Why we lost

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
1. Couldn't stop the run. Need more talent on the DLine
2. Couldn't pressure Goff. Need more talent on the DLine.
3. Dak was mediocre, needed to be better.
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.

We lost because we went out there in the Jumbo pkg which hasn't won beans at the Playoff Level in 22 years . We don't have a te core worthy of playing every snap.

This coaching staff is inept. Same pathetic 4th-1 one back set stuff play.

No rb tandems, no slot wr tandems. We rotate all the skilled players around the sorry tes while they got a free pass to play every passing snap but never produce.

There is no way to have a good enough defense and special teams to overcome this ignorance. What has a tight end for the Cowboys done as a receiver to warrants all the passing snaps? Absolutely nothing! This ignorant coaching staff leaves them out there even though they don't score but one touchdown all year.

All we are ever concerned about is competing for the league's leading rusher title. Zeke is never enough

This team was not playoff caliber lol. Y'all drank too much of the old spiked koolaide. Now we can fire this coaching staff and kill off the everydown te position that is a losing scheme

I layed the 7 points and took the Ram's because i didn't fall for the hype. It should have been 42-20 but the Rams played pretty flat in the red zone. Anyone who took my advice has stacks of green in their pockets

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

But on 1., what happened to our all star LBs? That's who I expect to be stopping the run. And that sure didn't happen.

Did you see that sideline shot with Richard ranting to LVE and Lee. LVE looked like he had been in a WWI trench for a month. Totally shell shocked.

I like that Richard stepped up and took responsibility after the game.

Something you didn't mention, but I bet their hurry up offense contributed to our problems. Not as glaring as the GB playoff loss, but players looked gassed and confused. Every team should play us that way, particularly the offensively balanced ones like the Rams who don't have to change their personnel for down and distance.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak had his moments but as a whole turned in a decent game. The fourth down stop where Zeke ran into the entire rams d was a crap call. Easy to say when it goes badly but Id have liked to of seen us run another read option or something outside. The rams lines were tough all game.

Going back to 2017, teams dare us to make the QB and WRs beat them. Until the OC, QB, and WRs can and will take that dare and win, we'll always be a limited offense.

We've got Cooper, ad big, strong, athletic QB, and the best RB in the league. But we're not willing to go play action and let Dak run or throw to Cooper.

Running behind the LG is running with our weakness at their strength. At least run behind Martin for an interior run.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Rams

holding every freaking play has a little to do with it.

The long td run by Gurley... Heath was being held by his facemask and shoulder by Whitworth...unreal no call there.

Linehan and Prescott are huge reasons as well.

Yup...NFL played their part as well. Rams O-line mugged their way to a victory. D-Law was being held all night long.:banghead:

Still...Kris Richard's game plan was just horrific. I'm betting he didn't even look @ film this week...thinkng he could just just keep doing what he's been doing for the last 6 weeks and everything would be fine...and he could do his interviews...and no one would be the wiser.

That was about as vanilla of a game plan we had all season.:angry:

We didn't adjust to anything. And played on our heels the entire night...:(

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What has a tight end for the Cowboys done as a receiver to warrants all the passing snaps? Absolutely nothing! This ignorant coaching staff leaves them out there even though they don't score but one touchdown all year.

"We play our game. Next man up!"

We treat our players like interchangeable cogs. We don't adjust for the evident lack of talent. Jarwin, Schulz, Rico, Noah Brown. All borderline roster players. Maybe 40% of skill player snaps? Maybe more?

Beasley and Jarwin being injured surely hurt us.

Another mystery in our player management.

What about Tavon? Was he really that injured? He actually had big plays for us last week. Why is Jourdan Lewis returning kicks instead of Tavon? Why isn't Tavon featured in the offense that had so many Less Than JAGs on the field?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Good thing is we scored 22 points with our embarrassing playbook .

22 points should be enough for any team to win against the best offense in the league ? :rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why we lost....

Conner Williams got no push in the run game. Neither did Looney.

Sean Lee got exposed.

LVE was on the bench...

Antwaan Woods was overwhelmed w/ double teams...and worn down.

We got out coached...out schemed.

No pressure on Goff in the passing game.

Kris Richard stuck w/ the nickle defense way too long....and allowed us to get gashed.

We got away from what got us here...and that was the ball control power running game. We just couldn't control the line of scrimmage w/o Filo.

fansince68

Reaction score
When you lose the battle in the trenches, everything is much much harder.
True. But we needed to NOT run Zeke into the heart of that defense ALL game. We refused to realize that our methodical method of offense was not working. Middle of the 3rd qtr I was begging us to go no huddle. Nope run Zeke up the middle is mostly all I got. Even when we did try to run wide, there was no receiver to that side of the field and the lbs would clean it up.

