Why not just start Trey Lance?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can show it as many times as you want. It only shows how inept you are at understanding WHY that pick-6 happened.
Why call me inept?
Have I personally insulted you?
Why can't you act civil it's not that hard.
Now about that pick 6 guess some pigeons had flown in and were blocking Dak's view.
Apologies.............. :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why call me inept?
Have I personally insulted you?
Why can't you act civil it's not that hard.
Now about that pick 6 guess some pigeons had flown in and were blocking Dak's view.
Apologies.............. :muttley:
'Inept' is not calling you out. It mirrors what YOU show in here based on your actions.

Now if you want to have a civil discussion, act civil.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lance will be used in preseason. Dak will be maybe signed before or during second round of FA. Extension to free up money to sign a few cheap FA and sign either Parsons or Lamb.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance will be used in preseason. Dak will be maybe signed before or during second round of FA. Extension to free up money to sign a few cheap FA and sign either Parsons or Lamb.
Doubtful on the Dak prediction.

Lance gets a lot of work this Summer.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
You don't know what will happen in the future, so stop pretending to. Dak is a great QB. The problem is you... you have given up on him.
And either do you so stop pretending. We make educated guesses. Sorry but if you are an eight time repeat offender criminal you should probably stay in jail, I don't need to know the future to apply common sense.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak is gone, the writing is on the wall and before you say he gives us the best chance to win this year, I agree, he is going to win more meaningless regular season games and if this team is fortunate to make the playoffs he isn't going to take us to a superbowl, that's not going to happen with this current team regardless and I think most everyone agrees with that take.

So starting Dak net's you nothing and actually hurts the 25 draft stock. Give Lance a true year of evaluation, the worst that can happen is the team goes 0-17 has the top pick or top five pick and free of Dak's cap hit. Or start Dak, win a few games, know nothing about Lance's ability and end up with a middle to late round first.
Lance got his evaluation in SF and we all know how that went. He couldn't win a starting job on any team in the NFL, this young man came out too darn early and had one too many people in his ear telling him how great he was and how much money he could make if he took their advice. The 9ers turned Trey Lance into a freak show the minute they dumped all those draft picks on this young man and only reason anyone is going to have him in their camp is because of the 9ers and the insane amount of draft capital they spent on him. In today's NFL there are too many of those "I CAN FIX THIS GUY" teams out there that are just fooling themselves when it's very apparent that they can't and the Cowboys are one of those teams when it comes to Trey Lance. Remember it's being reported that he only threw maybe 500 passes between his senior year in high school and college. Think about that, 500 passes and people think he can be a bonafide starting QB in the NFL???????

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Jerry learned one thing in 2016 it was how to put a rookie QB in a position to survive in the NFL. Then attempt to develop him from there. Unfortunately the more they moved Dak into a true NFL offense, the more it became obvious he couldn't handle it. Then the limited mobility post Injury sealed his fate.
Lance seems to have a more robust natural skill set, now we'll see what's between the ears.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Heck ya, he is......................
VIVA we are blessed to have his greatness on our team!!!

Every QB throws interceptions. Not one NFL QB has ever thrown zero interceptions. So you aren't pointing out anything that's a knock on Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And either do you so stop pretending. We make educated guesses. Sorry but if you are an eight time repeat offender criminal you should probably stay in jail, I don't need to know the future to apply common sense.
There is common sense but giving up on Dak isn't it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lance got his evaluation in SF and we all know how that went. He couldn't win a starting job on any team in the NFL, this young man came out too darn early and had one too many people in his ear telling him how great he was and how much money he could make if he took their advice. The 9ers turned Trey Lance into a freak show the minute they dumped all those draft picks on this young man and only reason anyone is going to have him in their camp is because of the 9ers and the insane amount of draft capital they spent on him. In today's NFL there are too many of those "I CAN FIX THIS GUY" teams out there that are just fooling themselves when it's very apparent that they can't and the Cowboys are one of those teams when it comes to Trey Lance. Remember it's being reported that he only threw maybe 500 passes between his senior year in high school and college. Think about that, 500 passes and people think he can be a bonafide starting QB in the NFL???????
Lance won the 2022 QB job over JimmyG.

