Why we need defense in 2021

starfan1

Reaction score
caleb Farley. I like Surtain. he is solid, but his ceiling is lower than Farley.....

I am concerned about Parsons. He is an off the ball LB, based on what I have read. not worth a top 5 pick.

Outside of Fields,Lawrence and Sewell Im not sure anybody is top 5 worthy. I hope we can trade down if not Parsons or Farley or Surtain will work for me.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Outside of Fields,Lawrence and Sewell Im not sure anybody is top 5 worthy. I hope we can trade down if not Parsons or Farley or Surtain will work for me.
I like that strategy of trading down, perhaps to the 10-12 spot......and getting additional picks...ala New England approach to draft.

I think this year more than any other year, there will be more busts on top of the draft, becuase of people who opted out and evaluated on Jr. year performance and there is opportunity to get lucky lower in the draft and find some gems, for players who didn't play or opted out that would have broken out in their Sr. year or take the big leap as we see happen often.....

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I was extremely surprised and happy to see how these young offensive linemen played last night. Only 1 sack allowed against on of the better defenses in the league. Pass protection was as good as I've seen since all the starters were playing in week 1 before they started falling in week 1. All these injuries have been a blessing in disguise because now we don't have to target an offensive lineman in the draft. We can pick up some FA's for depth and possibly draft one in the later rounds. La'el will be back. Biadez will be back. Martin will be back. Tyron? Who knows but these youngsters played well last night.

Dak has led this offense to the #1 offense in the entire NFL last year and this year until he went down. The Cowboys as of last night still had the #9 offense in the NFL because of what Dak accomplished in his 5 games. Jarwin will be back and Cee Dee will even be better. Why take a chance on some QB who has all the physical talents like a Ryan Leaf when you don't know what's in his heart? You don't. You use your high draft pick and parlay those into more picks if possible and build your defense. No doubt get rid of Nolan. He's not the answer. He hasn't adjusted to his talent. There are some solid young players to build on going forward. Diggs, LVE, Dlaw and maybe some others. We still need a ton of talent on defense and the only way to do it cheaply is through the draft.

This is why I have hope. We're not too far away despite JJ's incompetence. We're going to be picking high in every round and already have 9 draft picks next year and can end up with even more is Jones plays his cards right. We've done good in the draft recently so there's hope. Pinning all your hopes on wasting a draft pick on a QB in the 1st round is naïve, short sighted and stupid and it's why the Cowboys will not do it.

just to think maybe 3 corners are under contract and I believe only Wilson and Robinson would be the only ones with contract after the year I expect some movements there. Draft picks and some FA. We need those big eating DT’s for our linebackers can be able to get to the ball.

K-DOGG

Reaction score
If the Boys draft anything other than Defense, we will repeat this season next year even with the return of Dak Prescott. Remember, we were 1-3 with Dak. The reason the Giants and Washington have passed by the Cowboys is because of their drafting on the defensive lines and offensive lines. Dallas keeps drafting skill players and LB's who are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. While those teams keep draft big people upfront and they are dominating the Boys on both sides of the ball. Dallas has fallen behind because of a flawed drafting policy. We do not draft big people up front. 300 pounds is not big anymore! 325 to 350+ is big now! This needs to change. A Fletcher Cox, the Alabama Boys in D.C., the big Boys in NY are settling in and are dominating. We need some of that inside on the DL. Just my opinion based on what I am seeing !