Why "they're" picking the Niners

ESisback

Reaction score
I do listen a bit to select talkers, but very select. I used to like Cowherd, but he's started to fall into the "Just say stupid crapp for ratings" crapp. Jaws and Dilfer tend to be pretty good, and couple others, you simply have to pick and choose wisely. And avoid the StephenA's and Skippys.

I like that Cosell guy.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
How'd your $90 million most expensive RB in franchise history do in that game?
I don't think you realize it but you are agreeing with me. My point is that is the last pressure game this team played, and some players still on this team lost that game they had no business losing. Dak's choke job was just the most visible because he was so inept on that last drive.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because they have no stones to pick the cowboys. The recent lack of playoff success for the boys, coupled with recent lack of success vs playoff teams to end this season doesn't give non cowboys fans much indication for the beating to come. But we will beat the 9'rs like the like punks they are.

ESisback

Reaction score
Zeke's been playing on one leg, Tyron's been playing sans vertebrae, and Galley will *** up if u look at him wrong. Kearse and Hooker would rather hit you than boink, and Zach thinks everyone in front of him would look better being part of the turf. Osa comes at you like you insulted his granny and Micah just wants to ring your bell. We are so much tougher than anyone gives us credit for. This is not those panty waist teams of a couple years ago.
Totally agree! Hollywood, finesse, glamour, glitz, etc., is a persona the media perpetuates to manufacture drama. Dallas is the arrogant evil empire, and the 9ers are the tough, honest, noble, Working Shmoes. The ABD’s, morons, and football fringe gobble it up.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Philly's a playoff team n we beat them twice. NO, NE, both are playoff teams.

Did you even research this?
Oh, I did my research and to put these three teams in the same category as the 4 I mentioned is a joke. The three you mentioned, none of them has an above average QB starting for them AND none of them is even in the same class as the 4 I mentioned. The Cowboys aren't getting any respect for beating those teams because they were EXPECTED to win those games. Of the 4 I mentioned, the Raiders could have possibly been in the same class of teams you mentioned, except D Carr is a pretty decent QB who can take down any team if he's on and he was on TURKEY DAY!

Note: The win at home against the Eagles was a great win for the Boys, but the win in PHILLY was a joke! The Eagles sat their starting QB and their entire defense and the Boys had a field day against a bunch of 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players. You and I both know that there should be an ASTERISK next to that victory.......................

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair enough, that is your opinion. And you could be right, maybe they come up short, we are so used to that we've come to expect it.

And I admit of a little "self-selling" on my part but there is one major difference between you and me about this one thing at this one time, I am happier than you are because I am anticipating a win.

But, b0xZZ, I invite you to try a little self-selling yourself and at least be a happy idiot for the next 27 hours.

I used to think altering my anticipation would deflect the disappointment at least a little but it did not. I was not any less unhappy than the fan who anticipated a win. And they had the edge on me because they had at least some happiness leading up to it. Took me 64 years to learn that the reward of optimism is not the destination but the journey.
I think the uncertainty is a big part of anticipation and excitement. I find myself less enthralled or nervous if I believe it’s a game we’re going win. That doesn’t mean we can’t still have some confidence which is usually based more on recent history and current trends.

The fact Im not certain leaves me sitting on the edge of my seat with every play wondering if it could be the one that turns the game. I’d argue winning the games you’re uncertain about are actually more exhilarating.

Our owner is a perfect example of how the eternal optimist over selling his hand not planning or confronting for worse case scenarios is a product and major contributing factor for our struggles this era. They seem to never see it coming or at least won’t admit the concerns and then look for excuses or scapegoats instead of acknowledging obvious causes dialing into Damage Control to thwart off criticism .

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the uncertainty is a big part of anticipation and excitement. I find myself less enthralled or nervous if I believe it’s a game we’re going win. That doesn’t mean we can’t still have some confidence which is usually based more on recent history and current trends.

The fact Im not certain leaves me sitting on the edge of my seat with every play wondering if it could be the one that turns the game. I’d argue winning the games you’re uncertain about are actually more exhilarating.