During training camp.

Really don’t think taking the job from Dak will be that tough.

KDM256

Reaction score

During training camp.

And was demoted all the way to 3rd string behind Sam Darnold in 2023. As to which he's currently 3rd string behind Cooper Rush going into 2024. If Lance was lightning in a bottle a must start under center, sports media would have known by now because this organization can't keep anything under wraps

lostar2009

Reaction score
Is it people dont want to see Dak get paid? Lets say Trey looks as good as Dak. When his contract ends he will demand top QB money. A lot of you guys dont understand QB pay have levels. As of right now Dak is in that air. Only qbs who cant demand that kind of money are prior wash outs that go to other teams and start to win... Ex Geno, Baker, and Flacco. Also there is a huge question mark with Lance. I think before we move on from Dak we really need a quality RB and OL, a solid D and not a patch job.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yep, I remember reading that when we first got him, between High School, College and the NFL he has thrown barely 500 passes. 500 passes in 8 years and ppl still talking like this guy is gonna ball out, hasn't played a full season at any level since 2019.......... crazy o_O

Proof

Reaction score
Dak is gone, the writing is on the wall and before you say he gives us the best chance to win this year, I agree, he is going to win more meaningless regular season games and if this team is fortunate to make the playoffs he isn't going to take us to a superbowl, that's not going to happen with this current team regardless and I think most everyone agrees with that take.

So starting Dak net's you nothing and actually hurts the 25 draft stock. Give Lance a true year of evaluation, the worst that can happen is the team goes 0-17 has the top pick or top five pick and free of Dak's cap hit. Or start Dak, win a few games, know nothing about Lance's ability and end up with a middle to late round first.
worst that could happen is lance is obviously worse than dak, but we win enough games to still be in draft purgatory.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

During training camp.

Jimmy Drugie????? I wouldn't put a lot of anything into those two going head to head for the 9er starting job.

Qcard

Reaction score
Why are you still here?
The reason you exist here is Dak and his demise is a reality just a matter of time.
Yes, we are all aware that the defense needs to carry inepto Prestrash, or else it's another loss.
Seems they weren't able to do it for 18 weeks.
Apologies................and GL when you follow Dak to his new team if he manages to get one?
P.S. How about those 14 points Dakster gifted GB in the 1st Half?
I was here when your ilk hyped Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson and now….Trey Lance!! :lmao2:

All your narratives are an EQ inhibitor.

Dallas Cowboys QB1 ultimately comes down to competition in OTAs, Training Camp and PreSeason. None of chosen pipe dreams can handle the rigors….Injury is 100% guaranteed.

p.s. How about those narratives 2019 narratives:lmao::lmao:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And was demoted all the way to 3rd string behind Sam Darnold in 2023. As to which he's currently 3rd string behind Cooper Rush going into 2024. If Lance was lightning in a bottle a must start under center, sports media would have known by now because this organization can't keep anything under wraps
Breaking his leg and having multiple surgeries got him traded, especially when they had Purdy.

Even JimmyG left for $$$$.

Bad luck in SF.

Our good luck.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Since they added two more void years they can spread that out can't they? More like 10 million a year for four years.
As long as he is under contract, yes. But once his contract does expire and those years actually DO void; the cap hit for all remaining monies is due immediately. So if he plays out this year and his contract expires, he counts $40,460,000 against our cap next year, but nothing afterwards. And since it is an expiring contract and NOT a cut, they can't call it a "June 1st cut" and spread it out over two years.

plymkr

Reaction score
That’s why it’s good he sat a year. Last season I was frustrated that we didn’t promote him to 2nd string. Now I’m glad he got the work in without the pressure of his draft status. He’s got the physical tools so hopefully sitting a year to work on his mechanics, mental aspect and this offense, will hopefully pay dividends. I think he had too much pressure in SF. Now there’s no pressure on him.