CFZ Why Shouldn't Tony Pollard Leave Dallas?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Do we want to pay Pollard big money? Not saying I prefer Zeke over Pollard but weren't we discussing RB's are easy to find in FA or the draft? Unless we dump Zeke, Pollard will likely be gone. There are backs to be found, I don't break the bank on one

visionary

Reaction score
Maybe he does like it, but I doubt he likes the disrespect from his boss talking about how great Zeke is, basically taking the attention away from Pollards great game, to remind everyone that Zeke is the man.

I don't see how any player would like that to be honest.

if I hear “disrespect “ one more time about an nfl player I will throw something

when will we learn that it’s only and only and only about the money

Don’t “respect “ but pay him he will stay

“Respect “ him and pay him less he will for the highest salary

when an nfl player says respect he means money

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It was a terrible one. Find one that is actually plausible.

you literally could take 2 seconds and choose every team in our division or a team like car who just traded away cmc.

They're usually the one that has the most money genius lol that's the only reason why I said it

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe he does like it, but I doubt he likes the disrespect from his boss talking about how great Zeke is, basically taking the attention away from Pollards great game, to remind everyone that Zeke is the man.

I don't see how any player would like that to be honest.

Right, good way to kill a player after a great game

Doomsday101

Reaction score
a lot of factors will go into this. However, I will say I don't mind paying playmakers. Really comes down to asking price and what Dallas may or may not do with Zeke.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think he couldn't care less about being a featured back. Pay him market value and he'd be happy. If I'm being paid market value, I'm not going to care if someone else is doing half my job. He's not a quarterback.

When I go to work I get 2 hours break in an 8 hour shift. If I have an extra person, it's 4 hours break. I don't complain. :D
If they pay him market value just to have him get 10 carries a game then the Cowboys will be the losers there.

Ken

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.
The Cowboys are going to have an interesting conundrum after the season. They stand to lose Pollard in FA and probably will have to cut Zeke (PLEASE!)

So they either will have to start fresh, which i am not opposed to, or they will have to play Pollard pretty well. I just don't see them doing that so they will probably let him sign big somewhere else and get the comp pick.

They will need to draft a RB at least in the 2nd or 3rd round and probably another later in the draft.

I am all for it.

HanD

Reaction score
They're usually the one that has the most money genius lol that's the only reason why I said it

usually but not next year. more lazy assumptions. they are over the cap next year by 12m. who's the genius now?

Creeper

Reaction score
Normally I would prefer the Cowboys did not sign Pollard to a big contract as RBs don't have long careers in the NFL. But Pollard is different. The fact that the Cowboys have not given him many carries means he is fresher. He's like a used car that has low mileage. Of course that doesn't mean I'd pay him $10 million. RBs are not hard to find in the draft. But at this point is the Cowboys parted ways with Zeke and Pollard, I would be more upset about losing Pollard.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think he couldn't care less about being a featured back. Pay him market value and he'd be happy. If I'm being paid market value, I'm not going to care if someone else is doing half my job. He's not a quarterback.

When I go to work I get 2 hours break in an 8 hour shift. If I have an extra person, it's 4 hours break. I don't complain. :D
Market value for what? A feature back or a guy that's a change of pace back? My guess is he isn't going to want the latter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
usually but not next year. more lazy assumptions. they are over the cap next year by 12m. who's the genius now?

You because you act like you're their cap boy lol, do they have enough pie, do they look at free agents 24/7, do they like their guys????

shabazz

Reaction score
I like the current setup where the other teams defensive scheme “should” determine which of out two Running backs should be utilized. What I dont want is Jerry and Moore forcing Zeke to get the lions share of the carries if the situation dictates that Pollard would be more effective

we have a great “problem” with having both back vying for carries. Being that they are 2 completely different backs is no problem and no conflict of interest unless they don’t know how to manage it.

shabazz

Reaction score
You because you act like you're their cap boy lol, do they have enough pie, do they look at free agents 24/7, do they like their guys????

Dakota can cure this cap dilemma better than any other player. He’s due 49million, roughly 25% of next years cap and he can restructure if he and the team find it mutually beneficial

HanD

Reaction score

:facepalm: just admit that you made a terrible example and take a second next time to find a better example. It's like ESPN constantly throwing dal as a fa destination or that they are interested in someone because it sells. in the end it's worthless if there isn't a fit or opportunity.

and it's not about being a cap boy. it's about knowing general nfl situations and what teams need.

Sydla

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.

Zeke is gone after this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think that's what will happen.

A team will offer him starting RB money while the Cowboys will offer him "split the carries with Zeke" money.

If some team offers him 4 years, $56 million, the Cowboys would be dumb to pay that. They just experienced the failure in paying TB big money, why would you turn around and do it again?

stinkface

Reaction score
Imagine what Pollard could do with Mahomes in KC or Buffalo with Allen. Yikes. That said, he will probably end up in Jacksonville. They have a ton of cap space.