Our owner is a perfect example of how the eternal optimist over selling his hand not planning or confronting for worse case scenarios is a product and major contributing factor for our struggles this era. They seem to never see it coming or at least won’t admit the concerns and then look for excuses or scapegoats instead of acknowledging obvious causes often dialing into Damage Control to thwart off criticism .
Agree, the unknown is always enticing. I do feel the Cowboys will win; however, should CIN, BUF and TB hold serve, it gets shaky because the numbers say two home teams are losing and I do not see KC being one of them.

jnday

Reaction score
'They' are picking against us because of how many times we have come up small in these spots.
Exactly. The Cowboys are not a good team when facing teams that are not in the NFCE or facing good teams. Dallas has a history of losing big games. I fully expect the 49ers to shut down the Cowboys’ running game and try to force Dak to beat them. Usually, that strategy works for the opposing team and there is no reason to think that this game will be different.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Exactly. The Cowboys are not a good team when facing teams that are not in the NFCE or facing good teams. Dallas has a history of losing big games. I fully expect the 49ers to shut down the Cowboys’ running game and try to force Dak to beat them. Usually, that strategy works for the opposing team and there is no reason to think that this game will be different.
I agree, but I think Dak will beat them.

Not even being a homer. I think he will do it.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree, but I think Dak will beat them.

Not even being a homer. I think he will do it.
It is entirely possible. Dak has not been able to win the big games up to this point, but there’s a first time for everything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only way to know if someone truly believes what they say is when they lay money on the line, otherwies it means nothing. So what are the Vegas odds, Vegas does not like to lose. Guess who they have favored -Dallas.
A 3 point spread means it’s actually a pick em game at a neutral site since home team traditionally get 3 points just for being at home.

And Vegas wins either way . Their objective is to have equal wagering on both sides and make their 10% juice on the action.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree, the unknown is always enticing. I do feel the Cowboys will win; however, should CIN, BUF and TB hold serve, it gets shaky because the numbers say two home teams are losing and I do not see KC being one of them.
I wouldn’t put too much in those home field percentages. It varies from year to year. Those numbers are based on the culmination of all years.

And this begins a new era with additional WC and playoff format . I’d expect those percentages to change somewhat.

We may not know for several years the impact. But I’d expect the home field percentage to increase with adding a 7th seed against a 2nd seed which used to get a bye.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Everyone scared about the niners because all everyone listens to is social media.
I love when the mediots count us out...
Defenses win championships, and this D is just evolving.
SF should be worried about a young and very stout/healthy DL.
Gallimore, Osa inside, and the ability to bring Gregory, Lawrence and Parsons from multiple directions should be quite concerning to Jimmy G.
Neal being out is a disappointment, but this back 7 even without Neal is deep enough to absorb the loss, and it actually gives McDaniel something else to ponder about, worry about.
Will Dallas replace Neals snaps with Gifford or hybrid safety, possibly Donovan Wilson and we see Kelvin Joseph time.
Point being that even with Neals loss, Quinn has options there, the ability to still be very creative.
Jimmy G is going to be seeing stars.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t put too much in those home field percentages. It varies from year to year. Those numbers are based on the culmination of all years.

And this begins a new era with additional WC and playoff format . I’d expect those percentages to change somewhat. We may not know for several years the impact. But I’d expect the home field percentage to increase with adding a 7th seed against a 2nd seed which used to get a bye.
That is based on my playing in a Pick'Em league for over 10 years and the numbers say 2 home teams are losing this weekend. It is one of the effects of parity.

This season is exacerbated by the fact we don't know who is out and that can change the day before a game. 3 weeks of playoffs, 14 games, 14 teams, the odds are some team(s) will be affected.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s nothing to be scared about playing SF. There are some valid concerns though as there might be with any opponent in the playoffs.

This is basically all the media has been chattering about . They see the matchups as not as favorable. Many of these discussions are reasonable. The spin they put on it can be unreasonable.

And remember only the team needs to feel or be confident enough to win. Fans can feel the anticipation and excitement from the edge of their seat unknowing or uncertain on every play feeling as happy enjoying the exhilaration as it unfolds in front of them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is based on my playing in a Pick'Em league for over 10 years and the numbers say 2 home teams are losing this weekend. It is one of the effects of parity.

This season is exacerbated by the fact we don't know who is out and that can change the day before a game. 3 weeks of playoffs, 14 games, 14 teams, the odds are some team(s) will be affected.
Understood.

My point is for that percentage to hold up it could have been 3 upsets one year and only 1 some years to average 2 a year.

And adding a WC game this year is bound to skew those numbers. How much we may not know for several years.