Why would Sean Payton want to come here?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the Jones boys are banking on Payton coming here, but after seeing how the FO just completely dismantled a competitive team for NO reason and essentially turning McCarthy into a lame duck coach, why would Sean Payton want to come here and be part of an FO that has no idea what it is doing? We may even lose out on Dan Quinn who see how McCarthy got done and will decide to coach elsewhere.

The only reason Sean comes to Dallas is for a big fat retirement payout......:omg:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Upgrade to built in AC !!!
Cant have my fellow Cowboy Fan passing out from heat stroke!

Haha, not really possible with the way the suits are, but fans are possible, which is what I'm trying to get installed. It's a bit like wearing an American Football uniform, but it's completely covering me and makes me look like a horse haha. Can't really put an ac unit into a football helmet.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Haha, not really possible with the way the suits are, but fans are possible, which is what I'm trying to get installed. It's a bit like wearing an American Football uniform, but it's completely covering me and makes me look like a horse haha. Can't really put an ac unit into a football helmet.
Ok. Stay safe!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok. Stay safe!

Will do. It's a lot of fun to wear though. I always ensure that I stay hydrated while wearing it for obvious reasons, and there are a few tricks that I do to ensure additional comfort such as take a cool shower before and after suiting to ensure that my body temperature is nice and cool before I suit up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Since the last divisional round playoff win: 7 head coaches, 1 GM, 1 Player Personnel Director.

Dudes still thinking we just need to get the right coach. :muttley:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seriously doubt Sean Payton wants to coach the Dallas Cowboys.

He's wise enough to know that Jerry would be toxic to his success.

Sean and Jerry are friends. We have the inside track. The determining factors will be how much of the personnel decisions would jerry be willing to hand over AND does Payton believe he can win with Dak. By "win", I mean take a team to the super bowl.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sean Payton would never want to come here. Nor would any other quality coach. This franchise is the opposite of everything a promising coach is looking for.

A potentially great coach would want the freedom to build the team he wants.

He would want to hire his own coaching staff and personnel department. He would want to run the draft and select players that were compatible with his specific system.

An innovative young coach would want the authority to make decisions regarding the salary cap and retaining his talent as well as acquiring veteran talent that fits into his system and the cap. He would want to be the decision maker in regards to the information given to the media.

Absolutely none of that would ever be available as Head Coach for the Dallas Cowboys.
Well stated !

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
maybe they are dismantling the team to get it ready for him. I think they want to give him a clean slate to work with. Coaches going to a new team would enjoy having a big cap and be able to build their own team from scratch.
As far as why the Cowboys-he coached here before, knows Jerry, and knows how much more publicity there is here. Same reason Parcells gave.

We've built up a huge cap and arent touching it. Jerry could sign Wagner and still have 20m left over but wont.That just not Jerry. Hes up to something. At least for now Payton is the only thing thats making any sense. Not saying I'm for or against it just saying it makes sense
Good insights..
It would depend on the comp that the Saints would require.
We need our draft picks as that seems to be the only way this team can obtain talent as
they bargain shop in free agency.

fivetwos

Reaction score
LOL it's garbage! Up here in NY/NJ they used to have all of the crap/cheap beer on tap at every bar. Schaefer, Pabst, Rheingold, Schmidt's, Lite beer from Miller, and maybe Ballantine Ale. All garbage! All that stuff tasted awful.

I'm not sure it was around on tap in the 90s. That's when I became old enough to drink, and I don't remember any of them except Lite beer from Miller.
Memory lane there sir lol.

How about the matching neon signs? Great stuff.

Allow me to add Meister Brau and Schlitz.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sean and Jerry are friends. We have the inside track. The determining factors will be how much of the personnel decisions would jerry be willing to hand over AND does Payton believe he can win with Dak. By "win", I mean take a team to the super bowl.

I'm well aware that is the case, although, it doesn't necessarily mean Payton wants to work for him. If Jerry wasn't inclined to allow Parcells to make all the personnel decisions, it's very doubtful it'd be any different with Payton. There's a reason why Payton chose to take his TV gig lately when he had the option of signing on with Jerry. I think he knows Jerry all too well.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I know the Jones boys are banking on Payton coming here, but after seeing how the FO just completely dismantled a competitive team for NO reason and essentially turning McCarthy into a lame duck coach, why would Sean Payton want to come here and be part of an FO that has no idea what it is doing? We may even lose out on Dan Quinn who see how McCarthy got done and will decide to coach elsewhere.

Don't know about all the other Bozos, but as for Payton....i guess i'm in the minority who think Payton has never had any interest coming to Dallas, it is a bargaining chip used in negotiations for a better gig at FOX as color guy. Agent would advise his client to publicly leave his options open. He is burned out at coaching and wants to spend more time with his family. Mrs. Payton has suggested this to him very strongly.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm well aware that is the case, although, it doesn't necessarily mean Payton wants to work for him. If Jerry wasn't inclined to allow Parcells to make all the personnel decisions, it's very doubtful it'd be any different with Payton. There's a reason why Payton chose to take his TV gig lately when he had the option of signing on with Jerry. I think he knows Jerry all too well.

Jerry actually did hand the reigns over to Parcels at first ............ then he couldn't help himself and went out and signed TO who is a very un-parcels like player. But, Jerry could see the team turning around and felt the urge to put some fingerprints on it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Memory lane there sir lol.

How about the matching neon signs? Great stuff.

Allow me to add Meister Brau and Schlitz.

Aah, Meister Brau. I think I still have a memory of that taste!! That one was around in the 90s. I also forgot about Schlitz. That's the one that was on tap. Not the one I wrote that sounds like it.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
tumblr_51be9495b7d2df0478e1a50e0019c80e_cd8caf23_500.jpg

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the only organization where you can get paid and not produce. Perfect as a last big payday before retirement stop.