Why this team is not a threat to contend for a Super Bowl

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys are too up and down and inconsistent. They’re a team that flips the switch on and off. They can look awful one week against a hapless team like the Jets and look great the following week against a contending team like Philly. The talent is there but the coaching continues to be a major issue. We continue to waste talent with inadequate coaching.

nobody

Reaction score
Because it's actually standard practice for refs in that situation. At the time of this, a couple reporters started digging around on FG footage and XP footage and found examples of refs doing this in other games.

Per the NFL statement at that time, they started doing this for player safety reasons to prevent players from hitting the long snapper in the head or neck when he wasn't looking.

In other words, it was another Patriots conspiracy that died a quick death.

Oh, cool. Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't intend it to sound like a Patriots-specific theory. I'm of the opinion that the refs are corrupt league-wide

Mobinvans

Reaction score
The NFL is just stupid in throwing flags period

No one watches football for the officiating

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The larger issue is that when you get to the playoffs, coaching then is at a premium because talent advantages tend to start to get mitigated because most playoff teams have talented rosters.

And until Garrett and this staff can show they can consistently draw up good game plans, make the right in game adjustments, mitigate any tells or predictability they have shown in the past, it's hard to be confident that this team can win 2-3 playoff games in a row.
This is so true about this team’s coaching problem. Talent alone can’t win a championship. Yet our owner has made it clear since 1994 that he doesn’t think great coaching is critical. (“500 guys could coach this team”)

That is the philosophy that is the self inflicted wound of this organization. If the owner/GM still believes having a strong HC isn’t that important (even after more than 20 years of evidence to the contrary), I don’t know how to overcome that just with talent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 penalties for 103 yards

We committed these idiotic penalties and got away last night because we were playing the hapless Giants. But you do that against quality opponents and you will get your head handed to you. What is worse, is that there is not one iota of improvement in this category. Since the time Garrett was hired as coach, this team has suffered from penalties and it continues year in and year out. Short of Garrett being fired, what is it going to take to stop committing these idiotic penalties?

-Cowboys turn the ball over...………….clappy the clown clapps
-Cowboys score a TD, clappy the clown is patting fannies
-Cowboys players are getting dumb penalties...…...Clappy the clown does nothing

What does clappy the clown do?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at Garrett's decade long tenure as HC and this has been a problem more times than they haven't.

So lets point out what Garretts teams are known for:

-Starting out slow
-Being predictable
-Being conservative
-under performing
-Being undisciplined
-getting out coached

Did I forget anything?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why can't the refs help us like they do the Patriots?

lexutai7cqtfnw5v83r6.gif

Wow...I missed this one. That's unbelievable. :omg:

Cmac

Reaction score
Highly overrated.....and with inferior coaching and player development.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
So lets point out what Garretts teams are known for:

-Starting out slow
-Being predictable
-Being conservative
-under performing
-Being undisciplined
-getting out coached

Did I forget anything?

Having JG as a coach. :rolleyes: