Why not tank in 24

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good points, you typically dont see tanking in the NFL like you do in the NBA..............it is so blatant in the NBA and the league just looks the other direction.

Take the Spurs, they literally traded away anybody that had a more than a high school level of knowledge about the game of basketball so they would lose enough games to be at the top of the lottery just as Victor Wembyama was entering the draft after playing in Europe for the team Tony Parker happens to own..............Biggest and most blatant tank job ever and the NBA just looked the other way and pretended it was all just a big coincidence.
Gotta give it to the Spurs, they are the GOATs of tanking, they don't tank often, but when they do, they do it right. I'm a fan of both teams, Cowboys and Spurs and such a night and day difference on how their organizations, FOs and coaching staffs function. I've often dreamt what the Cowboys would look like if it were run like the Spurs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Lol,
Hmmm… because rational and reasonably intelligent people comprehend and understand that in “competitive” sports you rarely get childish instant gratification and you don’t “take your ball and go home” like a spoiled bedwetter!
I have seen no instant gratification in 28 years.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
:facepalm: Because LOSERS tank.
And we're winners!

"This might be Zach Martin's last year so you want him and the rest of the veterans on the team to tank so we can get a better draft pick?"

Yes, let's run our team to fit an individual's fantasy of going out a winner. (He's already a winner)

75 percent of our fanbase is braindead. . .

As is VH.

Cowboys have the worst fanbase in all of sports. ... 75% of the fan base is braindead?
Following SAS is no way to go through life.

rambo2

Reaction score
Because Jerry and Cap Boy could even screw up tanking. They would probably get fleeced in the trades, and even if they got great picks, would probably whiff on them. No, I don't even trust these clowns to tank right.
Yep, billionaires are stupid.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They also ignore Klutch’s collusion to get players like Anthony Davis to go to the Lakers….
Exactly..............and the other thing I always find fishy is the lottery "assigns number sequences" all behind closed doors before the ping pong lottery even starts. Then they pull out a couple of balls and say "4-5-2-9" is the winner and this sequence is assigned to the Spurs, congratulations!!!

I'm sorry, but the NBA draft lottery is about as shady as it gets in pro sports.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gotta give it to the Spurs, they are the GOATs of tanking, they don't tank often, but when they do, they do it right. I'm a fan of both teams, Cowboys and Spurs and such a night and day difference on how their organizations, FOs and coaching staffs function. I've often dreamt what the Cowboys would look like if it were run like the Spurs.
Oh I dont blame the Spurs at all, if the NBA is not going to do jack about teams intentionally tanking, why would a team like the Spurs not tank the year before Wembyama enters the draft?