WHY we need to see Romo

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I know one thing. We WILL be seeing Tony Romo starting this year for us. And ALOT quicker then some think. Bp has played this pretty good. He NEEDS Bledsoe to be around to back up. Nothing more to say about it till it happens. BUT, save this post, im game for it, because the handwriting is already on the wall. lOOK, im really not that way either, all I wanna do is WIN BABY!...Could care less who is QBing us to a superbowl just as long as we get there. If its Bledsoe...GREAT. Nuthin wrong with that. I just dont have faith that HE can.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with AH. Sure, Drew will have a couple 3 TD no or 1 int games this year (most likely AT HOME IN GOOD WEATHER) and will look pretty doing it. We've all seen his inconsistencies and limitations however. What are we giving up exactly? A stronger arm?... A QB who actually steps into sacks? A QB who CANNOT see the entire field and throws rookie interceptions? I feel real good about this Romo kid. You know why? He has the ability to use his feet and make plays. Think about it. T.O. makes a LIVING off broken plays using his athleticism to adjust routes. I like Drew as a leader. He's a good guy. I want to like him even more but he keeps stepping into sacks and throwing picks a rookie shouldn't throw. Drew is a liability. He will have great games still and I will root for whomever is behind center but his pattern is consistent. I think Romo with our weapons could be dangerous. So defenses will throw the kitchen sink at him ? So what... our starter can't handle the pressure either?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
....Because I dont believe we can get to and win a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. His deficiancies are too much to overcome come playoff time with the defenses you see then. I believe Romo's deficiencies can actually be hidden easier than Bledsoes due to his athleticism and the fact we have a pretty darned good team AROUND HIM. Does Romo have a quick dropback? YUP. Does he avoid the sack?YUP, Does he have a quick release? Yup. Now, can you answer YES to any of those questions when you insert the name Drew Bledsoe???NOPE.

I understand your premise and if you believe that his deficiencies cannot be overcome throughout the playoffs and get you to the Super Bowl, it , IMO , would be a wise course of action.

You make a good argument and I was thinking the same thing the other day that I don't believe his deficiencies and our Oline will make it to the SuperBowl. He or the line will not be able to win 3 playoff games against quality opponents if you ask me.

Would Romo be able to do it either, I kind of doubt it, but at least we would know!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
I know one thing. We WILL be seeing Tony Romo starting this year for us. And ALOT quicker then some think. Bp has played this pretty good. He NEEDS Bledsoe to be around to back up. Nothing more to say about it till it happens. BUT, save this post, im game for it, because the handwriting is already on the wall. lOOK, im really not that way either, all I wanna do is WIN BABY!...Could care less who is QBing us to a superbowl just as long as we get there. If its Bledsoe...GREAT. Nuthin wrong with that. I just dont have faith that HE can.

Your projecting your own lack of faith as if Parcells feels the say way and evidently he doesn't BP does not play musical QB that quickly never has in his career as a HC. If Bledsoe shows no improvement then chances are a move would be made but Parcells will give Bledsoe every opportunity he can before any such move would be made.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your projecting your own lack of faith as if Parcells feels the say way and evidently he doesn't BP does not play musical QB that quickly never has in his career as a HC. If Bledsoe shows no improvement then chances are a move would be made but Parcells will give Bledsoe every opportunity he can before any such move would be made.
I believe Parcells DOES feel the same way as I do. I also believe the switch has already been PREDETERMINED. Think about everything that has transpired over the last 3 months. I think BP is doing it in a way as to not totally ruffle Bledsoes feathers so he at least stays on as a backup.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Just for sc....tts and giggles. ..Romo starting this year is just about as absurd as Tony running Quincy, Hutchinson, AND Hensons azzes out of town on a rail! Oh wait....that DID happen!......:lmao:

KingTuna

Reaction score
Are people REALLY still posting these kind of threads???

I can understand it on Monday or maybe even tuesday of this week, but last week's game is over. Bledsoe is our QB and It's time to move on to this week's game.

If the cowboys come out and win Sunday then all will be well again.

Don't worry, if we keep losing and the this season is tanked, I am sure you will finally get your wish to see Romo play in an actual game against true first team defenses who will be sending the dogs to attack.

What I am curious to see is if this happens and Romo starts throwing picks and getting pressured and playing like a "rookie" QB (which he essentialy is) how many posters here will start calling for Bledsoe to be back in as QB or let's see what Baker can do.

Sadly, I suspect the number would be high.

I support and respect people who have conviction and truly believe that Romo should be the QB. If they stand behind him regardless of his play as "their guy" then I repsect that.

However, I suspect there are very few of those posters here. I suspect that if things were to go south with Romo, many of those same posters would go south on him.

