Why not us?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Tampa Bay got shut out by the Saints, Arizona got beat by the Colts, and Green Bay should have lost to the BROWNS if not for idiotic coaching and a non-call for interference. We have taken care of business the last three weeks.

Point being, good offenses are struggling across the NFC right now. We have a strong defense scoring TD's for us, and a decent offense. Why not us???

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Tampa Bay got shut out by the Saints, Arizona got beat by the Colts, and Green Bay should have lost to the BROWNS if not for idiotic coaching and a non-call for interference. We have taken care of business the last three weeks.

Point being, good offenses are struggling across the NFC right now. We have a strong defense scoring TD's for us, and a decent offense. Why not us???
We’re one of 14 teams that will be in the playoffs. Now it’s just a matter of continuing to take care of business and getting a high seeding. I’m happy that we’re in the conversation!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Could be us. Let’s see which team show up during the playoffs.

eyedoc

Reaction score

I like the way you think.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our QB and offense is more out of sync than any of the other leading contenders in the NFC. Our offense has been sputtering for half the season. We’re winning games with takeaways but at some point they’ll stop and we’ll be in trouble if Dak and the offense continues to struggle. We’re not getting it done in the redzone and Zuerlein isn’t the most consistent kicker. We can’t put it all on our defense to win games in the playoffs. You can only hold down Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady for so long. Our defense played well against KC several weeks ago but we could only score 9 points. We’re not going get very far if Dak and the offense doesn’t get back on track. We’ll end up falling behind it and can’t overcome it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There is no reason at all that this couldn't be the year other than the Cowboys always find a way to drop out of serious contention. Be it injuries, poor coaching, or just bad play down the stretch. If they can avoid all of those, then it could be them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys are as good as GB, TB, and KC.

I would have to disagree with that. We lost to Tampa when we were playing our best football of the season. We lost to KC even though our defense played well. I haven’t seen anything that tells me we’re better than Green Bay. I’m not even sure if we’re better than the Rams right now. I agree there’s no dominant team but we have to get better offensively to have a real shot. You can’t win in the playoffs with a struggling QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

No reason it can’t be. The defense is playing championship defense and the offense showed signs of improvement last week. We have the best punter in the NFC at least.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Because we have a history of being here before and not adjusting course. It has to do with the culture of the team, and we have yet to see if that has changed.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Our QB and offense is more out of sync than any of the other leading contenders in the NFC. Our offense has been sputtering for half the season. We’re winning games with takeaways but at some point they’ll stop and we’ll be in trouble if Dak and the offense continues to struggle. We’re not getting it done in the redzone and Zuerlein isn’t the most consistent kicker. We can’t put it all on our defense to win games in the playoffs. You can only hold down Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady for so long. Our defense played well against KC several weeks ago but we could only score 9 points. We’re not going get very far if Dak and the offense doesn’t get back on track. We’ll end up falling behind it and can’t overcome it.
Tampa put up a goose egg against a team we’ve recently beat. And the game was in Tampa. I wouldn’t exactly call that being in synch.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Could be us. Let’s see which team show up during the playoffs.

Think the problem people here have is that they don't wait to see the team prove that they are legit. It could be us, but the way some people talk is they call others whiners for not blindly believing the homer hype and automatically assuming we will do well in the playoffs. This team has gotten here before and failed, getting to the playoffs is not the problem, it is being a legit playoff team that is the problem. Lets see if the Cowboys can look dominate at the end of the season, before not being concerned about the state of the offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tampa put up a goose egg against a team we’ve recently beat. And the game was in Tampa. I wouldn’t exactly call that being in synch.

New Orleans had Alvin Kamara we never faced him. Tampa was without several big weapons. They bounced back just fine today. The loss to New Orleans was a blip.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
New Orleans had Alvin Kamara we never faced him. Tampa was without several big weapons. They bounced back just fine today. The loss to New Orleans was a blip.
We’ve had players out of the lineup all year. Does that excuse only count for other teams?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ve had players out of the lineup all year. Does that excuse only count for other teams?

Pretty much every team has a player or two out every week. Denver had more players out than we did when they pounded us earlier in the season. There’s things I’ve seen with the Cowboys this season that make it very difficult for me to buy into them.