CapnB

Reaction score
Never fails, seems like every game we've lost this year there has been crazy never before seen penalties or just weird calls. The calls went with how the team played tonight. the whole game was odd.

As far as running the ball on the 4 and 1. There was a hole to Zekes left, he would have gotten at least 2. But, he ran to the right side of his lineman which was the way the lineman was blocking his man. In my opinion, zeke didnt make the correct read. that play was on him.

In every game we've lost. it seems the play calling is the same. Ive given Dak a lot of flack. But i can see one big reason why he has struggled and thats play calling. He cant get in a good rhythm when the play calling is a run play every 1st down. Dak has a butt load of stuff to work on and i think he will. But he's gotta get help with a new play caller.

This game reminded me of the Colts game. They controlled the clock and the line of scrimmage. Have to get an upgrade in the interior of the dline. People have been screaming for it for years. And until they do, each season is gonna end like this.

lukin2006

Reaction score
3. Dak was mediocre, needed to be better.
4. Playcalling was not good. Example: Running into a stacked middle on 4th down. Oh, and into what might be the best DLine in the league.
5. Lack of aggression on D. It looked like we were playing prevent the whole game.
6. Lost the battle at the LOS. Both sides of the ball. This one ties in w/ 1 and 2.

There are many smaller reasons, of course, there always are, but these are the biggies.

I hate RM scheme. Our D has talent that a proper DC would be able to design plays to take advantage of our speed and get after the QB. RM is a joke, fire that clown now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is why we lost.

The Rams offensive line dominated the game and the schemes confused our young defensive line. sheesh.. I'm the most negative poster on here, but even I can see we got out coached on both sides of the ball.

:hammer:they ran pretty much the same thing over and over and our player STILL could stop it. As Troy said, we didn't have an answer. Wouldn't surprise me if they did little or practice for the scheme coz it certainly as if they were caught off guard.

Otherwords, your D being dominated by an over-weight RB off the street tells you all need to know.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The defense got punched in the mouth and then choked the ***** out. The defense got sleaze-slapped all night long. They got kicked around like some hippy's old hackey sack.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
The Rams

holding every freaking play has a little to do with it.

The long td run by Gurley... Heath was being held by his facemask and shoulder by Whitworth...unreal no call there.

Linehan and Prescott are huge reasons as well.

I find it funny that most people are failing to note that the Rams are a REALLY good FB Team. Could it be they're just better at all positions? Especially the QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Never fails, seems like every game we've lost this year there has been crazy never before seen penalties or just weird calls. The calls went with how the team played tonight. the whole game was odd.

As far as running the ball on the 4 and 1. There was a hole to Zekes left, he would have gotten at least 2. But, he ran to the right side of his lineman which was the way the lineman was blocking his man. In my opinion, zeke didnt make the correct read. that play was on him.

In every game we've lost. it seems the play calling is the same. Ive given Dak a lot of flack. But i can see one big reason why he has struggled and thats play calling. He cant get in a good rhythm when the play calling is a run play every 1st down. Dak has a butt load of stuff to work on and i think he will. But he's gotta get help with a new play caller.

This game reminded me of the Colts game. They controlled the clock and the line of scrimmage. Have to get an upgrade in the interior of the dline. People have been screaming for it for years. And until they do, each season is gonna end like this.
Agreed.

:hammer:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
"We play our game. Next man up!"

We treat our players like interchangeable cogs. We don't adjust for the evident lack of talent. Jarwin, Schulz, Rico, Noah Brown. All borderline roster players. Maybe 40% of skill player snaps? Maybe more?

Beasley and Jarwin being injured surely hurt us.

Another mystery in our player management.

What about Tavon? Was he really that injured? He actually had big plays for us last week. Why is Jourdan Lewis returning kicks instead of Tavon? Why isn't Tavon featured in the offense that had so many Less Than JAGs on the field?

Yup.

We lost Tony Romo in 2015 and ran the same offense with Matt Cassell.

We had no discernible number 1 WR at the start of the year and ran the same offense.

We have Looney who performs admirably but treat him like he is Frederick.

The coaching on this team sucks.

visionary

Reaction score
How? This is just stupidity at its finest.

This off season Jerry is going to re-sign and pay Garrett, Prescott, D Law, Byron Jones, and Cooper. Once again we will pay top dollar for over hyped mediocre players who disappear come crunch time

That is stupidity at its finest and it's all on jerry because all he wants is to be 'relevant '

Snuggle up to your Jerry pillow tightly tonight
Long years of continued relevance and mediocrity coming up