Why not take a look at Cole Beasley?

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Did he burn too many bridges in Dallas. Noone has picked him up. Certainly he's not done?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Unless the guy is s deep threat, need someone to challenge defenses vertically we have plenty of guys that can supposedly get open within10 yards of the LOS

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did he burn too many bridges in Dallas. Noone has picked him up. Certainly he's not done?

Beasly did not leave Dallas on the best of terms and word is he did not get along with the coaching staff in Buffalo either, questioned the play calling, complained about not getting enough balls, stuff like that.

Problem is that teams will put up with stuff like that as long as you are a baller, but once your talent starts to decline then teams don't think you are worth the headaches, and you end up sitting at home on your couch on Sunday.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Beasly did not leave Dallas on the best of terms and word is he did not get along with the coaching staff in Buffalo either, questioned the play calling, complained about not getting enough balls, stuff like that.

Problem is that teams will put up with stuff like that as long as you are a baller, but once your talent starts to decline then teams don't think you are worth the headaches, and you end up sitting at home on your couch on Sunday.

I don't think his talent has declined at all. He had less yards and TDs last year and one fumble but the same amount of targets and receptions. His yardage last year would have been his second most as a Cowboy. He can still play at a high level, still quick and shifty and gets open. Never was super fast never will be.

Granted, I'm not denying the other stuff you said. I just think we desperately need that kind of talent on the field right now bc outside of Antonio Brown and ODB he's probably the least washed up receiver out there.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't think Cole Beasley burned any bridges per se. He just made the comment that the Bills have a better training facility.

Cole doesn't have a sponsor in that building. Only two or so coaches exist from the coaching staff he played for. He also broadcasted to the world the last two years on Twitter that he's a "me" guy. I don't think he makes a difference here.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Teams are at a point where he is more of a distraction/issue than his talent warrants. Same with the Kaepernicks, Tebows, and ABs of the world although those are more extreme examples. In reality, there are 100 examples of guys sitting out there who can play but aren't worth the risks that come with them once they are outside of their prime.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SIR ALEC GUINNESS! I mean COLE BEASLEY! DON'T FALL ON THAT DETONATOR!

T6Bjabd.gif

Too late. :(

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because Gallup and Washington are coming back..n need Turpin and pollard can fill a similar role IF MR vanilla Moore can design some lay and call them properly.