WHY we need to see Romo

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Here goes......I truly believe we should start Romo after the bye week. Heres why..........First off, its very hard to win a super bowl to begin with, second, I believe it would be extremely hard to win one with Bledsoe. Just too many limitations. Not saying it cant be done, it can, just saying it would be pretty dayumed tuff to do. As Cowboys fans we expect SUPER BOWL WINS, Anything less is just a failure IMO. Its time to see what we have in Romo. He needs to EITHER validate himself as the longterm starter for the Cowboys, or illiminate himself as the longterm starter through his play ON THE FIELD in games that count. That way if he blows chunks we can draft a QB next year. We cant go on riding the tiger like were doing. Time to schitt or get off the pot!...LOL I mean really, think about it, if we pretty much know its going to take a miricle to win a super bowl with Bledsoe, then WHY NOT start Romo???For one thing I believe his strong points will make up for what he lacks in other areas. In the long run I dont think were going to be any worse off by starting Romo, in fact we will be ahead of the curve because we will AT LEAST know what we have. I believe the transition SHOULD be made during the bye week. Nothing in this world thats good is easy, eventually you have to be willing to jump in head first. Time to JUMP!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only an idiot coach would make a move of desperation this early in the season. BP is not going to bench Bledsoe any time soon

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but going 10-6 and squeeking into the playoffs only to get blown out right away doesnt do a thing for me. I think thats about what you get with Bledsoe. The defenses are just too tuff come playoff time. Listen, 8 times wev'e been there, 5 championships, I dont care if its been awhile, quick exits in the playoffs dont mean shinola to me! Time to see what he is. Tell ya another thing, I'd much rather throw a young QB in now with the team we have around him then if we were weak in other areas, wouldnt you? If the bye week isnt the time, then WHEN IS?

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Only an idiot coach would make a move of desperation this early in the season. BP is not going to bench Bledsoe any time soon
......Its NOT a move of desperation though. NOT at all. Reread my post. Its for the good of the team in the LONG RUN. Bledsoe gets us 10-6 with an early playoff exit, THATS IT. NOT GOOD ENUFF FOR ME.....Shouldnt be good enuff for anyone else either IMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
I dont know about you guys, but going 10-6 and squeeking into the playoffs only to get blon out right away doesnt do a thing for me. I think thats about what you get with Bledsoe. The defenses are just too tuff come playoff time. Listen, 8 times wev'e been there, 5 championships, I dont care if its been awhile, quick exits in the playoffs dont mean shinola to me! Time to see what he is. Tell ya another thing, I'd much rather throw a young QB in now with the team we have around him then if we were weak in other areas, wouldnt you? If the bye week isnt the time, then WHEN IS?

That must be a nice crystal ball you got there to be able to see in to the future. Playing musical QB at this stage is not a good ideal if your going to make a switch then you go into next season and give Romo all 1st unit snaps all pre-season game as the starter that way not only Romo but the team knows full well who the leader on this team is. To have some protection you sign a vet to backup Romo and draft a QB next season which should be done regardless of how Romo or Bledsoe does this season.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
My god, you pple are idiots. The Oline could not protect Bledsoe, who has seen this crap before.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
......Its NOT a move of desperation though. NOT at all. Reread my post. Its for the good of the team in the LONG RUN. Bledsoe gets us 10-6 with an early playoff exit, THATS IT. NOT GOOD ENUFF FOR ME.....Shouldnt be good enuff for anyone else either IMO.

You don't know if Dallas will go 10-6 and exit early out of the playoffs, that is your prediction and your entitled to it but that is all it is. And yes changing QB this early in the season is a move of desperation and would be looked at that way by any rational person. This is not training camp and these type of stunts are not going to help this team win ball games this season.

conner01

Reaction score
let me see if i got this right. after one game we write off this season to see romo, and if he can't take us to the super bowl we draft another rookie qb and start over again and i guess after one season if he does'nt get us to the super bowl we draft another one.yes, thats a very sound plan there.
if trent dilfer can geta team to the super bowl any qb can. it's a team game and a great qb does'nt mean you get to the super bowl,ask dan marino
you have to have a good all around team and a lot of luck to get to the super bowl and win.and any coach who writes off the season after one game shoud be locked in a padded room

DipChit

Reaction score
Well if a person believes there's no chance with Bledsoe then I dont necessarily disagree with the premise.

But then again if thats the case one might just as well made the commitment to start Romo in game 1.

Man thngs were sure alot easier in the "old" days of the NFL where you pretty much knew for a fact it was gonna be 1 of maybe 5 or less particular teams that were going to be there at the end. If you werent one of those 5 or no where near it, it was easier to make decisions that were geared to 2 or 3 years down the road.

Now theres only about 5 teams that *dont* have at least a shot it seems. As evidenced by 8 diff NFC reps in the last 9 years. Lil harder to pull the trigger on things like that when nowadays most teams are in the "1 year plan" instead of the "4 year plan" of old.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
conner01 said:
let me see if i got this right. after one game we write off this season to see romo, and if he can't take us to the super bowl we draft another rookie qb and start over again and i guess after one season if he does'nt get us to the super bowl we draft another one.yes, thats a very sound plan there.
if trent dilfer can geta team to the super bowl any qb can. it's a team game and a great qb does'nt mean you get to the super bowl,ask dan marino
you have to have a good all around team and a lot of luck to get to the super bowl and win.and any coach who writes off the season after one game shoud be locked in a padded room
That is NOTHING like the scenario I layed out...AT ALL! I dont know why it is but it seems like people love to take things out of context and run with it on message boards. Just the way it is. Folks will dissect a post and make it sound FAR more extreme then the post actually was. All im saying is Bledsoe is a proven quantity. With him there is no suprizes, you get what you get. He is a guy that can get a team to the playoffs if everything around him is right, and thats about all you get. His career has proven this to be fact. If this is good enuff for some then so be it, but in my mind its not good enuff for me. e have NO idea what Romo can do for us, NONE, but we do know what Bledsoe can do. WHY not find out. Besides, think about it, if a LATE season switch had to be made would you rather switch to Romo and NOT know what your getting, OR, would you rather see what you have in Romo, if he pans out keep him, but if not Switch to Bledsoe???? I know what I would choose.....

