Why we lost

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Personally I thought Dak played a pretty decent game. He made some nice passes to Cooper and Gallup. If the defense had controlled the run better, Dak just might've won that game. The Dak haters won't admit it, but that's to be expected.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Mostly correct there KSK.....but when you keep drafting Off-lineman and investing huge Cap dollars there what do you expect when it comes to having a STUD def line?

Offline did the best they could they were playing all game long STOP the Zeke where was our QB to gut them out????
Only After they jumped to a big lead and gave Dak room the threw some nice balls....
I was so pissed that Dak was MIA in the first half other than the opening drive. The NFL commentators on a show said Dak must get better on 3rd down conversion. Being an NFL QB means converting 3rd downs and he played better late in the game but he didnt do it early on to help the defense.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Without a doubt ksk. Rams running game killed us. If we could've stopped that run a few times and got the ball back we might've won that game.

Totally agree , What I cant figure out is how they were that Dominant over our defense . If they had 100 -120 yrds against us on the ground that would have been a dominant performance .
But to let Gurley and his backup each have that much something had to be far more wrong than just being physically superior to us . We were getting schooled and not making the right adjustments . It isn't like they have pro Bowlers all across there O line heck the guy from the Bengals is 37 yrs old . It just makes no sense how we were manhandled in that fashion.

Our lack of being able to run at Suh , Donald and Brockers made sense to me .

Them being able to run the ball like that and control the clock made it virtually impossible to win even though we played a very mistake free game as mistake free as any team could ever expect to play IMO .

We did not beat ourselves but it sure looked like a college team running against a HS team out there .

Were we that physically Dominated or Coached that far out of position to let this happen . I need to watch tape and find out .

Blackrain

Reaction score
Personally I thought Dak played a pretty decent game. He made some nice passes to Cooper and Gallup. If the defense had controlled the run better, Dak just might've won that game. The Dak haters won't admit it, but that's to be expected.

Dak played as good a game as we could ever expect , NO INTS Fumbles . The one Bogus in the grasp sack . Threw and ran for TDs . Our Oline got owned and as a result we got no rush yrds from Zeke . That said If the D could have stopped the run a couple times it would have given Dak some more chances . We needed the ball a bit more .

Hadenough

Reaction score
What I cant figure out is how they were that Dominant over our defense
The Cowboys team was just completely worn out from too many close games and then shot thier load against Seattle. They had nothing left for a well rested Rams team. The coaches of the Rams main focus was Zeke while the Cowboys main focus were the Rams WR instead of Rams running game.

Reaction score
You completely forgot an O-line that lost their All Pro Center before the season, their All Pro LT with several health issues, & their All Pro OG with a bum knee. Only one team gave up more sacks than this one. A wounded line can't move a great one.
The offense didn't give the defense much help. Get healthy & draft some linemen-on both sides of the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Losing both sides of the line of scrimmage in my view was the leading cause. Dallas could not run the ball as LA often times penetrated the back field and Dallas front 7 never could stop the Rams running. I had mentioned leading up to that game about CJ Anderson as a guy not to sleep on and he along with Gurley ate our lunch but much credit was the LA OL. 2 RB over 100 yards. Rams controlled the clock and the game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
1. Couldn't stop the run. Need more talent on the DLine
2. Couldn't pressure Goff. Need more talent on the DLine.
3. Dak was mediocre, needed to be better.
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.
We are not advancing past the Div round until Clappy is gone so the rest really doesn’t matter

ItzKelz

Reaction score
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.
Kris got out coached.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Dak mediocre??? You can't be serious. That offensive scheme was a disaster (again). Dak kept the game at least interesting.

The Dak bashing is just astounding to me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott did enough to win. He had a couple bad throws, but all QBs do and he put up a decent performance and scored.

The O line got completely man-handled by LA. We were out of balance and couldn't run the ball.
Our D line got completely man-handled. So penetration, no winning at the point of attack. No pressure.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Cowboys team was just completely worn out from too many close games and then shot thier load against Seattle. They had nothing left for a well rested Rams team. The coaches of the Rams main focus was Zeke while the Cowboys main focus were the Rams WR instead of Rams running game.

We were banged up pretty good all around and the Rams Oline had been healthy all year so maybe that was the difference . Would sure have liked us to have that extra week to heal up . We did play a bunch of tough games in a row .

Just surprising to see what we viewed as our strength in stopping the run be so totally taken from us. I expected Gurley to get around a 100yrds but to allow CJ Anderson that much yardage was shocking IMO

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Think the Cowboys lost this one when they started the season 3-5. Look at the way the divisional games played out. The Colts and Chargers both were smoked, and their quarterbacks -- very good quarterbacks -- looked awful. Even the Eagles, after having scored two quick touchdowns, never scored again. The higher seeds won all four games and dominated three of them (though the Cowboys game was close on the scoreboard).

The Cowboys looked like a team that played a tough playoff game and traveled to the West Coast for a second game against a rested opponent. The Chargers looked like a West Coast team that made back-to-back trips east. The Colts looked like a team that played one high pressure game after another, after a slow start to the season, and simply ran out of gas. The same could be said for the Cowboys.

The more parity evens the talent pool, the more difficult it is for teams to overcome fatigue and spent emotion. The Rams were better than the Cowboys, but the Rams OL was not better than the Dallas DL to that level of domination. The Cowboys looked like a tired, beaten up team. I think that's what they were.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Wild Card teams have been less successful in the divisional round than they were in the past. Rather I think the first round byes have become more valuable.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Their D and Olines were clearly prepared for our schemes.
Our offensive coaches did not adjust soon enough nor often enough until too late and even then they reverted to what wan't working.
Defense played prevent? What were they thinking? Man coverage was working earlier this season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak mediocre??? You can't be serious. That offensive scheme was a disaster (again). Dak kept the game at least interesting.

The Dak bashing is just astounding to me.
Which is why I don't engage in it. I hate agenda driven drivel.

Yes, Dak was OK. Decent. Not great, not horrible. Yes, he kept the game interesting. Made some nice plays. And on the flip side, way way too many 3 and outs. Missed some easy passes.

I find it extremely strange that you picked my post to make some more tired Dak proclamations. I did not bash him, and did not blame the loss on him. Looking at the game as a whole, he was OK. Could've been better.

I wish you guys that can't talk about anything but Dak would keep it in the Dak threads. Make this a much better board.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I remember a handful of plays where LA just stomped Dallas in the dirt. One in particular, after Elliott go stopped the defender used his helmet to get up and pushed it down.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Rams

holding every freaking play has a little to do with it.

The long td run by Gurley... Heath was being held by his facemask and shoulder by Whitworth...unreal no call there.

Linehan and Prescott are huge reasons as well.
I wish someone could tell me how many holds we had in our favor for the season. Seemed like very few.

Was the Rams only penalty the one that we declined to accept?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I remember a handful of plays where LA just stomped Dallas in the dirt. One in particular, after Elliott go stopped the defender used his helmet to get up and pushed it down.
Yes. I remember that clearly. Tbe ref was literally 10 ft away.