Why not bring WR T.Y. Hilton back?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, T.Y. Hilton will be turning 34 years old next week, but he can still play better than our backup WRs. Tolbert has not shown improvement or that he can be useful. Jalen Brooks has been inactive most of the season. Turpin is hardly used. Even Michael Gallup has been a no-show for much of this season. Wouldn't bringing T.Y. Hilton help this receiving corps perform better? What say you?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Does TY Hilton even want to play anymore? I haven't heard anything suggesting he has an interest.
Not sure. Good question, but he showed late last season that he can still perform. T.Y. has never won a Super Bowl, and he already knows the Cowboys playbook. It's just a matter if he's still in shape and still interested.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes, T.Y. Hilton will be turning 34 years old next week, but he can still play better than our backup WRs. Tolbert has not shown improvement or that he can be useful. Jalen Brooks has been inactive most of the season. Turpin is hardly used. Even Michael Gallup has been a no-show for much of this season. Wouldn't bringing T.Y. Hilton help this receiving corps perform better? What say you?

Can he play better than our backups?

He had a handful of good plays last year, but would he come close to making a difference now?

I’m all for improving the team but halfway through the season, I have to assume there’s a reason why guys like him are on the couch.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not sure. Good question, but he showed late last season that he can still perform. T.Y. has never won a Super Bowl, and he already knows the Cowboys playbook. It's just a matter if he's still in shape and still interested.
TY Hilton was barely 6 years old when the Cowboys last won a SB. He may remember that, but his experience has been that they don't do that.

The notion that players see the Cowboys are a "win the Super Bowl" destination is more popular with older fans than current players.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I get the feeling they don’t believe they need to add anyone at the WR position. I agree with you @America's Cowboy give him a ring see if he still wants to play and bring him in for a workout. What’s it gonna hurt?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He low key got after Dak for not seeing him running wide open up the seam for the game winning TD against SF. Probably got canceled for that transgression.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Does TY Hilton even want to play anymore? I haven't heard anything suggesting he has an interest.
His kids season is not over so it's a hard no, right now. Have Jerry call in 4 weeks.

offlimits

Reaction score
TY Hilton was barely 6 years old when the Cowboys last won a SB. He may remember that, but his experience has been that they don't do that.

The notion that players see the Cowboys are a "win the Super Bowl" destination is more popular with older fans than current players.
True. It's not the 70's or the 90's anymore.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Tolbert has not shown improvement or that he can be useful
I totally disagree. I think Tolbert made a big jump this year and has showed in his limited opportunities that he is an NFL receiver. He can’t really help it if he is the #4 WR right now and has the opportunities to match. When Cooks was out I thought he played well.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
We already have a corner in Gilmore playing that lost a step, why not bring a wide receiver who's lost a step...sounds like a brilliant move to me....NOT!!!

JohnBoy

Reaction score
I saw Cooks as TY's replacement. Agree that we seem to have the talent at WR, it doesn't seem like that's what's missing. Although there have been too many dropped balls, so I guess that argument can be made.