Why we lost

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Which is why I don't engage in it. I hate agenda driven drivel.

Yes, Dak was OK. Decent. Not great, not horrible. Yes, he kept the game interesting. Made some nice plays. And on the flip side, way way too many 3 and outs. Missed some easy passes.

I find it extremely strange that you picked my post to make some more tired Dak proclamations. I did not bash him, and did not blame the loss on him. Looking at the game as a whole, he was OK. Could've been better.

I wish you guys that can't talk about anything but Dak would keep it in the Dak threads. Make this a much better board.

What are you going on about? You said Dak was mediocre. I responded. If you read my posts you'd know I talk about a lot more than Dak. Sorry that you feel my disagreement with you hurts the integrity of the board. Go eat a Snickers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes. I remember that clearly. Tbe ref was literally 10 ft away.
Made me think, it wouldn't be a huge issue, but then don't flag us with a BS hands to the face on Jones. That was severely ticky - tack

kskboys

Reaction score
What are you going on about? You said Dak was mediocre. I responded. If you read my posts you'd know I talk about a lot more than Dak. Sorry that you feel my disagreement with you hurts the integrity of the board. Go eat a Snickers.
Ah, got it. Throw out some insults, then act innocent!!!!!!!!

Casual fans who don't get football do talk about the QB incessantly. Nice!!!!!!!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve now been to two divisional away games ..Minnesota and LA. We lost both. I put some of this on me...so can’t go to away divisional games anymore. Sorry

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ah, got it. Throw out some insults, then act innocent!!!!!!!!

Casual fans who don't get football do talk about the QB incessantly. Nice!!!!!!!

Where exactly did I insult you? Typically I find you to be a pretty insightful guy. If anyone is being insulting it is you. Maybe have 2 Snickers.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak had his moments but as a whole turned in a decent game. The fourth down stop where Zeke ran into the entire rams d was a crap call. Easy to say when it goes badly but Id have liked to of seen us run another read option or something outside. The rams lines were tough all game.
https://pasteboard.co/HWqJMI9.png

Where is the gap - what was the quick and easy call by Dak? Does he want a written invitation?

kskboys

Reaction score
Where exactly did I insult you? Typically I find you to be a pretty insightful guy. If anyone is being insulting it is you. Maybe have 2 Snickers.
I agree, I overreacted. Apologies.

Accusing me of bashing Dak wasn't exactly gentlemanly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had several "bad" throws. There is a difference between a bad throw and a crap throw. The one to Gallup, which in my mind was a big key to killing a possible momentum swing, was a crap throw. The TD pass to Cooper on the first drive was a "bad" throw. It was a typical Dak throw. What I mean by that is late and behind the receiver. Most of his down field passes are BEHIND receivers. Cooper had to nearly stop to catch that pass. Watch the replay and pay attention. He beat his defender like a drum and that should have been a much better placed ball.

So your complaining about a few bad throws? Typical petty troll nonsense.

I had originally thought the Gallop throw was bad, but upon further review, Dak was hit on the play.

CPanther95

Reaction score
If McVay had been given a chance to implement his game plan, chances are the Cowboys would have lost for entirely different reasons than the run D.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
we lost because we didn't wear the right shoes , heck with getting better DL we just need to update our footwear

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’ve now been to two divisional away games ..Minnesota and LA. We lost both. I put some of this on me...so can’t go to away divisional games anymore. Sorry

So YOURE the culprit! Will you get in the cauldron willingly, or will it take force?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Losing both sides of the line of scrimmage in my view was the leading cause. Dallas could not run the ball as LA often times penetrated the back field and Dallas front 7 never could stop the Rams running. I had mentioned leading up to that game about CJ Anderson as a guy not to sleep on and he along with Gurley ate our lunch but much credit was the LA OL. 2 RB over 100 yards. Rams controlled the clock and the game.

Agreed. We clearly lost it in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. It wasn't Zeke, it wasn't Dak, and it wasn't our receivers. The trenches weren't the only problem, but that was the biggest problem. Poor play calling at times also hurt us.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
1. Couldn't stop the run. Need more talent on the DLine
2. Couldn't pressure Goff. Need more talent on the DLine.
3. Dak was mediocre, needed to be better.
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.

Where is ZEKE? If Dak was mediocre, Zeke was worse, he refused to use his speed on the edge. Just ran up the middle, strength of Rams DL.