FEATURED Why this season is going to be great!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I went to several road venues in my days but the one I’d recommend the most in Lambeau. The history is amazing. They have their HOF too.

The Cowboys are well represented. I just love the history of the old stadiums. And their fans are the class on the road. Didn’t have any issues at all with opposing fans.
Been once... it was great.... but Ill pass agin unless its playoffs. Sitting on HS stadium bleachers aint for me. Im spending 300 bucks for a seat, I dont want to feel like I do in a plane when surrounded by fat arses encroaching on my space.

I suggest hitting GB, but once is enough for me. Plus, I still have nightmares about the game, since we all know Dez caught that ball.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I went in 2004. Loved it and took in all the history and atmosphere. I don’t feel a huge need to return though.

I don’t travel as much these days, largely for reasons you’ve already outlined in this thread, but the ones that I’d be inclined to get back to are places like Seattle and New Orleans.

Arizona was fun when they played in Tempe.
I went to the Superdome last season. I was expecting it to be more rundown, for some reason, but it was actually a really nice venue. I enjoyed it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nobody here is angry at Jerry for making money.....we are just frustrated at his refusal to admit his mistake of not hiring an experienced football man at the GM position.

Like you, we all love quality football but unfortunately our team is never in it when the best teams play it....late January
Serious question. What areas did we improve in over FA and the draft?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I went to the Superdome last season. I was expecting it to be more rundown, for some reason, but it was actually a really nice venue. I enjoyed it.
They frequently invest in upgrading that place, and it got a major one after Katrina. The first time I was there it was a poop hole. 98 maybe.

What’s bad about it is it’s a circle shape like the cookie cutter multi purpose venues built in the early 70s, so the sideline seats are far away from the action. The best seats are in the corners, and the upper level is very high.

However, there’s no other city in the US like NO. You actually don’t even feel like you’re in the US, and when you can walk to everything you need on your football trip, it’s a huge plus in my book. Not much conventional tailgating, but you do that right on Bourbon St.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
it is run down, but the atmosphere and city is INCREDIBLE. We go everytime we play there. AMAZING venue!

plasticman

Reaction score
Many Cowboys fans including posters on this site are highly critical of the Cowboys.

I don't think that anybody should have this false impression that these fans sit in front of a game as Cowboys fans hoping that they lose. Once the game starts, they have the same hopes for victory that we all do. They simply see a victory as less probable.

Being skeptical or critical of the Cowboys ability to win does not make a fan less of a fan. In most cases it just makes them a little more candid about where their team really stands among the other teams in the league.

Fans have a right to express disappointment and frustration as much as they have the right to express celebration and excitement. In fact, one without the other would make the entire concept of sports competition pretty mundane.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nobody here is angry at Jerry for making money.....we are just frustrated at his refusal to admit his mistake of not hiring an experienced football man at the GM position.

Like you, we all love quality football but unfortunately our team is never in it when the best teams play it....late January
Wait, I thought McClay was the football guy? So didnt Jerry get a real football guy? Its just Jerry has the GM title??????

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Many Cowboys fans including posters on this site are highly critical of the Cowboys.

I don't think that anybody should have this false impression that these fans sit in front of a game as Cowboys fans hoping that they lose. Once the game starts, they have the same hopes for victory that we all do. They simply see a victory as less probable.

Being skeptical or critical of the Cowboys ability to win does not make a fan less of a fan. In most cases it just makes them a little more candid about where their team really stands among the other teams in the league.

Fans have a right to express disappointment and frustration as much as they have the right to express celebration and excitement. In fact, one without the other would make the entire concept of sports competition pretty mundane.
I dont agree with everything we do. I would have definitely grabbed a RB, some way, some how. Maybe not even drafted our defensive player in Rd 2 and took one. BUt I can not deny the FACT, that the Cowboys have been one of the better drafting teams in the league for some time now. So I am trusting.

Fir me, most of the roster is good enough, it all comes down to one position. You think the Chiefs had a better roster than we did last year, minus QB? I dont.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wait, I thought McClay was the football guy? So didnt Jerry get a real football guy? Its just Jerry has the GM title??????
Meaning Jerry makes the final decisions. Jerry needs someone that makes decision for him.

The key would be just to let him take all the credit for it.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good post Reid.

Good description of how you enjoy a season. Support you and any fan on how they choose to be a fan. As long as we allow all fans to express how they feel and think about our favorite team, this forum gets better and better.

The thing is, fans enjoy the Cowboys in different ways. You said, “My love for the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys is not dictated by wins and losses.” My joy as a fan isn’t dictated by that either. But my desire to see us do better is also a strong part of my fandom. I enjoy every season, win or lose. But that doesn’t mean I’m not frustrated by some of the same things happening again and and again without much if any change at the top.

I can only speak for me, but in my book loving my favorite team means I want the best for it and I’m not averse to expressing my frustration when the team does not perform as well as it could or if I feel the leadership is not doing all they can to win. That to me is not “hate” or miserable as I’ve been accused of being just for stating my opinion on what I think the team’s deepest problems are. Doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong. Just an opinion like yours.

For the record, I believe Jerry is a great business man who has every right to earn all he legally can. I suppot that. But IMO, he’s not a very good GM. My problem with JJ is neither personal or about money. It’s about results and his stubborn refusal to do whatever it takes to win a championship.

