Why would we want to play a team that's Hot?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I rather have the easiest path in the playoffs. I don't have to beat the best of the best along the way to feel good about Cowboys playoff success, although there will be quite a few who will argue we didn't beat anybody. those people want the cowboys to beat Superbowl type teams for 17 weeks and then do the same in playoffs, else it cheapens it for them.
I think the easiest path is to play a team you already know about, that would be SF, you beat them that should make everything easier. You beat them, you can beat anyone

JustChip

Reaction score
a team that's "hot" one week doesn't mean they will stay hot the next week.
Absolute truth. Sometimes that’s even one half to another. As Jerry Reed sang, when you’re hot, you’re hot; when you’re not, you’re not.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lets face it. Tampa is the best matchup in the playoffs this year again. Green Bay and the Rams present some problems for us with their run game that we are going to have to just outscore! Seattle may be a bit better matchup for us. I don't think they pull of the same performance as the last game we played them.
I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anything is possible. I remember when the Super Bowl defending 11-5 Saints team went up to Seattle and got ran over by a 7-9 Seattle team.

All bets are off in the playoffs. Just go out there and win Dallas. Beat whoever is in front of you. That's all I'm asking.
truth!!!!!!!!

JustChip

Reaction score
Lets face it. Tampa is the best matchup in the playoffs this year again. Green Bay and the Rams present some problems for us with their run game that we are going to have to just outscore! Seattle may be a bit better matchup for us. I don't think they pull of the same performance as the last game we played them.
Yep. Geno Smith has a career day. Was that an aberration? Or things just clicked because biorhythms, phase of the moon, or whatever?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A team wins a couple of games late in the season and sneaks into the playoffs doesn't mean they are hot. Especially if it means they have to play a better, higher seeded team who is playing at home.
Well they had to do something to get in, you don't just lose to get in, you had to improve in some manner to get in

JustChip

Reaction score
He may just do the same thing and actually win
That certainly is conceivable. I think that game had more to do with Pete knowing how to attack Quinn’s defense, but it put Geno in a position to succeed.

Matchups and familiarity matter greatly. Dallas doesn’t match up well against physical teams, but does against finesse and speed teams.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well they had to do something to get in, you don't just lose to get in, you had to improve in some manner to get in
Which teams are you talking about? GB have won 2 in a row by beating CAR and MIN. That makes them hot? LA has won 3 in a row by beating WASH, NO and NY. That makes them hot? Beating bad teams doesn't mean they have improved.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That certainly is conceivable. I think that game had more to do with Pete knowing how to attack Quinn’s defense, but it put Geno in a position to succeed.

Matchups and familiarity matter greatly. Dallas doesn’t match up well against physical teams, but does against finesse and speed teams.
Very true on that

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who just made into the playoffs?? That means this team has gotten itself some juice, and they're playing at a higher level over the last several weeks to make it into the playoffs. I've seen it on here multiple times of posters saying "I want that team, I want this team!" Do we really want to play a scorching hot team, I don't really know what's the opposite, but these teams just getting in, are hot for a reason. Please give your thoughts.....
There should be a Football for Dummies forum. Or Football 101 for Housewives.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which teams are you talking about? GB have won 2 in a row by beating CAR and MIN. That makes them hot? LA has won 3 in a row by beating WASH, NO and NY. That makes them hot? Beating bad teams doesn't mean they have improved.
and we've surely beat up on some bad teams, or had WINS at home, does that make us good?? (Here it comes, the typical Big Dog, "I don't get what you're saying" when his point is challenged by coog!) :cool: