Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

Hadenough

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.
These two QBs really arent any different. This would be a lateral move and the only benefit would be salary cap relief. The idea that nobody wants Baker tells me thats what would of happen had Jerry let Dak hit the open market. Maybe some fool like Snyder would of paid Dak but the results would of been the same.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It no longer matters if Dak is the answer or not, he is the QB. You simply can not afford to pay 2 guys this amount of money, well this team can't afford it anyway.
Its why I have stepped back on my negative anti Dak assault, what is done is done and there is no going back.
If you want to really embrace this team, and enjoy this team, you must accept Dak being the leader until he terms out, that is reality.
I would rather lay my hand down and enjoy the next couple of years as much as I can.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here are the two QBs competing for Seahawk's starting QB position........tells you all to need to know about Mayfield. Hell, you can argue his fall is worst than Wentz's.

phildadon86

Reaction score
so let me get this straight. he has some of the higher stats, etc..... he has a winning record and if not for 2020, has never had a losing season. and its all because its garbage time stats....losing but collecting stats in losing games...

so how does that go again? you win a lot of games, 13, 12, etc...but you have garbage time stats because you lost a lot of games.....

question and I am really serious. what color is the sky in your world? and how is that Basil you smoked?
They came back and tied that Cleveland game lol. If Jaylon Smith falls on the blocked FG the Cowboys win. But yeah. "Garbage time" lol

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't think the Baker Mayfield story has been finished yet. He has a legit chance to turn things around.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet my job as a GM on him unless it was the only option.

On the other hand... it would be very very interesting to see him QB this Cowboys team.

Big D

Reaction score
Bakers a bum and if you think he's better than DAk you're an idiot. The browns were touted as having the most talent on offense going into the season last year. How'd that work out for Baker? Do you honestly believe that Dak would suffer the same fate with that same amount of talent around him?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bakers a bum and if you think he's better than DAk you're an idiot. The browns were touted as having the most talent on offense going into the season last year. How'd that work out for Baker? Do you honestly believe that Dak would suffer the same fate with that same amount of talent around him?
Problem with players like Baker is agents setting the pricing, Baker has to man up, he is not QB1 material at QB1 pricing, even for desperate teams, other than the Browns, teams are shying away from falling victim to paying QB1 cap for QB2, its tricky buisness and maybe the Browns totally sold the farm now, lol but if he wants to remain in this league and represent himself, and when he understands his worth is at QB2 and not QB1 pricing out of desperation, than he will have matured a bit IMO if that ever happens.

dckid

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.
This is what's wrong with our organization. The QB that fixes are problem is still in college and undrafted.

terra

Reaction score
I am never surprised at how many stupid fans claim they are Boys fans.

Every BUM that is released or cut some IDIOT here wants them to be a cowboy.

Baker Mayfield is maybe one step up from a bum but that is all.

I am not very happy with Dak but compared to Mayfield I take Dak all day.

Otis313

Reaction score
Didn’t Baker run into the back of his own offensive lineman and tackle himself, fumble?
Peoples hatred for Dak is comical.
I’ve never believed Dak was an elite qb but he certainly isn’t garbage like you see people crying constantly about on this forum.
To say Baker Mayfield is an option is a joke.
He needs to face reality and go play in the USFL.(maybe)
GO COWBOYS!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
One can not substantiate a comparison based on one game sample size.
Cherry picking.
No! I'm already convinced!
Dangit, now I'm conflicted.
ok guys, I never said baker was a better qb, or that dallas should get him, as I know they wont so why discuss it.
I only commented as some were saying dak is better and a better leader.

I wasnt doing a comparison based on one game sample size.
I was just saying that when they met head to head baker did better than dak and won the game, which is the bottom line.

if you look at the scores
CLE 7 24 10 8 49
DAL 14 0 0 24 38

dak and dallas started off good, then I guess cleveland made adjustments, and dak could not score any points for the next 2 qrts !
That is pretty bad by any standards, if dak is top 10 qb, better than baker and a better leader, how could he go scoreless for 2 qrt's?

Some blamed our defense, but if your offense is going 3 and out, not scoring at all, there is a problem with the offense as well.

and this game is when people noticed that dak couldnt score until cleveland was so far ahead they thought they had the game won,
and they let off the gas and let dallas move the ball, but then dallas scored a little too quickly, and it became a game again at very end, until
dak threw a int in ez I think.
I think this is the game where people starting talking about dak doing a lot in garbage time.