I 100% appreciate your well thought out post and your expression of your opinions here. My hope is we can all accept and appreciate the many shades of fandom and each other - even when we disagree.
I think Jerry is more GM in name only. Isnt McClay the real football man? We had number 1 seed in what??? 2009? you think losing that game was on the GM? Didnt the GM put together a roster that had the best record in the NFC? In 2014, we once again had the top record in the NFC.... it was a tie. We lost a heartbreaker in GB. Was that also on the GM? Im not trying to argue or take away from your views, just having a real conversation. Last year, we had the number 2 seed... that is not a subjective statement. It is a fact. And we got waxed... I blame players and coaches for that, not the GM.

Fact is, our defense was kick *** last year, and we had the number 1 scoring offense in all of football. I just dont know how the front office can be blamed for that *** whoopin against GB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Meaning Jerry makes the final decisions. Jerry needs someone that makes decision for him.

The key would be just to let him take all the credit for it.
The only decision Jerry could make that would improve this team drastically is to kidnap Patrick Mahomes and force him to wear the star on Sundays. Our roster was top 5 in the entire league last year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You have the excitement I had from the 60’s thru the 90’s.
IM not a newcomer. Ive watched every Cowboys SB since the Super Bowl 12.

I am just surprised that the rest of you older guys havent gotten to the point in life that wins and losses arent what its only about. Dont get me wrong, I was CRUSHED after that loss against GB. But I just dont blame Jerry. Actually, the opposite. I felt our roster was top 5 in the league, certainly better than GB. He doesnt play the games or coach the team. Our front office put us in great position to have a deep run last year... and the coaches and players blew it, not Jerry.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, unfortunately it’s not a franchise and organization we can be as proud of anymore.

Decades ago I always could hold my head up high amongst opposing fans. Now I take shots at our ownership and lack of success this era before they do.

Thankfully I grew up and lived thru our greatest era’s. Hopefully it will come again someday but not as likely under current leadership, which isn’t a model to follow.

Think that’s what I miss the most. The class organization we once were referred to. Now we’re more of an embarrassment. Not because of our team but our owner.
So im just curious.... how many fan bases do you think can be proud of their teams. Right now, Id say the Chiefs..... thats it. Nobody else. The Bengals? What have they done? The only reason the Chiefs can be so proud is they have the great Patrick Mahomes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Excellent post.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The lone fact that we come here to communicate and share our opinions shows that we all care enough to keep following this team. While it's not an ideal situation that we appear to be facing this year, our interest in this team gives us a mutual bond with the team. That, alone, is well worth appreciating. I enjoy following this team and hope all of us remain fond enough to keep doing so. It's one thing that makes my life worthwhile. I'm hoping it does the same for each and every one of you. There are people in other circumstances that would love to enjoy the things that we do.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM not a newcomer. Ive watched every Cowboys SB since the Super Bowl 12.

I am just surprised that the rest of you older guys havent gotten to the point in life that wins and losses arent what it’s only about. Dont get me wrong, I was CRUSHED after that loss against GB. But I just dont blame Jerry. Actually, the opposite. I felt our roster was top 5 in the league, certainly better than GB. He doesnt play the games or coach the team. Our front office put us in great position to have a deep run last year... and the coaches and players blew it, not Jerry.
Like I said, it’s not losing or having less success that’s so painful it’s that we don’t have an owner who’s willing to set aside his selfish ambitions and egos to bring in real football people to run football operations creating a dysfunctional organization and toxic atmosphere which undermines our coaching staff which translates to the performance.

Our ownership which is basically our FO has not built a championship caliber team. It has key weaknesses which prevents it from deeper runs in the playoffs and generally less success against better teams, coaching staffs and organizations.

Sounds like you’ve bought into the hype Jethro is peddling.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, everyone entitled to their way of fandom. Around the younger generations in my family I try not to offer all of my harsh criticism as don’t want to come off too negative.

When they come in my Mancave they are marveled at my mostly Cowboy memorabilia always asking what it was like back then being a Cowboy fan.

Sincerely hope they someday get to experience the greatness we did as I know you’ve mentioned with your son.

I’m also a diehard fan of my Alma Mater , Baylor. Which has prepared me for a more apathetic attitude to follow and support . I think it’s easier when you don’t have those expectations of history of winning championships.

It’s a different kind of fandom still rooting your team on faithfully without as much hope for success. It’s why I always will appreciate those fans in New Orleans with bags over their heads for decades or those in the Dogpound in Cleveland which have never seen a Super Bowl.

My issue isn’t as much about winning as not having an owners priority to winning placing his selfish ambitions and ego above all else.
The only way ANY franchise gets to be a dominant SB player every year is if they LUCK intyo Patrick Mahomes. The Pats had no clue they had Brady.... hell, he was almost undrafted. There were ten teams that drafted and didnt take Mahomes, so they hadnt a clue. The Chiefs took him, but certainly had no idea they were getting possibly the GOAT of QBs.

Other than that, its a year to year hope and pray. Besides the Chiefs, NOBODY is great year to year. The great Iggles.... yea, theyw ere awesome late year. A team to be proud of.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Like I said, it’s not losing or having less success that’s so painful it’s that we don’t have an owner who’s willing to set aside his selfish ambitions and egos to bring in real football people to run football operations creating a dysfunctional organization and toxic atmosphere which undermines our coaching staff which translates to the performance.

Our ownership which is basically our FO has not built a championship caliber team. It has key weaknesses which prevents it from deeper runs in the playoffs and generally less success against better teams, coaching staffs and organizations.

Sounds like you’ve bought into the hype Jethro is peddling.
yep...... its one spot, the QB. You think if we had Mahomes last year we dont win a Super Bowl? We could have Barney Fife calling plays last year with Mahomes, and we are holding up the Lombardi.