I stand behind Drew Bledsoe as our starter. Anyone suggesting he be pulled after ONE game is displaying a severe knee jerk reaction. This team was built to win in 2006 with Bledsoe at QB and the defense being stout.

Let's face it, last week's performance by everyone except T.O. cannot be defended and will get us no where this season if we continue playing that way.

No way with the talent we have can we play that bad every week. I suspect we will boucne back strong and be back on course for a championship run.

:starspin

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
....Because I dont believe we can get to and win a Superbowl with Drew Bledsoe. His deficiancies are too much to overcome come playoff time with the defenses you see then. I believe Romo's deficiencies can actually be hidden easier than Bledsoes due to his athleticism and the fact we have a pretty darned good team AROUND HIM. Does Romo have a quick dropback? YUP. Does he avoid the sack?YUP, Does he have a quick release? Yup. Now, can you answer YES to any of those questions when you insert the name Drew Bledsoe???NOPE.

So Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl, but Drew Bledsoe can't?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
I believe Parcells DOES feel the same way as I do. I also believe the switch has already been PREDETERMINED. Think about everything that has transpired over the last 3 months. I think BP is doing it in a way as to not totally ruffle Bledsoes feathers so he at least stays on as a backup.

I think he is close to being there too. Just from his comments in the PC and the comments from Jerry in preseason that Bledsoe is a very good QB when he delivers the ball on time.

They know his deficiencies and BP, IMO is just waiting for the opportunity to see Romo in live game - reg season action, and if Bledsoe plays better we will see Romo in the first semblance of a blowout or in a couple of weeks if we go 0-2 and Bledsoe plays poorly this week.

But that is just my opinion of what BP is thinking. If he was not giving it a thought, his comments in the PC would have been a lot different.

aikemirv

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
So Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl, but Drew Bledsoe can't?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Great running game, great defense and a much better Oline.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
KingTuna said:

I can understand it on Monday or maybe even tuesday of this week, but last week's game is over. Bledsoe is our QB and It's time to move on to this week's game.

Don't worry, if we keep losing and the this season is tanked, I am sure you will finally get your wish to see Romo play in an actual game against true first team defenses who will be sending the dogs to attack.

What I am curious to see is if this happens and Romo starts throwing picks and getting pressured and playing like a "rookie" QB (which he essentialy is) how many posters here will start calling for Bledsoe to be back in as QB or let's see what Baker can do.

I support and respect people who have conviction and truly believe that Romo should be the QB. If they stand behind him regardless of his play as "their guy" then I repsect that.

However, I suspect there are very few of those posters here. I suspect that if things were to go south with Romo, many of those same posters would go south on him.

I stand behind Drew Bledsoe as our starter. Anyone suggesting he be pulled after ONE game is displaying a severe knee jerk reaction. This team was built to win in 2006 with Bledsoe at QB and the defense being stout.

Let's face it, last week's performance by everyone except T.O. cannot be defended and will get us no where this season if we continue playing that way.

No way with the talent we have can we play that bad every week. I suspect we will boucne back strong and be back on course for a championship run. ............................

..............We can beat the Commanders 50 to nothing and it STILL wont change my opinion. AT ALL. Its NOT that I dont think Bledsoe is a decent QB, I DO. Its just that I DONT BELIEVE HE IS A SUPER BOWL WINNING QB. The objective is always the same, to get to, and WIN a superbowl. Drew has a track record that points to him being highly unlikely of achieving THAT objective. A 14 year track record. THAT is why I am for making the switch...

aikemirv

Reaction score
KingTuna said:

No way with the talent we have can we play that bad every week. I suspect we will boucne back strong and be back on course for a championship run.

This is not just one game, it is a repeated pattern of last year. I was all for Bledsoe starting the year because in preseason he was getting rid of the ball quickly and looking very good. Did not get rid of the ball quickly on Sunday and made a bunch of mistakes.

See that kind of performance once in the playoffs and we are out and that is what AH is saying!

Bite the bullet now, see if Romo can handle it, go after a QB in the draft if he can't.

It really is not that hard to understand.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
This is not just one game, it is a repeated pattern of last year. I was all for Bledsoe starting the year because in preseason he was getting rid of the ball quickly and looking very good. Did not get rid of the ball quickly on Sunday and made a bunch of mistakes.

See that kind of performance once in the playoffs and we are out and that is what AH is saying!

Bite the bullet now, see if Romo can handle it, go after a QB in the draft if he can't.

...............ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!

aikemirv

Reaction score
You know what is funny about this in a way.

Brady was chosen over Bledsoe.

