Reaction score
Wilie Wood the Hall of Famer DB was a QB
Herb Adderley the Hall of Fame DB a college RB
Mel Renfro the Hall of Fame DB a college RB
Clem Daneils the first Raider to have a 1000 yard season a converted DB
JD Smith the first HBCUer to have a 1000 yards in the NFL a converted DB
Bob Hayes was a RB at Florida A&M, WR in the NFL
Bobby Moore/Ahmad Rashad a RB at Oregon, WR in the NFL
Bobby Mitchell a stud RB with the Browns became a Hall of Fame WR with the Football Team
Charley Taylor a stud RB at ASU, became a Hall of Fame WR with the Football Team
Lance Alworth was a running back, Hall of Fame WR
Paul Warfield a running back, Hall of Fame WR

No reason not to try athletes at other positions,

Ryan Tannehill was a WR.

There is a big difference in changing positions from what you played in college than what you’ve played for 3-5 years as a pro

RaZon

Reaction score
There is a big difference in changing positions from what you played in college than what you’ve played for 3-5 years as a pro

I seriously doubt that,

Bobby Mitchell was a Brown RB for five seasons, he gets traded to Washington, in the Hall of Fame as a WR.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry has a better chance of stepping in at corner.

conner01

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that,

Bobby Mitchell was a Brown RB for five seasons, he gets traded to Washington, in the Hall of Fame as a WR.
That doesn’t mean every player can do it
There is a big difference in the CB position and WR
And he’s mighty slow for a CB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What are the possibilities ,we have so much wide receiver talent , that we Try to convert one to cornerback. Noah brown maybe
it is a totally different position, different play, different skills. if they were in college, maybe you try, but in the NFL. it just doesn't work. there is so much to know for each position starting from foot placement and hips and your tilt....all the way in how you change directions, which foot you pivot off of, etc......

RaZon

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean every player can do it
There is a big difference in the CB position and WR
And he’s mighty slow for a CB

Deion played both, It's not as complex as you are trying to make it.

RaZon

Reaction score
it is a totally different position, different play, different skills. if they were in college, maybe you try, but in the NFL. it just doesn't work. there is so much to know for each position starting from foot placement and hips and your tilt....all the way in how you change directions, which foot you pivot off of, etc......

I played cornerback, not all that at all. The key is speed, if you can run with WR's no problems.

conner01

Reaction score
Sanders was a elite athlete who played CB and return guy
He played receiver afterwards
Do you think Noah brown is an elite athlete?
He’s slower than some of our posters here
CB is a very tough position to play
Sanders platting WR at his athletic level is not close to the same thing
Noah brown could never be a CB

Big_D

Reaction score

Deion was a corner first and got the occasional snap on offense. Rarely used. Corner is the more difficult position and he was great there. On offense he was more of a decoy than anything else. A WR making the move to CB is tougher.

Praxit

Reaction score
What is Too much Time on my hands

Styx $600 please

:laugh:
giphy.gif
..;)..

RaZon

Reaction score
Sanders was a elite athlete who played CB and return guy
He played receiver afterwards
Do you think Noah brown is an elite athlete?
He’s slower than some of our posters here
CB is a very tough position to play
Sanders platting WR at his athletic level is not close to the same thing
Noah brown could never be a CB

Actually Deion caught 36 passes in 1996, long before he retired.

Not really talking about Noah Brown, more about cornerbacks switching to WR's. It can be done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I played cornerback, not all that at all. The key is speed, if you can run with WR's no problems.
not true we have many dbs in the recent past that can run stride for stride with anyone rarely ever has space yet never ever turned around and looked for the ball,..got thrown on rather easily in the nfl

once a DC realizes on film you do this..we have one on our Practice squad dude all preseason covered guys lie glove yet got beat by backshoulder fades and balls over his helmet..33...safetys same thing IDC how well you cover can you find the ball..the average one can not and become a lability..

so no leave Noah where he is KJ and wright will be seeing field time sooner then later..they both have more promise then wr..thread didnt age well..

NO NO NO

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I disagree, may I ask at what level did you play?

and that's only one type of coverage, and even that's complicated, on how you make your reads, react etc. vs. what a WR does, their queues on what a CB is going to do, etc......and then there is cover 1, cover 2, cover 3, responsibilities, not just man to man.......it is very very very difficult to make a CB into a WR or a WR to a CB at NFl level.....its hard enough for a CB to play saftey and that's both in the defensive back field. NFL game is much more complicated.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Actually Deion caught 36 passes in 1996, long before he retired.

Not really talking about Noah Brown, more about cornerbacks switching to WR's. It can be done.
as a gimmick. yes. on a full time basis no....Deion was superior atheletically. he was fast. he was a multi sport athlete...he is the exception and as you said, he only caught 36 passes, mainly played WR because of his speed....and Deion had really good hands.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We drafted 2 Cornerbacks that played Wide Receiver.
in college....they were converted in college and mainly because in high school there are a lot of 2 way players...in college 99.999% stick to one position....

in the NFL I don't recall any Wr changing positions to a CB or a CB changing positions to a WR on a fulltime basis.

RaZon

Reaction score
I disagree, may I ask at what level did you play?

and that's only one type of coverage, and even that's complicated, on how you make your reads, react etc. vs. what a WR does, their queues on what a CB is going to do, etc......and then there is cover 1, cover 2, cover 3, responsibilities, not just man to man.......it is very very very difficult to make a CB into a WR or a WR to a CB at NFl level.....its hard enough for a CB to play saftey and that's both in the defensive back field. NFL game is much more complicated.

Just a high schooler, was a running back, cornerback, kick returner, actually played on every team, gunner on punts.

People try so hard to try and make football out to be some complex deal, when it really isn;t that is why little kids play it.

All that cover 2 and......who can't figure all that out in like 30 minutes? Now being good at chess takes time.

Take a guy who can run a 4,4 and he can play cornerback.