Why We Lost

Flamma

Reaction score
Brady had a clean pocket all night. I only remember us even hitting him one time.

Yes, there were other reasons, there are always several, but that was the biggie. If you don't pressure Brady, he wins almost every time. Find a way.

Yep. That's what I was worried about. If we put pressure on him I think Dallas wins that game. I've mentioned this several times already.

kskboys

Reaction score
Is that right . . . then my theory about selective Penalty Calls in order to manipulate the Out Come of Games stands true

Because its entertainment not Sport and the Mafia writes the Scripts
Completely agree on selective penalty calls. Unfortunately.

For example, the extremely obvious blatant push off by the receiver on the play that got Brady downfield on that last drive. That was almost as obvious as the NO noncall a couple years ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brady had a clean pocket all night. I only remember us even hitting him one time.

Yes, there were other reasons, there are always several, but that was the biggie. If you don't pressure Brady, he wins almost every time. Find a way.
I agree that was a big factor. A lot of times he gets rid of the ball too quickly to have much of a chance, but when the chance is there the team needs to make things happen. Give a QB of that quality time in the pocket and naturally he will hurt you.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. Coaches like Rex Ryan would be very creative when facing Brady. That's what I thought we would have from Quinn. Anything but. Maybe easy said than done, but I still expected to see something different
Creative can only go so far when your DLine is being owned at the LOS. What we really need is upfront disruption, period. That would solve most of our problems on D.

pansophy

Reaction score
And if we'd have gotten any pressure at all, we could've jammed the receivers. Lack of pressure let Brady do whatever he wanted.
Everyone wanted to pressure Marino too, but unless you can blanket receivers for a long time then good luck with that.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree that was a big factor. A lot of times he gets rid of the ball too quickly to have much of a chance, but when the chance is there the team needs to make things happen. Give a QB of that quality time in the pocket and naturally he will hurt you.
If you're getting pressure, you can do tighter coverage. You are forced to play off the receiver when there is not pressure. Not getting pressure creates a host of problems.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

agree

kskboys

Reaction score
Everyone wanted to pressure Marino too, but unless you can blanket receivers for a long time then good luck with that.
And in the playoffs when teams had good enough D's to bring pressure, Marino wasn't so great. No QB is.

Don't you want to be the team that can pressure good QB's?

blueblood70

Reaction score
And the above is now the top nomination for worst post of the year.

Seriously, it's like you didn't watch the game.

And to respond to your last line, your cheap insults are noted. Sad, dude, just sad.

all your posts are hollows useless bunch of bs wind bag stuff..you are WRONG! period there is a part of the game within the game and you just dont see it.. so get off the know it al whinefest..

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yes, it is. A top pass rusher can be stopped on a few plays by holding, yes. But to blame holding for ineptitude the entire game is simply inaccurate. At some point, a top pass rusher beats the block anyway. We see it all the time. DLaw was bad last night, bottom line.
There was no Ineptitude . . . Brady was not comfortable back there . . . He was forced to release the ball quicker then usual . . . And on a few plays the only this g that saved him from being Crushed was a hold . . . You are being too critical and your assessments are out of context.

All you wanna do is complain about his Contract.

Don t worry Lawrence looked Strong Fast and Hungry. . . He is gonna Feast this year

kskboys

Reaction score
all your posts are hollows useless bunch of bs wind bag stuff..you are WRONG! period there is a part of the game within the game and you just dont see it.. so get off the know it al whinefest..
When one has to resort to cheap insults, it directly points to that person admitting they lost the discussion/argument. You're losing badly. Might want to try a different site where there is no analyzing and discussion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
When one has to resort to cheap insults, it directly points to that person admitting they lost the discussion/argument. You're losing badly. Might want to try a different site where there is no analyzing and discussion.
no its not i say you are flat wrong, period end of story. Winning what?? is that what you think we are in here for? your debate is off way off and not even worth debating..

kskboys

Reaction score
There was no Ineptitude . . . Brady was not comfortable back there . . . He was forced to release the ball quicker then usual . . . And on a few plays the only this g that saved him from being Crushed was a hold . . . You are being too critical and your assessments are out of context.

All you wanna do is complain about his Contract.

Don t worry Lawrence looked Strong Fast and Hungry. . . He is gonna Feast this year
Man, are you reaching.

Brady was not uncomfortable aside from 3-4 plays.

Yes, I do complain about his contract and the way he did things. Refusing to get needed surgery so he wouldn't be good the season after he got paid is cheap sabotage. That's something only little crybabies do.

Out of context? That doesn't make sense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Which really means he was unable to get off the blocks. For 20 mil, holding should not stop him from getting pressure.

Okay I hope you're joking here because this is completely unreasonable. No DE in the game is going to get pressure if the refs are going to allow the 330 pound guy across from him to just bear hug him. I did get a chuckle when Collinsworth was going on and on about how Wirfs was throwing him around and they put up two consecutive replays of Lawrence punking Wirfs.. Reminds me of that time in the game against Pittsburgh last year when he was carrying on about how Zeke missed a hole and they put up a replay with a linebacker standing right in the hole Collinsworth claimed Zeke should have hit. I am starting to think the guys in the truck don't like Collinsworth.. or just enjoy getting a laugh at his expense.