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Here goes......I truly believe we should start Romo after the bye week. Heres why..........First off, its very hard to win a super bowl to begin with, second, I believe it would be extremely hard to win one with Bledsoe. Just too many limitations. Not saying it cant be done, it can, just saying it would be pretty dayumed tuff to do. As Cowboys fans we expect SUPER BOWL WINS, Anything less is just a failure IMO. Its time to see what we have in Romo. He needs to EITHER validate himself as the longterm starter for the Cowboys, or illiminate himself as the longterm starter through his play ON THE FIELD in games that count. That way if he blows chunks we can draft a QB next year. We cant go on riding the tiger like were doing. Time to schitt or get off the pot!...LOL I mean really, think about it, if we pretty much know its going to take a miricle to win a super bowl with Bledsoe, then WHY NOT start Romo???For one thing I believe his strong points will make up for what he lacks in other areas. In the long run I dont think were going to be any worse off by starting Romo, in fact we will be ahead of the curve because we will AT LEAST know what we have. I believe the transition SHOULD be made during the bye week. Nothing in this world thats good is easy, eventually you have to be willing to jump in head first. Time to JUMP!

Who has two thumbs and thinks this is utterly ridiculous and does not contain a shred of good football strategy?

/points thumbs at self

This guy!!!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Yep, Drew Bledsoe will be adding 48 interceptions to go along with Shawn Merriman's 48 sacks this season. :rolleyes:

maxsports

Reaction score
You don't throw Romo in like that. I would love to see what everyone would say when Romo throws interceptions and loses games. We have veteran receivers that Bledsoe has or is working on a connection with. This team is built to win now or start over. Our starting receivers are in their 30's. You don't need to know right now what we have in Romo. That can wait.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
All I know is THIS..........Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Vinny Testeverde, and Clint Stoerner are ALL GONE. Tony Romo remains. NOW WHY do you think that is???Why has he been given TWO contract extentions??? Why have Bill Parcells, Sean Payton, and Ron Wolfe been VERY complimentary of Romo? Are they all bumbling idiots? I dont think so. And if they are,, then were shafted anyway....LOL Sometimes the answers are SOOOOOOOOOOOO obvios people refuse to accept them. So be it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I want to see or "NEED" to see Romo...I have the comfort of knowing I can always watch downloaded video clips of him playing in Pre-season games over the past few years. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
All I know is THIS..........Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Vinny Testeverde, and Clint Stoerner are ALL GONE. Tony Romo remains. NOW WHY do you think that is???Why has he been given TWO contract extentions??? Why have Bill Parcells, Sean Payton, and Ron Wolfe been VERY complimentary of Romo? Are they all bumbling idiots? I dont think so. And if they are,, then were shafted anyway....LOL Sometimes the answers are SOOOOOOOOOOOO obvios people refuse to accept them. So be it.

If Romo was going to be this years starter he would be starting right now. I agree Parcells has been very high on Romo but despite that who is the starting QB that Parcells himself has on the field right now? Bledsoe is the starting QB and will remain so for this season unless he is injured or Parcells feels he no longer can do the job.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
maxsports said:
You don't throw Romo in like that. I would love to see what everyone would say when Romo throws interceptions and loses games. We have veteran receivers that Bledsoe has or is working on a connection with. This team is built to win now or start over. Our starting receivers are in their 30's. You don't need to know right now what we have in Romo. That can wait.
....Because I dont believe we can get to and win a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. His deficiancies are too much to overcome come playoff time with the defenses you see then. I believe Romo's deficiencies can actually be hidden easier than Bledsoes due to his athleticism and the fact we have a pretty darned good team AROUND HIM. Does Romo have a quick dropback? YUP. Does he avoid the sack?YUP, Does he have a quick release? Yup. Can he feel the rush? Yup. Now, can you answer YES to any of those questions when you insert the name Drew Bledsoe???NOPE.

neosapien23

Reaction score
If Bledsoe is actually seriously hurt, then Romo should start until he is healthy. I have seen many bad games from Bledsoe, but last week was his worst. He couldn't even hit wide open recievers. In my opinion something is definitely wrong. If he doesn't get healthy soon, then BP needs to stop being stuborn and put in a healthy QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
....Because I dont believe we can get to and win a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. His deficiancies are too much to overcome come playoff time with the defenses you see then. I believe Romo's deficiencies can actually be hidden easier than Bledsoes due to his athleticism and the fact we have a pretty darned good team AROUND HIM. Does Romo have a quick dropback? YUP. Does he avoid the sack?YUP, Does he have a quiock release? Yup. Now, can you answer YES to any of those questions when you insert the name Drew Bledsoe???NOPE.

Evidently Parcells does not feel the same way or Bledsoe would not be behind center as the starting QB and to use your own words "he is no bumbling idiot"