Why We Lost

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Can't say we outplayed them. If not for some really bad TO's and drops on their part, they score a lot more. Our D really didn't stop them all night. Brady was drinking coffee and eating doughnuts in the pocket. Could've performed surgery in the pocket, it was so clean.

When he's not eating donuts, he has that REALLY quick release.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The good news is that getting back Gallimore and Hill is probably going to significantly enhance the up the middle push which will help the ends get home. We know that those two are really the only DTs on the squad who can play on the other side of the line of scrimmage.. Here's hoping we can survive until they get back..
I hope so because our DL really needs it, and it showed in the TB game. I was really disappointed when Gallimore got hurt.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady had a clean pocket all night. I only remember us even hitting him one time.

Yes, there were other reasons, there are always several, but that was the biggie. If you don't pressure Brady, he wins almost every time. Find a way.

excuse # 1

It's the DEFENSE dummy......

P.S.The same defense which gave you 4 TO and we still lost!:huh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Exactly the opposite. Brady will tear coverage apart. He's done so consistently throughout his career, and has only been stopped by pressure. History, man, study it.

Brown and whoever was covering Gronk was getting dominated off the line. When the QB gets to his back foot and he sees his first read if the defender has rerouted the receiver towards help or otherwise got dominant leverage, the QB will move to his second read. This process is repeated and each time the defense succeeds you either get a throw into coverage or time elapses.

Similarly, the three step drop means the DE only gets 3 steps unless coverage can force more time. To put things in perspective many rushes see the OT engaged on the second step. So if the rusher completely dominates the blocker they get one more step and the ball is out.

I'm not talking about scheme. I'm talking about better coverage off the snap by individual defenders.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Our front office built a skilled offense with no defense. What do you expect? We actually won the takeaways 4-1 and it didn't help. TB also had 11 penalties to overcome. Some of those takeaways helped lead us to points and even if we made the short FG and XP it's likely TB scores on us to win. They kicked the FG on purpose not necessity. Atleast we held Jones to a couple yards rushing and Fournette didn't do too much.

We played Dime most of three game.

no running game.