Why not try the 70 yarder?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I realize how unlikely it was.

But we've seen two weeks in a row that Dak can't throw a ball 55 yards into the end zone. Came up woefully short both times.

So why not see if Maher can catch a line drive perfectly flush indoors?

To me, it's the most likely unlikely option there.
:facepalm:

RodeoJake

Reaction score
The NFL record for a field goal is 64 yards. You think the odds of making a kick that is 10% longer than the NFL record is between 25% and 33%?

LOL

The NCAA record is 67 yards and has been accomplished a few times.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had deep options, but felt they were either covered or there wasn't enough time for them to get open.
It's up to the QB to decide to take the short option or not.

Point is that he has to make better decisions and move faster. You can't dink your way down the middle with no timeouts. The Saints were guarding the sidelines to keep everything in bounds. Dak needed to throw a 20 yarder down the seem with 1:30 left. It was a poorly executed 2 minute drill.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This thread is a reminder that unintentional comedy is still the best comedy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Point is that he has to make better decisions and move faster. You can't dink your way down the middle with no timeouts. The Saints were guarding the sidelines to keep everything in bounds. Dak needed to throw a 20 yarder down the seem with 1:30 left. It was a poorly executed 2 minute drill.
Of course.
My point was that blaming Garrett for that was a bit off the mark.....and I'm no Garrett defender.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I realize how unlikely it was.

But we've seen two weeks in a row that Dak can't throw a ball 55 yards into the end zone. Came up woefully short both times.

So why not see if Maher can catch a line drive perfectly flush indoors?

To me, it's the most likely unlikely option there.

Fake the field goal kick. Have all blockers intentionally whiff then have Maher come up to the ball without kicking it. When a defender gets close then Maher kicks and extends his leg into a defender then rolls around pretending to be in great pain from the defender running into him during the kick.

This has a much better chance of working than a 70 yard field goal.

My way is 1 in a million chance.

The 70 yard field goal is 1 in a billion chance.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why make things up ? Dak has thrown the ball 55 yards before. You have to be able to get your feet set. He was falling away from a defender.

Don't bring facts into play. He is trying to sell us his anti Dak agenda. Shhhh....Let him be. This post was nothing more than to take a shot at Dak.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If Cobb gets an additional 6-7 yards, you have a legitimate FG attempt.

If he got another 6-7 yards, the time would have expired before the ball would have even been placed. The offensive players would have been having to do an all out sprint as soon as the ball is thrown and keeping up with the play. We barely even got the ball spiked with where he went down.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The chances of making a 70 yarder are just about zero. Whereas with a Hail Mary you can draw a PI.

How many PI's are called on hail marys? Less than 1%? They allow anything down there in these situations. And you honestly think the refs are calling PI on the saints at that time? Lmao. Sure...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Let's see. Has a hail mary ever worked in the NFL?

aaron-rodgers-is-structuring-his-life-like-tom-brady-in-order-to-play-football-into-his-40s.png

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Unless you have Aaron Rogers at QB, see post above, the chances of hitting on a hail mary are very, very slim in the NFL. I cant even remember the last time a team won a game off a hail mary in the NFL that was not the Pack. They seem to win a game like that every 1-2 years.

The highest percentage play for Dallas to have run would have been to lateral the ball back and forth and hope the defense overplays to one side and you can get a free runner down the sideline, just like Miami did against the Pats last season.