Why would we want to play a team that's Hot?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Look at it this way. You are asking the question because WE got into the 'tournament" as Bill loved to say so that's a good thing. Secondly if your/our goal is to win the SB you have to beat everyone hot or not. Lastly, a team that's "hot" one week doesn't mean they will stay hot the next week. One week at a time. Just win baby!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When in the playoffs, you'll mostly be playing who played well down the stretch. To be the best, you have to beat the best.
I'm not sure if this team can handle that, especially if we're on the road

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We shouldn't be in the play offs then. The beauty of the road to the championship in the NFL is, that frauds are clearly sorted out in the play offs. And by fraud I don't mean teams which nearly made it into the play offs. But frauds who got their standings by beating up the little guys. Now I'm not saying the Cowboys are a fraud. Those wins against the Eagles and Detroit are legit despite the close score of the latter.

But we have to stop making that "on the road" excuse. Either this team is legit or it ain't. Bring em on I say, time to find out!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this team can handle that, especially if we're on the road
I am guessing you talking about Tampa. Tampa, Rams, Packers and Seattle can all win one playoff game. All of them have talent and Rams/Bucs have won a Superbowl in the last 3 years. Dallas can beat all 4 teams it does not matter. You want them at home.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
I rather have the easiest path in the playoffs. I don't have to beat the best of the best along the way to feel good about Cowboys playoff success, although there will be quite a few who will argue we didn't beat anybody. those people want the cowboys to beat Superbowl type teams for 17 weeks and then do the same in playoffs, else it cheapens it for them.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I rather have the easiest path in the playoffs. I don't have to beat the best of the best along the way to feel good about Cowboys playoff success, although there will be quite a few who will argue we didn't beat anybody. those people want the cowboys to beat Superbowl type teams for 17 weeks and then do the same in playoffs, else it cheapens it for them.
Exaggerting much? The point is, IF a "Superbowl type team" comes along we have to beat them no matter what. No one will complain if there are alot of flies to smash along the way. But either this team's got it or it doesn't. And if so it will beat the occasional obstacle even on the road.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A team wins a couple of games late in the season and sneaks into the playoffs doesn't mean they are hot. Especially if it means they have to play a better, higher seeded team who is playing at home.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exaggerting much? The point is, IF a "Superbowl type team" comes along we have to beat them no matter what. No one will complain if there are alot of flies to smash along the way. But either this team's got it or it doesn't. And if so it will beat the occasional obstacle even on the road.
not exagerating. there were those who complained and made excuses incessantly about the Tampa win last year. cheapening the win.

and if there is a superbowl type team along the way. you have to beat them. playoffs have the best 7 from each conference. and if we happen to win two home games, then we probably end up with SF and have to beat them on the road.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anything is possible. I remember when the Super Bowl defending 11-5 Saints team went up to Seattle and got ran over by a 7-9 Seattle team.

All bets are off in the playoffs. Just go out there and win Dallas. Beat whoever is in front of you. That's all I'm asking.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lets face it. Tampa is the best matchup in the playoffs this year again. Green Bay and the Rams present some problems for us with their run game that we are going to have to just outscore! Seattle may be a bit better matchup for us. I don't think they pull of the same performance as the last game we played them.