Why not Larry Allen?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I'll take Larry Allen over Cory Proctor any day of the week. We need to be able to run the ball consistently in December and we won't be able to do that with Proctor.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Little late in the year to be trying to bring a guy in who hasn't played a down of football in about a year. He'd be no where near in shape to play the game and he'd already lost a couple of steps since then. His run blocking would probably be Ok but he was part of the SF offensive line that was terrible at pass blocking last year and got their QBs killed. He's terrible in pass blocking now.

Thanks, but no thanks.

TheSport78

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2441685 said:
I understand the panic.

But please, lets be reasonable.

Didn't Larry Allen make the Pro Bowl in 2006 or 2007? He's still got some juice left I bet, especially when you put him next to 3 Pro Bowlers

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSport78;2441676 said:
I'll take Larry Allen over Cory Proctor any day of the week. We need to be able to run the ball consistently in December and we won't be able to do that with Proctor.
Holy cow, I just posted a comment like this in another thread.

TheSport78

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2441689 said:
Little late in the year to be trying to bring a guy in who hasn't played a down of football in about a year. He'd be no where near in shape to play the game and he'd already lost a couple of steps since then. His run blocking would probably be Ok but he was part of the SF offensive line that was terrible at pass blocking last year and got their QBs killed. He's terrible in pass blocking now.

Thanks, but no thanks.

But he made the Pro Bowl! He just had a bunch of JAG's around him..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Hostile;2441697 said:

I have been echoing those same sentiments since Kosier first hurt his foot in preseason.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Hostile;2441697 said:

We need some toughness on the offensive line. With the exception of Colombo, there's no real ATTITUDE that sets the pace for the offense..LA would bring that toughness IMO

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Larry Allen the name might have made Pro Bowl, he was a shell of himself 3 years ago and late 2008-09 retired and out of the NFL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSport78;2441718 said:
We need some toughness on the offensive line. With the exception of Colombo, there's no real ATTITUDE that sets the pace for the offense..LA would bring that toughness IMO
I love the guy, but I am biased. Take him over Proctor turned around backwards.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
TheSport78;2441692 said:
Didn't Larry Allen make the Pro Bowl in 2006 or 2007? He's still got some juice left I bet, especially when you put him next to 3 Pro Bowlers

Probowl, shmrobowl.

Allen was at probowls late in his career that he had no business being at.

I love Larry Allen, but he is where he needs to be right now.

Besides, Nors said he takes steroids. :rolleyes:

TheSport78

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2441756 said:
Probowl, shmrobowl.

Allen was at probowls late in his career that he had no business being at.

I love Larry Allen, but he is where he needs to be right now.

Besides, Nors said he takes steroids. :rolleyes:

I just think LA would help players around him also. Flozell was playing his best with he had LA beside him. Remember the 05' season? Flo was playing lights out before he got hurt against the Giants. You can hide the deficiencies of a guard by surrounding him with Pro Bowlers like Flozell and Gurode!

WG5516

Reaction score
TheSport78;2441772 said:
I just think LA would help players around him also. Flozell was playing his best with he had LA beside him. Remember the 05' season? Flo was playing lights out before he got hurt against the Giants. You can hide the deficiencies of a guard by surrounding him with Pro Bowlers like Flozell and Gurode!

So why hasn't that worked for Proctor yet?

links18

Reaction score
Larry Allen=Ty Law: A veteran that could help at a position where we are/were hurting and which posters will go on an on about the rest of the year, all the while our stubborn coaching staff has no plans other than to start Procter. :eek: Unfortunately, we are going to sink or swin with Procter or someone else already on the roster, if Kosier is indeed done for the year.

rojan

Reaction score
He wouldn't be able to get into football shape till the next Presidential Election.