LOSMAN was chosen over Bledsoe.

and people act like some of us are flat out crazy for wanting Romo over Bledsoe, when Romo is much more impressive than Losman!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv said:

Because we are not going to risk throwing the season down the tubes by playing like this is training camp. Only teams that makes these moves are teams that know they are not going to win now. If Romo is to be the starter then this needs to be known by the team and Romo from the get go you don't make knee jerk moves this early in the season just so some fans can find out for themselfs what Romo can do and when you get right down to it that really is what this is about Fans wanting to see for themselfs what Romo would do. I don't see Parcells running this team like that, if Bledsoe continues to stuggle then sure a move could be made but Parcells is not going to do it just so some fans and the media can see for themselfs how Romo would do.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
......Its NOT a move of desperation though. NOT at all. Reread my post. Its for the good of the team in the LONG RUN. Bledsoe gets us 10-6 with an early playoff exit, THATS IT. NOT GOOD ENUFF FOR ME.....Shouldnt be good enuff for anyone else either IMO.

I hear ya and see where you are going... but... Bill is looking at it like...... "the team is filled with broken heroes on a last chance powerdrive"

which means Drew stays longer than we think... its pretty much HIS season.... putting Romo in now or next week or after bye means that you are trying to catch "(Brady-Ben) lightning in a bottle"

I kinda feel the same way about Drew... not sure he can get it done... but I felt that way about Elway and he DID get it done.... may TO is Drew's missing piece... just another Terrell.... LOL

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Other thing I dont get is people saying Romo's lack of experience will get him. BALONEY! Romo has had over three years at Valley ranch now, learning the offense, growing as a QB. And IMO has a pretty danged good team around him TOO. Tell ya what, thats a dayumed sight more than most 1st round hotshots get! Most 1st rounders are thrown into the mix pretty quickly, secondly, there on teams pretty devoid of talent around them or they wouldnt be high 1st round picks. Romo was brought along slowly, GROOMED, he also has a vast array of talent around him. Everything neccisary for success! We will find out VERY QUICKLY if he has what it takes. If he doesnt do it with ALL THESE ADVANTAGES, he never will...

Stautner

Reaction score
aikemirv said:

It is that hard to understand. If it was late in the season and we knew where we stood for the year it would be one thing, but what if Romo can't handle it ...... most of us are't willing to throw in the towel this early.

I'm not at all saying that Romo can't handle it, and I'm not saying that Bledsoe is the best guy, but to act as if it isn't at least a tricky situation is ridiculous. How, when and if we make a change isn't a cut and dried thing.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
I think he is close to being there too. Just from his comments in the PC and the comments from Jerry in preseason that Bledsoe is a very good QB when he delivers the ball on time.

They know his deficiencies and BP, IMO is just waiting for the opportunity to see Romo in live game - reg season action, and if Bledsoe plays better we will see Romo in the first semblance of a blowout or in a couple of weeks if we go 0-2 and Bledsoe plays poorly this week.

But that is just my opinion of what BP is thinking. If he was not giving it a thought, his comments in the PC would have been a lot different.
Sorry Bill's comments didn't give me the impression that Romo will be playing soon. He said he's hopeful that Romo gets some PT this season, but he didn't know when or in what situation. That means he hasn't thought it out or planned for a time for Romo to get in there. IMO Romo will come in when we're on the positive side of a blowout, Bledsoe's injured, or we're out of contention/clinched our playoff seeding.

Something you guys have to remember... Bill is a genius when it comes to the media. Everything he does is for a purpose. He worked for them, so he knows their MO. And for the most part, he's honest with them. If he was planning for Romo to come in soon, I think we would hear it. What I think he's really doing -- by saying he wants Romo to play, but doesn't know when or where -- is needling Bledsoe. He's telling Bledsoe he needs to step it up, and he's not happy with his performance from last week. But he wouldn't want to say Romo will come in if Bledsoe's bad next week, because that would show Drew that he has no confidence in him turning it around.

Everything BP tells the media is calculated and has a purpose. Just my $.02

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
You know what is funny about this in a way.

Brady was chosen over Bledsoe.

LOSMAN was chosen over Bledsoe.

and people act like some of us are flat out crazy for wanting Romo over Bledsoe, when Romo is much more impressive than Losman!!

Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe and Losman took over after Bledsoe was traded so Losman went into training camp getting the needed reps with the 1st unit he play the pre-season as the 1st string QB and there was no doubts in the mind of the other players who the QB was going to be. The Pats and the Bills did not just do it for the heck of it or make the move by the seat of their pants. As for Romo I don't think your crazy for wanting him over Bledsoe but you don't make these type of moves this early in the year. That is a sure signal to your players that you have thrown in the towel for the season and are now going to take a look at another QB.