Why won't anyone talk about Hensen putting us in position to win?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
So far I have seen no media mamber make this point regarding the AZ game. And all we heard from Parcells was "Drew was a little more tentative. But we'll get both of them [Hensen and ARomo] So we'll see what happens there."

"Tentative"? I'm sorry but that's not a fair evaluation of Hensesn. Close to the end of the AZ game it was Hensen who threw a quick strike over the middle to get the kicking team in position to kick the go-ahead and potentially game winning field goal. And Hensen did that just after getting saked -yet again - the play before - and that sack was not his fault; instead it was a blatant OL brakdown -yet again. Hensen, in fact, was more victimized by OL breakdowns than Bledsoe or Romo. So for Parcells to say he was "tentative"..? Please! Thats unfair!

"Tentative"? It's more like Hensen was hardly given a choice but to be cautios with the inexcusable pressure he had to face. And even still, Hensen still got that third-down play off to move the team into FG range and the receiver was covered. It was complete becauwe it was a perfect pass - a great play by the QB. But what ended up foiling the go-ahead kick? You guessed it! It was another OL breakdown, this time Peterman with the false start to move Dallas back 5 yards, out of FG range, only to see a re-kick result in a wide-left miss.

Perhaps Hensen is still a ways away from being a legitiate starter, bu to say he was "tentative" is crock when he moved the team into FG range on 3rd and long with the game on the line late in the 4th quarter. Parcells talks about how he wants to win these preseason games. He even stresses that the most important things for players on the field is to make winning plays with the game on the line. Hensen did that. Parcells should pony-up and admit that Hensen did that, rahter than to wrongly label his play as "tentative".

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He does have a rep for being hard on his QBs. I think he looks at it as constructive critizism and is afraid of feeding him too much cheese.

VirusX

Reaction score
Parcells uses the media to get to his players to motivate them kind of like Agents dealing with the media for their agenda. ...I assume he thinks this is what henson needs and that is why he has taken this approach.

I personally think henson did better then romo or bledsoe and with 3rd string players and a horrid O-Line. But you cant judge his play because it was against 3rd stringers. Henson will most likely get a shot at #2 this preseason and its up to him to prove he is better then romo and maybe even bledsoe. Right now he is in overload with them overhauling his throwing style and trying to absorb the playbook and system like most others at this point he is only one season into prep.

I think he will start to blossom during the season and be ready to take over next year or be ready to step in this year if something happens.

ctalker

Reaction score
That was my thought too when I read Parcells "tentative" statement. Drew never had time to be tentative with the pressure. He should of made that statement about Bledsoe.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
HENSON is getting his shot and IMO more than he really deserves after being away from FB for a couple years.

I'm wondering why so many are pumped for this guy? he hasn't shown anything yet and yet he is being called the next Franchise QB when in fact he can't make it through an entire game as the starter.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ctalker said:
That was my thought too when I read Parcells "tentative" statement. Drew never had time to be tentative with the pressure. He should of made that statement about Bledsoe.

Only play I saw that Parcells may be referring to was on a pass where Henson threw the ball away, however right before Henson threw the ball away you could see the TE breaking over the middle wide open. Right after that they showed Parcells on the sideline talking to Henson and pointing in the area where the TE was on the play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Not quoting Parcells, but he said something about this recently. Something to the effect that when he has QBs competing for a spot he looks for the 3rd guy to come in and lead the team to a win. Mission nearly accomplished if not for flags and a wide left kick.

As he came off the field before the FG attempts Parcells told Henson "good job." I suspect that means he noticed. Far more important than any of us noticing.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
If you mean last Saturday night I'd have to say that it was more due to Tyson Thompson than to Henson.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
If you mean last Saturday night I'd have to say that it was more due to Tyson Thompson than to Henson.

I've heard this a couple of times now. I saw that game. How do you mean, because of Tyson Thompson?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
So far I have seen no media mamber make this point regarding the AZ game. And all we heard from Parcells was "Drew was a little more tentative. But we'll get both of them [Hensen and ARomo] So we'll see what happens there."

"Tentative"? I'm sorry but that's not a fair evaluation of Hensesn. Close to the end of the AZ game it was Hensen who threw a quick strike over the middle to get the kicking team in position to kick the go-ahead and potentially game winning field goal. And Hensen did that just after getting saked -yet again - the play before - and that sack was not his fault; instead it was a blatant OL brakdown -yet again. Hensen, in fact, was more victimized by OL breakdowns than Bledsoe or Romo. So for Parcells to say he was "tentative"..? Please! Thats unfair!

"Tentative"? It's more like Hensen was hardly given a choice but to be cautios with the inexcusable pressure he had to face. And even still, Hensen still got that third-down play off to move the team into FG range and the receiver was covered. It was complete becauwe it was a perfect pass - a great play by the QB. But what ended up foiling the go-ahead kick? You guessed it! It was another OL breakdown, this time Peterman with the false start to move Dallas back 5 yards, out of FG range, only to see a re-kick result in a wide-left miss.

Perhaps Hensen is still a ways away from being a legitiate starter, bu to say he was "tentative" is crock when he moved the team into FG range on 3rd and long with the game on the line late in the 4th quarter. Parcells talks about how he wants to win these preseason games. He even stresses that the most important things for players on the field is to make winning plays with the game on the line. Hensen did that. Parcells should pony-up and admit that Hensen did that, rahter than to wrongly label his play as "tentative".

If Henson became our starter today and QB'd us through 16 games, he would put us in a position to win, imo. We'd have a great draft pick next year in round 1 in which we could either address the QB or WR position.

Just my opinion.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
but the experience he woud gain would make him, Craytron(lol), and the #1 reciever look pretty darn good.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
but the experience he woud gain would make him, Craytron(lol), and the #1 reciever look pretty darn good.
OH I agree 100%, and while I have very little confidence in Romo or Henson ever cutting it in the NFL, Henson should have started 3-4 games down the stretch last year, imo.

If we tank it this year, I feel the same way...but as long as we're in the hunt, I'd keep both of the kids on the bench until BP thinks they give us a better shot of winning. I know we're not going to win much this year...we're still a couple years away, imo, but I still want to make the playoffs, even if it means losing in the first round.