Wide receiver, Turned to cornerback

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, yeah I’m thinking some thoughts should be kept to ones self!
It would be wrong. Innovation takes intelligent reasoning in conversation. Like for instance no one thought they’d be female referees. I think we’ll have a female receiver , kicker one day

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Were you offended by my post? :huh:
No seriously you have a semi-intelligent answer. I mean some of these people can’t even respond without nonsense . Again I’m sick and tired of them all the Prescott derogatory posts. I thought this would change the title. Give us something else to discuss but it didn’t go well. LOL

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be wrong. Innovation takes intelligent reasoning in conversation. Like for instance no one thought they’d be female referees. I think we’ll have a female receiver , kicker one day
F receiver? Now you're just blowing smoke!!!!! Physically, there is no way.

kskboys

Reaction score
No seriously you have a semi-intelligent answer. I mean some of these people can’t even respond without nonsense . Again I’m sick and tired of them all the Prescott derogatory posts. I thought this would change the title. Give us something else to discuss but it didn’t go well. LOL
Haven't you noticed that most of the quality posters avoid any Prescott argument? Start avoiding them, and you'll have a much better time here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No kidding LOL it’s a different position. But a lot of it is the same skill set.Dion Sanders. But he went the opposite way. Why can’t someone do the same thing vice a versa. Never say never
everyone keeps mentioning deion danders. Deion was an exception not the rule. he was a generational athelte the likes of which we haven't seen since. not only he excelled at football he was also a very good baseball player.....Revis came close, but even he wasn't as good and he was only a DB and couldn't play WR....... I never say never. there are always exceptions...but those exceptions come once in a generation as they say....to think we can take anyone from current crop of WR on the cowboys and make them a DB is nothing but NFL Madden Fantasy football

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That he could probably do
I think he’s actually lighter this year
But he is a good blocker and could probably help there if needed
But CB?
Not a chance
I think the only problem with him becoming a lighter TE is his height...he is 6'2"...good height for WR, smallish for TE...I think he lost weight to get a little quicker, but at this stage of his career, that ain't going to make much difference.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
everyone keeps mentioning deion danders. Deion was an exception not the rule. he was a generational athelte the likes of which we haven't seen since. not only he excelled at football he was also a very good baseball player.....Revis came close, but even he wasn't as good and he was only a DB and couldn't play WR....... I never say never. there are always exceptions...but those exceptions come once in a generation as they say....to think we can take anyone from current crop of WR on the cowboys and make them a DB is nothing but NFL Madden Fantasy football
Well can’t they be other Exceptions

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well can’t they be other Exceptions
it can...who is the generational talent? who is best at their position and have the skill and ability to perhaps convert? Brown is neither......he is bottom feeder on WR list, he can't convert to DB, as he will be even worse....

so who is the Deion?

kskboys

Reaction score
There is a monster of a difference between making the move and mirroring the move.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Thanks for the explanation. I just don't think a player at this level can change positions and be excellent at it.
I see that many have cited examples, but those examples are from yesteryear and are examples of spot duty. For example, some receivers may play corner, but it's usually in prevent cases. They aren't really playing a traditional corner position and all that corner entails.

The game, today, is much more sophisticated. Long gone are the days where you could simply use athleticism to beat your opponent. Back in the day, Mel Blount didn't really need much technique. As long as he could put his big body on you and mug you down the field, he didn't have to refine his skills like you do today.

That's why the transition would be so much more difficult. You REALLY need to know how to defend a receiver and keep your hands off him - which is even hard to do when you've been playing the position throughout college and the NFL much more when you're learning the position at the professional level for the first time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What are the possibilities ,we have so much wide receiver talent , that we Try to convert one to cornerback. Noah brown maybe
It rarely happens at the NFL level. And usually because the player failed at his position and tried DB to keep his career going. It doesnt work out. We dont have any realistic candidates on our roster anyways

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
20 have played NFL football.

DB's

Darrell Green
Deion Sanders
Rod Woodson
Jim Johnson
Virgil Livers
James Trapp
Terrence Newman
Lawrence Johnson
Lester Hayes
Michael Haynes
Javelin Guidry
Rod Jones
Russell Carter
Terry McDaneil
Speedy Duncan
Champ Bailey
Latin Berry

All track guys.

Dude, just stop, ok? Nothing hard to figure out on a football field if you are a professional and paying attention, ok? Their job is to know that stuff, ok rookie?
Deion is not an "Olympian"

Are you and @Dak_Attack_09 the same person...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off no Williams never ran times faster than Bob Hayes and why are you telling me HS ball isn't the NFL, isn't that more than obvious?

Bottom line is nothing hard to figure out and if you can't run forget cornerback.

Best times in competition:
Teddy Williams: 9.90
Bob Hayes: 9.91

RaZon

Reaction score
Best times in competition:
Teddy Williams: 9.90
Bob Hayes: 9.91

Both those times were wind aided yep....don't count!

But.....what Bob Hayes ran on dirt tracks over 50 years ago making his times far superior to what 10,00 guys run today.

That 9.91 was in Tokyo at the Olympics and the first sub10.00 in history.

Googled

The Tyler native not only finished his career as the UTSA's lone four-time All-American, but he also helped lead the Roadrunners to six Southland Conference Championships (four indoor/two outdoor) from 2007-10. Williams claimed nine Southland titles (five indoor/four outdoor), was twice named the league's Indoor Athlete of the Year (2009-10) as well as Outdoor Outstanding Track Performer (2008, '10) and established UTSA records in the 55m (6.23a), 60m (Southland-best 6.59), 100m (9.90w), 200m (20.60w) and 400m relay (39.59).

That..w...means windy. Hayes ran a world record 20,5 on a dirt track.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both those times were wind aided yep....don't count!

But.....what Bob Hayes ran on dirt tracks over 50 years ago making his times far superior to what 10,00 guys run today.

That 9.91 was in Tokyo at the Olympics and the first sub10.00 in history.

Googled

The Tyler native not only finished his career as the UTSA's lone four-time All-American, but he also helped lead the Roadrunners to six Southland Conference Championships (four indoor/two outdoor) from 2007-10. Williams claimed nine Southland titles (five indoor/four outdoor), was twice named the league's Indoor Athlete of the Year (2009-10) as well as Outdoor Outstanding Track Performer (2008, '10) and established UTSA records in the 55m (6.23a), 60m (Southland-best 6.59), 100m (9.90w), 200m (20.60w) and 400m relay (39.59).

That..w...means windy. Hayes ran a world record 20,5 on a dirt track.

Non Wind Assisted:
Teddy Williams: 10.01
Bob Hayes: 10.06

Teddy Williams is very fast but never started in 36 career games.