Why we lost

Creeper

Reaction score
I understand the refs let them play in the playoffs. There were some really blatant holding calls, like on the Rams last TD. Charlton was basically tackled by his head to the ground right at the point of attack and it wasn't called. I get it. But then why call that silly illegal use of hands on Byron Jones? That was so incidental and ticky tack on a huge 3rd down stop by Dallas. There were far worse infractions not called than that one. It was bizarre.

And what was that in the grasp call? I mean the refs have to pay attention and watch the game. I have no idea what Dak m ay have done with the ball had he been allowed to continue teh play but what if that was a potential first down? The Cowboys may have gotten another score.

The refs didn;t cost the Cowboys the game. Not stopping the run killed them. The Rams offense had them off balance all night long. Its amazing what a good OC can do for a team.

RD21

Reaction score
Byron caught the guys face mask and turned his head. That gets called every time.
I don't see it that way. I saw the WR getting handsie too, & Byron pushing him off of him, & grazing the guy. I saw legit hands to the face against several of our Dlineman, multiple times, never called. Along with multiple tackles/holds never called. Not one. We got hosed period.

ICP

Reaction score
We lost the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was a miracle we stayed that close. I think that really shows the heart this team has. I do think Linehan and Garrett gotta go but doubt the carrot is going anywhere. We Ned to sign some war daddy run stopper in the off season and get a quality QB coach to work with Dak on his accuracy because that's one of the things that killed us tonight.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you break football down to its simplest form in order to be successful, you must be able to block and tackle. We lost both battles tonight. If you lose on both those areas, 9 times out of 10 you lose the game.

Blocking and tackling. The trenches. Football 101.

And they have a head coach that is light years ahead of ours.

ICP

Reaction score
When you break football down to its simplest form in order to be successful, you must be able to block and tackle. We lost both battles tonight. If you lose on both those areas, 9 times out of 10 you lose the game.

Blocking and tackling. The trenches. Football 101.

And they have a head coach that is light years ahead of ours.
The question is will Jerry and company ever wake up and see that? There's a he'll of alot of talent on this roster, a great coach and OC and DC could take this team over the top along with a couple of key free agent acquisitions

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
1. Couldn't stop the run. Need more talent on the DLine
2. Couldn't pressure Goff. Need more talent on the DLine.
3. Dak was mediocre, needed to be better.
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.
I would go with pinning all your hopes and dreams of playing winning football on Jason Garrett.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. I saw the WR getting handsie too, & Byron pushing him off of him, & grazing the guy. I saw legit hands to the face against several of our Dlineman, multiple times, never called. Along with multiple tackles/holds never called. Not one. We got hosed period.
Quite possible.

However, think of the speed of the game. Refs don't get to view it in slow mo. So, what they look for is jerseys being pulled, heads turning, bodies changing course, stuff like that. You simply cannot put your hands in a guy's face mask. This was a bad booboo by Jones.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Dak played Dak football, & turned in a performance good enough to win.

If the defense would've showed up, & made a couple key stops... we win the game, even with losing the trench battle.

The thing is, I don't feel we played terrible today, I think they are just a better team. I haven't felt that way about many losses. Today we were just outmatched phsycially.

While, I could nit pick a play call or two.... it's hard to hate on Garrett. He's grown a set lately, & turning into a coach finally.

Biggest offseason needs/wants: A new OC, & some trench help. We NEED some beef on the Dline. THAT was very apparent today.

Oh. We got hosed by the refs today as well. They made MULTIPLE game changing calls that went against us. 1. ticky tack hands to the face. They would've had to punt. Instead they scored a TD. 2. *** was that "in the grasp" BS...? Ended a drive of ours. 3. BLATANT holding on their 4th & goal TD. Watch that replay, & tell me they shouldn't have been called for holding. That alone could've changed the outcome. They also let several blatant calls go, that would've helped us. Ridiculous.

The Defense, especially the line is to blame for us losing. However, take away just those three calls/no calls, & the outcome could very well have been, us playing next week.
Agreed. Plus, Zeke running out of bounds with 2:19 left in the first half and yet somehow the refs allowed the cheating home scoreboard operator to keep the clock going till it reached the 2 minute warning. I was like what the hell? That was 19 seconds they purposefully stole. Then on the long Gallup play, they marked him at the 2. CLEARLY he was just inside the 1. They even replayed it and those bassterds kept it on the 2.

These are BLATANT and NOT MISTAKES. No one makes these mistakes. They are on purpose my friend. This is a conspiracy to keep Dallas down. Plain and simple.

Had all of these things been handled honestly, I think Dallas wins this game.

Last edited:

cheyennes

Reaction score
Defensive game plan was pathetic, never change the front, no adjust well the ofensive formations, we dont use any type blitzes.
Rod and Kriss loss this game

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Confirmation bias.

Zeke played well, one of the few bright spots.
Zeke played well, K? When?

When Dak literally ran over 2 D-linemen and a LB, with no blocking in front of him, to get that yard into the endzone for a TD, but Zeke 4-5 times couldn't even run over a Ram opponent on 1 yards needed for 1st downs, that tells me Zeke actually didn't play well or show up at all.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
1. We invested the 4th overall pick in an RB that had zero impact against the 32nd ranked run defense
He actually did have an impact our QB isn't consistent enough to take advantage of it. They sold out to take care of the run but we couldn't make them pay for it consistently. That's on bad scheme and QB play IMO.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
We lost cause of coaching! How do you go from stopping the seahawks running game and a mobile qb like russell wilson to getting gashed for 250 vs the rams.

The rams knew we struggle vs placation. They knew we like to swarm to the ball. Sean Mccvay used those both against us. We played with hesitation instead of reacting to plays like we've done all year.

We weren't ready on defense. Far too conservative on offense. Coaching matters in the nfl. Jerry will never understand this.