Reaction score
Two sign someone off another teams PS you have to activate him for a minuim of 4 games. Look for someone to be signed after the Thankgiving game. Perhaps someone who has ST exsperience or KO return exsperience.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They can't call anyone up yet till they IR Felix and last I heard they had yet to even put Felix on IR.

I would imagine they were waiting to do that until after the Thanksgiving Game since it's two games so quick together they didn't feel it was enough time to get a PS ready for game play.

Coleman will probably be active on gamedays come the Pittsburgh game.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
TheCount;2441945 said:
I wish Leon Washington's and Jerrious Norwood's were just falling out of trees, but it doesn't work that way.

Woodhead isn't especially fast either, and since when is "white" an attribute to consider when evaluating a player? Last I heard, he had been hurt anyway, who knows what's up with him now.

I wanted us to pick him up as an UDFA after the draft though, and he's certainly fast, but if teams around the league can find scrubs to plug in at RB, we should be able to as well.

He never said "white" was an attribute. He likened him to Amendola and he isn't purple. :rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2440293 said:
You sure about that? If Barber or Choice, or God forbid both of them, gets hurt on Thursday, what do we do in that game? It's a good idea to bring in another RB (who can also help on special teams), just in case.

Dont worry..... Garrett has a plan for that.... oh wait, he is doing that now... nevermind..... :laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BAT;2441940 said:
If you meant Practice Squads, then I still say bring in the Eagles' Andy Studebaker. He would be the perfect guy to replace the injured and inept Rogers. Not only is he an explosive athlete (and big, 6'4 255) but he was projected to be a future ST star, not to mention a better OLB backup w/much higher upside.

Um, yeah, I did mean practice squads. :eek::

And I think the Chiefs signed Studebaker to their 53 when they cut Walden and some other guys.

Parmele and Hilliard aren't bad ideas... They're at least fairly big and you'd think they could play some ST. Wonder why they didn't make the team in Miami.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Seven;2442165 said:
He never said "white" was an attribute. He likened him to Amendola and he isn't purple. :rolleyes:
Not only is bringing up his skin color when likening him to Amendola silly, they are nothing alike in their play either.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
5Stars;2440598 said:
What about Ray Lewis's little bro? Or was that already mentioned?

Why we have not heard a thing from him is a mystery to me.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Because there's no need to panic yet. Worse case scenerio, something happens during a game and we sign someone new the next week or bring one up from the practice squad.

In the meantime though, we've got Choice, we've got Anderson- we could insert Witten or Bennett into the FB role if we absolutely needed in an in game situation- then we've also got TO whom I'm betting wouldn't fuss if he had to be put back there to finish out a game. Heck we could even throw Pac Man back there for some wicked screens I'd bet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
popcorn;2442128 said:
Two sign someone off another teams PS you have to activate him for a minuim of 4 games. Look for someone to be signed after the Thankgiving game. Perhaps someone who has ST exsperience or KO return exsperience.

Good point.

We panicked with Butler and are now stuck carrying him because we took him off the Saints practice squad. I think once we get through this next game, we will have a long stretch to evaluate the spot and decide what player we want to fill it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ninja;2440277 said:
Cowboys are really thin at RB. Barber and Choice. I guess you could use Cricket as an emergency RB. One injury to either Choice or Barber would be devestating.

Why don't the Cowboys add a RB from their/another team's practice squad?

Didn't the Giants pick up a RB from the Jets practice squad(Bradshaw or Ward)?

Too close for comfort at RB right now.

A very good question, indeed.

This is indeed troubling because, oy! one hard tackle to MB and Choice is our only . . . option.

Doublely troubling because the Cowboys are preparing their run at the playoffs and nothing can be left to chance.
I will get my people on the phone to Herschel Walker and Tyson Thompson and get back to your people.

Inshallah, all will be alright with Barber and Choice -- for now.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BAT;2441939 said:
I
I would like to see Dallas tryout Danny Woodhead. He's like Amendola (white, hard working & undersized) but w/the electrifying speed and moves.

TheCount;2442409 said:
Not only is bringing up his skin color when likening him to Amendola silly, they are nothing alike in their play either.

Yeah, and? Where's the "attribute"? Where in his statement does he say one has to be white in order to fill our particular need? Where is that?

I dunno squat from shinola about Woodhead. Don't care. Never mentioned him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rack;2440568 said:
I wouldn't mind bringing in Jackie Battle. I liked what I was hearing about him in last year's camp before he got the high ankle sprain. Big, strong, physical runner that has potential on special teams.

`

Battle was put on the 53 and signed to a three year contract. He's a Chief now.

popcorn;2442128 said:

If you sign someone off another's PS you must put that person on the active roster for three games or basically the rest of the regular season.

Better get that one right. So finding a RB who could really contribute on offense and play STs can't be an easy task.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I thought of two guys yesterday, though I could not remember their names.

One of them played for Baltimore, he was from the University of Georgia. He started a few games for the Ravens over the last couple of years and did pretty good. I think he was released at the end of the preseason. ***Edit**** His name was Musa Smith. He backed up McGahee in Baltimore last year, and was released by the Jets after the preseason. Good receiver out of the backfield as well.

The other one played for the Packers and came out of no where to have a few hundred yard games. He was traded to the Texans last year, then disappeared. ***Edit*** Samkon Gado was his name. He was released by the Rams (not good) on November 19th.

Anyone remember these two players?

By the way, if we had some foresight, we could have signed Tatum Bell two weeks ago.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2442522 said:

The other one played for the Packers and came out of no where to have a few hundred yard games. He was traded to the Texans last year, then disappeared.

Samkon Gado was the Packers guy that you are thinking of.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2442522 said:

One of them played for Baltimore, he was from the University of Georgia. He started a few games for the Ravens over the last couple of years and did pretty good. I think he was released at the end of the preseason. ***Edit**** His name was Musa Smith. He backed up McGahee in Baltimore last year, and was released by the Jets after the preseason. Good receiver out of the backfield as well.

The other one played for the Packers and came out of no where to have a few hundred yard games. He was traded to the Texans last year, then disappeared. ***Edit*** Samkon Gado was his name. He was released by the Rams (not good) on November 19th.

Anyone remember these two players?

By the way, if we had some foresight, we could have signed Tatum Bell two weeks ago.

I saw Musa Smith play in college. He was a pretty good RB there. Must not have cut it in the NFL although maybe he just never got a chance.

Picking some one up off the street is generally not a good thing.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
jobberone;2442549 said:
I saw Musa Smith play in college. He was a pretty good RB there. Must not have cut it in the NFL although maybe he just never got a chance.

Picking some one up off the street is generally not a good thing.

This guy was one of those pre-season wonders. He plays great in the pre-season and maybe a game or two and goes down with an injury.

I remember last year they were saying he was better than McGahee but can't stay out of the trainers room.

I wouldn't mind having him for the final few games. I don't know if he can play special teams though.

yimyammer

Reaction score
TheCount;2441945 said:
I wish Leon Washington's and Jerrious Norwood's were just falling out of trees, but it doesn't work that way.

Woodhead isn't especially fast either, and since when is "white" an attribute to consider when evaluating a player? Last I heard, he had been hurt anyway, who knows what's up with him now.

I wanted us to pick him up as an UDFA after the draft though, and he's certainly fast, but if teams around the league can find scrubs to plug in at RB, we should be able to as well.

LOL, no kidding, I usually consider this a negative (and I'm white, well, actually, I'm a pinkish hue)