Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I dont know corso, baker won the last game they played.

And as far as Stats go, we all know Dak is the nfl champ when it comes to stats lol.

But really as I keep saying, it is hard to compare QB's or say 1 is better than another.
They all work with diff coaches and players.

If dak used his legs more and slid instead of being tackled, he would not have got hurt, and that added to his overall potential.
Now Dak is mainly a passing qb, and he just isnt that good of a passer. I dont know about baker, as I havent seen him play but like 2-3 games.
Baker won the last game? or the worst defense ever gave it to them...lets not forget we gave up 200 yards rushing....in the FIRST HALF.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This FO has shown an unwillingness to even attempt to get any potential starting QB to compete with Dak. They seem to believe he will always be looking over his shoulder or maybe intimidated by competition. They don't want a QB controversy and so we are where we are. Dak must have a very fragile mentality.
I thought Dalton was the QB.....hmmm, some swore Dalton will take us where no QB has taken us ever before. there were 100s of posts on this...

dang. another myth busted

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As far as Dalton goes Dak breaks his ankle and Dalton helped us to a 3rd place finish in a 4 team division . And if the Egirls weren’t busy playing the Nate Sudfelds of the world who knows maybe they would have escaped the basement apartment .

Dalton Rush none of these QB’s are considered competition to # 4. . I am surprised this organization at some point needs to burn at least a 4th or 5th rounder to bring to camp and knock off the back up QB . Churn the roster .
they are not considered competition to Dak, because they are not any good. because they aren't competition.....

Swagger

Reaction score
Never rated Mayfield. It's saying something that I would prefer Prescott!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What do you mean?
In addition to receiving a no-trade clause in his contract, Prescott also received a no-tag clause.
This means that when his contract expires with the Cowboys, they will be unable to place a franchise tag on him, meaning they need to give him a new deal, or he will hit the open free-agent market.

Swagger

Reaction score
In addition to receiving a no-trade clause in his contract, Prescott also received a no-tag clause.
This means that when his contract expires with the Cowboys, they will be unable to place a franchise tag on him, meaning they need to give him a new deal, or he will hit the open free-agent market.
1 play off win in 6 seasons doesn't get you much these days!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1 play off win in 6 seasons doesn't get you much these days!
Your right, it does not my friend.
The language in Daks contract should be what is most upsetting, but most are still focused and upset over the money.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played defense? wow, when did that happen..oh, you mean Suckyfield played defense...wait..hmmm, no that didn't happen neither...oh, you mean when Dallas literally had the worse defense....in HISTORY of NFL. that defense. that gave up 35 points in a half...the defense that gave up 200 yards rushing IN THE FIRST HALF....that defense. oookkk thenn

Dakko our LEADER only scored 14 pts in the first 3 Quarters of the game??
Not surprising as this happens quite frequently with Dakko at the helm!!!

Final
1 2 3 4 T
CLE 7 24 10 8 49
DAL 14 0 0 24 38

P.S. The Garbage truck just arrived......late as usual in the 4th Quarter!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Waiving the No franchise tag is an odd move for Dak, because of how much it would have paid him.

If you recall, Dallas came to a longterm deal with Dak like 3 days before the franchise tag deadline for his second tag to happen. Unfortunately for Dallas, they couldn’t get the contract written up in time, so they did have to tag him a second year in a row (and the he immediately signed his deal, the fastest franchise tag turnaround in NFL history).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/09/cowboys-franchise-tag-dak-prescott/amp/

What this means is the next time Dak is tagged will be his third, which will be at 144% of his previous cap hit. So if he hadn’t gone for a no-tag clause, his 52m$ cap hit in 2024 would mean Dallas would have had to pay him 75m$ in 2025, which would have made Dallas much more desperate to cave to another monster extension IMO

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I dont know corso, baker won the last game they played.

And as far as Stats go, we all know Dak is the nfl champ when it comes to stats lol.

But really as I keep saying, it is hard to compare QB's or say 1 is better than another.
They all work with diff coaches and players.

If dak used his legs more and slid instead of being tackled, he would not have got hurt, and that added to his overall potential.
Now Dak is mainly a passing qb, and he just isnt that good of a passer. I dont know about baker, as I havent seen him play but like 2-3 games.
Lol, what?
Baker won his last game? So what? Was he playing tennis?
Was it one-on-one, or doubles?
You've only seen him play maybe 2-3 games?
Dude.
Step away from the table.
You've been banned from dessert.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lol, what?
Dude.
baker played better than dak in that game

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lol, what?
Dude.
If you dont eat your meat, you cant have any pudding.

Silly

Reaction score
I'd take him to compete with Rush. But not at his salary.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Baker won the last game? or the worst defense ever gave it to them...lets not forget we gave up 200 yards rushing....in the FIRST HALF.....
and what did dak do in 1st half?? how many 3 and outs? how many drives for a score?
'all i am saying is in that game baker did a better job than dak.

also people keep saying dak is a good leader, but really he is just good socially , he isnt really a great football leader during games.
he is well liked by other players because of his social skills.

i will give you guys an example
how many times has dak counted the players on defense and got the ball snapped so other team gets a penalty ?.....0
Rodgers does that frequently.

That last play in wc game shows that dak is not a smart leader

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It no longer matters if Dak is the answer or not, he is the QB. You simply can not afford to pay 2 guys this amount of money, well this team can't afford it anyway.