Wide Receiver depth: Do we have enough?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
otero1 said:
Depth yes, starting two ummm we'll see??:rolleyes: . :eek:

If Patten, Randel El, Thrash, nor Lloyd proves to be a solid #2 it will be a disappointment. Yet, I still realize the potential meltdown that Dallas faces.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Yet, I still realize the potential meltdown that Dallas faces.

Wahh?

crybaby.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe I'm the only one not completely sold on Crayton. He's got potential as shown at the beginning of the last season. But when he came back after his injury, he was a disappointment. And I'd have no problem when Bill and Jerry if they were to draft another WR. We do need to upgrade the depth. We got two studs, and then who?

Crayton, Copper, Crowder, and whoever else on the PS do not exactly inspire confidence if T.O. or Glenn goes down for any length of time.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I would like to see just a mid-round rookie brought in. Someone dependable in the slot with the upside of a midrounder instead of a older vet.

How about Taylor Jacobs or Brad Smith in the 5th?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Compare our depth (after #3) to the depth of the other teams in the NFL. If that's the standard, then YES, we have enough depth.

You're 4th and 5th stringers aren't gonna be as good as the starters. That's the way it is.

It would be the same as complaining about our QB depth, but complaining about the #3, not the #2.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Maybe I'm the only one not completely sold on Crayton. He's got potential as shown at the beginning of the last season. But when he came back after his injury, he was a disappointment. And I'd have no problem when Bill and Jerry if they were to draft another WR. We do need to upgrade the depth. We got two studs, and then who?

Crayton, Copper, Crowder, and whoever else on the PS do not exactly inspire confidence if T.O. or Glenn goes down for any length of time.

It's over between us.

Eskimo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Crayton was coming off a high ankle sprain so it is not surprising his production was poor his first few games back. I thought he showed a bit more towards the end of the season. I would prefer to judge him based on how he was playing at the start of the season when he was healthy.

He should probably be even better next year as he will be healthy and this will only be his 3rd year playing WR. I think he will make a good #3 WR and possibly could develop into a #2 WR before all is said and done.

He does need to learn to protect the ball better.

jem88

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
young guy will be fine as the 4th wr- How many teams have the quality we have 1-3 (none)
Well the Colts for starters. Perhaps the Panthers as well.

jem88

Reaction score
The Rams would be another team with equal to-or-better 1-3 receivers than us.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
I like what we have, but it wouldn't hurt to beef up Bledsoe's arsenal as much as possible, therefore I really think we need to draft a receiver in the 1st or 2nd round next month. :cool:

Eskimo

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
QB depth is far more important.

Word on the street is that BP loves Romo and JJ loves Henson. Thus, there is no room on the roster for another QB.

hendog

Reaction score
I say we draft Travis Wilson from Oklahoma in the 3rd. He reminds me of an Anquan Boldin type with a little more speed.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Just because BP and JJ say it's not important doesn't mean it's not vital. If Bledsoe goes down, the total season is a wash....but I digress, this has been beaten into the ground.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I personally like Deep Threat Todd Watkins in the 3rd.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
no, can never have enough depth at positions that require 2 starters, and Bill always talks about contingency plans, and as of right now, Patrick Crayton and Terrence Copper aren't a very good contingency plan should TO's groin act up and/or Glenn gets nicked up, IMO, we draft a WR on the 2nd day and pick a couple more up as UFAs