Why the Cowboys will likely keep Greg the Broken Leg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As I mentioned Jerry did not seem happy with Greg, I have a feeling he will insist on having someone brought in to compete. Frankly would not mind seeing Dallas use a 7th rd pick on a kicker
1. Cade York, LSU
2. Gabe Brkic, Oklahoma
3. Cameron Dicker, Texas

I'm with you.

quickccc

Reaction score
4) Bones Fassel is in his corner. ...

Bones has had enuff impact, production and pull among the organization that he can influence the team to bring him back Greg Z

But if Greg slumps so badly that it single handedly causes us games, then its on Bones and he'll have nuthin' to debate if it comes to cutting the FG kicker ....

quickccc

Reaction score
As I mentioned Jerry did not seem happy with Greg, I have a feeling he will insist on having someone brought in to compete. Frankly would not mind seeing Dallas use a 7th rd pick on a kicker
1. Cade York, LSU
2. Gabe Brkic, Oklahoma
3. Cameron Dicker, Texas

Street FA vet most likely... someone that is on Bones' radar. o_O

Nexx

Reaction score
watching the playoffs and seeing the kickers pretty much nail everything in every situation makes me feel like we really need another kicker for next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Street FA vet most likely... someone that is on Bones' radar. o_O

Chances are your right, however still think using a late draft pick to grab one of the top 3 kickers in college would be a wise move. Last season Dallas brought in Niswander with no NFL experience

Mr_437

Reaction score
Saves like 2.3m to release him with virtually no dead money. Thinking you better get used to your new rookie kicker(s)!
Rookie Kicker situation is working out well for the Bengals. I would for Dallas to try that out last time they did...Dan Bailey became Mr. Automatic.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I agree CowboysRule. He missed a 31 yarder in the TB game. If he kicks that one, Brady can't just take the Bucs down and just kick a field goal to win it. We'd have been up by 4 instead of the 1 we were. Brady would have had to get in the end zone to win. I wouldn't bet against Brady pulling it off, but there wasn't much time left in the game to go that distance. As it was, they wound up kicking a 36 yarder to win with 2 seconds left. Would have been almost impossible to get in the end zone to win with that little time on the clock left. He definitely cost us that game.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We see a bad kicker. Jerry sees a reason to watch a kicker. He'll be back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
watching the playoffs and seeing the kickers pretty much nail everything in every situation makes me feel like we really need another kicker for next year.

Yeah, but Zuerlein nailed everything in our playoff game. I believe the Joneses will be considering that when they make their decision. I say it's only a matter of time before a key miss proves to be a difference-maker in a make-or-break game, but don't know if they'll believe it since it didn't happen.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cowboys would have been 15-2 had Zuerlein done his job. Have you already forgotten the first game against Tampa when Zuerlein missed 3, three pointers?! "But Dak can't beat good teams" :rolleyes:

mardwin

Reaction score
They need to invest a 5th round pick on the kicker from Texas.