CFZ Why Shouldn't Tony Pollard Leave Dallas?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If some team offers him 4 years, $56 million, the Cowboys would be dumb to pay that. They just experienced the failure in paying TB big money, why would you turn around and do it again?
I think they messed up with Zeke. Pollard hasn't taken the pounding Zeke took before his contract.

Zeke was and still is overpaid. Pollard won't get that kind of money regardless, not many RBs will.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’m fine with keeping both. Definitely would like to see them on the field together a lot more with Pollard used in short passing game as an extension of the run game. I guarantee Andy Reid would scheme him in passing game a lot more.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't want him to leave but it's realistic that he can and will get offered much more elsewhere! First day of free agency, Jaguars sign Rb Tony Pollard to a 4 year 56 million dollar deal!

Norm Hitchges (spelling??) was on the Ticket post game show speculating on exactly that. He figures at least 10 mill per year is what Pollard will get offered elsewhere.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they messed up with Zeke. Pollard hasn't taken the pounding Zeke took before his contract.

Zeke was and still is overpaid. Pollard won't get that kind of money regardless, not many RBs will.

Doesn't matter. You don't pay TBs big money. It never works. If Pollard finds himself in that $12-14 million AAV range, you say thanks for your service, see ya.

It would be idiotic to pay any TB that.

HanD

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. You don't pay TBs big money. It never works. If Pollard finds himself in that $12-14 million AAV range, you say thanks for your service, see ya.

It would be idiotic to pay any TB that.
there are too many solid rbs each year that can be had for minimal money. mostert signed for 2m. drake 1m, jeff wilson 1m.

draft a rb in the middle rounds, sign a solid vet rb and spend money elsewhere like the trenches.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is always the chance the Cowboys move on from Zeke. They are at a point in his contract they can cut him with a limited cap hit. Or they could trade him. He certainly wouldn't merit a top draft pick at this point, but maybe a 4th or 5th rounder.

Sydla

Reaction score
there are too many solid rbs each year that can be had for minimal money. mostert signed for 2m. drake 1m, jeff wilson 1m.

draft a rb in the middle rounds, sign a solid vet rb and spend money elsewhere like the trenches.

Bingo.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.

He will, he’s in a contract year.

I really hope we’ve learned our lesson with paying RBs high dollar…awful, awful roster management.

Let’s get everything we can out of TP and Zeke this year then unload them for cheap fresh legs in the draft.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If some team offers him 4 years, $56 million, the Cowboys would be dumb to pay that. They just experienced the failure in paying TB big money, why would you turn around and do it again?
Sp people here can whine incessantly about a big contract that didn't meet stats expectations because we didn't give him the necessary touches to meet those expectations.

Sound familiar?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Pollard will go to the highest bidder, as he should. As much as I like him I picture him costing too much. I hope we get younger instead.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There is always the chance the Cowboys move on from Zeke. They are at a point in his contract they can cut him with a limited cap hit. Or they could trade him. He certainly wouldn't merit a top draft pick at this point, but maybe a 4th or 5th rounder.
LOL you are crazy if you think Zeke and his insane contract have any actual value. He has negative value. You would have to give someone draft picks to take him off your hands.

Flamma

Reaction score
If they pay him market value just to have him get 10 carries a game then the Cowboys will be the losers there.

His market value is 5M. He's worth that at his current production. And he's not oft injured. That alone is worth something.

We don't have a feature back. We're probably not going to have one anytime soon, whether they pay him or not.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.
You'd run Pollard into the ground.

Flamma

Reaction score
Market value for what? A feature back or a guy that's a change of pace back? My guess is he isn't going to want the latter.

His market value is 5M, who cares? If he wants more than that, or doesn't like his role, I bid him adieu.