Why was Zeke out of the game?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well when you are the only RB on the roster for the game. And you run 15 straight plays, can you blame any player for doing that.

This is way overboard on Zeke taking himself out of the game crap. Fans just want to always hate on him. It makes themselves feel better I guess.

He does it with Pollard playing too at critical times inside the red zone..usually after he does the feed me sign. It doesn't make sense. I love Zeke but he can't take himself out of the game in critical spots to rest

Brooksey

Reaction score
We were so thin playing college FB, we played both ways and special teams..I don't remember anyone ever taking themselves out.....Ever.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It wasn't just Zeke. Demarcus Lawrence took himself out of the game a lot last night too or so it seemed. I have no idea what the Cowboys policy is on guys taking themselves out but I recall when Zeke used to stay in almost every play.
Let's face it they all smoke weed. For all its benefits it does not supply motivation and endurance

aria

Reaction score
I thought Zeke was a 90 million dollar work horse? Work horses don’t take themselves out of games in critical situations. He’s more like a 90 million dollar diva show pony that likes to flaunt himself after meaningless plays.

Thanks for saddling us up on this overpaid equine for at least a few more years Jerrah!

blueblood70

Reaction score
On third and 4 on the 24 why was Zeke the guy we just paid a fortune out of the game . Why was some scrub who never plays the intended target on such an important play and why was he unprepared .

We came away with no points on that possession because our kicker missed again but should have been able to drive in for a TD if Zeke was in shape enough to play instead of on the sideline .

This possession changed the game IMO and sealed Garretts fate with another coaching error in a big moment

this is not on Zeke, it was designed Play while he was out.. did it matte,r this wasn't even on the FB.. sure critical play blown by DAK..

Lets check to whom is at fault ,

last game similar play would have been walk in TD, someone passed the ball at the ground near his feet, this game a few more to EE uncatchable...balls being thrown high, low behind wormburners all night.. if I had to guess Olalalwe read the play correctly and Dak panicked threw a hot route when he should have saw Olalwale run the called play..regardless cant hold EE responsible for bad execution while he missed one play!!

Dak had bad night., Zeke getting 90% of the RB load every game doesnt include just runs, he blocks, runs out in routes and in this game was only RB available.. he has to come out sometimes.. jeez

you do realize Zekes not the issue this year, it bad playcalling, scheming, and decsions and throws by the QB of late. Zeke started off the GB, NE, BIlls and CHI games HOt nearly 6YPC having 60-70 yards at the half, in the first half ,only to have the defense and poor pass game put us in the whole and the coach panic an stop handing it to our best players..

IDC about what Zeke makes he got paid, ive watched all year and recently he could have had some huge stats but game situations have caused his great starts to be wasted..

EE is not the issue to th haters that have been trolling him since his deal..

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Another question is why did this team go with a fullback for their backup RB?

Why not promote a RB for the week when they put Connor on IR and it was looking like Pollard would miss the game.

The OT they signed was inactive...

Both practice squad options were injured and didn't practice during the week. Suffice to say its a situation this team knew they could be in from the very beginning. Perhaps they forgot Randall Cobb has played some running back in his day.

John813

Reaction score
Both practice squad options were injured and didn't practice during the week. Suffice to say its a situation this team knew they could be in from the very beginning. Perhaps they forgot Randall Cobb has played some running back in his day.

Well that answers that. Is Alf still a FA?

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Well that answers that. Is Alf still a FA?

He's with AZ. I'm sure their are viable options in FA but honestly whats the point? You paid a HB and a FB who's basically a HB in disguise. latter just needs to suck it up and play better.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He needed a blow? lol Are you kidding me? Needed a blow? What a participation trophy millennial thing to say. The best guys on the team don't take themselves out for a blow on critical downs...that's weak, that's what wrong with this organization.. 25 years of this country club non-sense.

Needed a blow on 3rd and 4... lmao.

romonumberone

Reaction score
They should never have went with only the FB as a backup..... did they not learn anything from the Jets game and going in shorthanded at WR. Also on a critical 3rd & 4.... really the play of the game.... why is Dak throwing it to the FB? Did he not learn anything from the end of the Vikings game? Go to Amari, or Cobb, or Gallup.

Also when Dak threw it the FB was not open. He would not have made the 1st down even if he caught the ball. The LB was waiting on him. The only chance the play had to work was to have the FB keep running a fly route and separate from the LB. And again did we not see Dak do that low percentage pass play with Jarwin at the end of the Bill's game that did not work.

These guys are so stubborn. They do not have flexibility on the game situation.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It wasn't just Zeke. Demarcus Lawrence took himself out of the game a lot last night too or so it seemed. I have no idea what the Cowboys policy is on guys taking themselves out but I recall when Zeke used to stay in almost every play.

Cowboys policy? You do realize this happens to every team around the league? Some of you guys think this is the old days where players play every single snap. Doesn't happen any longer. This is not a Cowboys thing at all. You think the coaches are going to force a guy out there who wants out for a breather? Not going to happen.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They should never have went with only the FB as a backup..... did they not learn anything from the Jets game and going in shorthanded at WR. Also on a critical 3rd & 4.... really the play of the game.... why is Dak throwing it to the FB? Did he not learn anything from the end of the Vikings game? Go to Amari, or Cobb, or Gallup.

Also when Dak threw it the FB was not open. He would not have made the 1st down even if he caught the ball. The LB was waiting on him. The only chance the play had to work was to have the FB keep running a fly route and separate from the LB. And again did we not see Dak do that low percentage pass play with Jarwin at the end of the Bill's game that did not work.

These guys are so stubborn. They do not have flexibility on the game situation.

Nope he was open and would have easily got the 1st down. Clear as day. He would have been in stride just a few yards from the first and in full gear. LB there or not. That should have been an easy 1st down.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope he was open and would have easily got the 1st down. Clear as day. He would have been in stride just a few yards from the first and in full gear. LB there or not. That should have been an easy 1st down.
Exactly right. It would have been an easy first down if Olawale and Dak were on the same page, but clearly they weren't.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Impossible. I was told just the other day that Lawrence is a top DE in the NFL and is earning his money with his play this season. Please confirm your sources.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He wanted to get a head start on a Chicago style pizza.

Well........ I gotta be honest, that's about the one thing you could have said that I would say, "Yeah.... yeah I guess........." I mean, truthfully, a good Chicago Style Pizza is much more important, much more interesting then anything related to this team this year IMO.