Wide Receivers in the 2023 Draft?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What if they went for Luke Musgrave. In the right offense, a target like that could work for Dak. Not even a WR, per se. But a TE like that, and speedy back could cause problems.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What if they went for Luke Musgrave. In the right offense, a target like that could work for Dak. Not even a WR, per se. But a TE like that, and speedy back could cause problems.
Good option, probably a better prospect than Schultz was but we’ll still desperately need WR help.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I can't see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft when you recently spent one on CeeDee. Instead, I imagine we'll draft one in the middle-ish rounds. And if that's the case, does anyone like Jalen Moreno Cropper? Looks more refined than the Jalen we drafted with last year's 3rd round pick. I could see us giving a guy like Cropper a shot with the team with this year's 3rd.
So if it's a weak crop of WR's and not many (if any) genuine WR1's (certainly not at no.26), what traits would we prefer from a WR that may have holes?
Is Dak comfortable going: long to a speedster, route runner (may mean Dak overcoming this year's struggles between the hashes), or a big bodied baller/target?

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Grant DuBose from Charlotte is a very good WR that is kinda under the radar. Although he’s performing well Senior Bowl

cnuball21

Reaction score
So if it's a weak crop of WR's and not many (if any) genuine WR1's (certainly not at no.26), what traits would we prefer from a WR that may have holes?
Is Dak comfortable going: long to a speedster, route runner (may mean Dak overcoming this year's struggles between the hashes), or a big bodied baller/target?
Someone that can separate and go get the football. Our WRs were one of the worst graded groups in football in separation leading to way too many tight window throws. I don’t care if they’re big, small, fast, quick etc…just someone that can actually separate and consistently catch the football.

Most of the best WR talent in this class that will realistically be available for us is likely more slot players, but that’s fine, you need 3 good starters in todays NFL and we have 1.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't see us drafting a WR in the 1st round of the draft when you recently spent one on CeeDee. Instead, I imagine we'll draft one in the middle-ish rounds. And if that's the case, does anyone like Jalen Moreno Cropper? Looks more refined than the Jalen we drafted with last year's 3rd round pick. I could see us giving a guy like Cropper a shot with the team with this year's 3rd.
Don't rule out drafting a WR in the 1st.

The Cowboys will pay a premium for WRs (high draft pick or trade).

It's the opposite of run stopping DT which they've valued lower than any other position.

Many rumors last year that they tried to trade up in the 1st for a WR.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For reference, the Kiper list:
  • Wide receivers
    • 1. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
    • 2. Quentin Johnston, TCU
    • 3. Jordan Addison, USC
    • 4. Zay Flowers, Boston College
    • 5. Josh Downs, North Carolina
    • 6. Kayshon Boutte, LSU
    • 7. Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
    • 8. Cedric Tillman, Tennessee
    • 9. Rashee Rice, SMU
    • 10. Michael Jefferson, Louisiana-Lafayette

• Just missed:
    • Charlie Jones, Purdue
    • Jason Brownlee, Southern Mississippi
    • Marvin Mims, Jr., Oklahoma
    • Rakim Jarrett, Maryland
    • Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia

DFWJC

Reaction score
Probably Rice from SMU because he is a Texas boy and Jerry loves them
I don't understand why a couple of you keep saying this.
This guy isn't going in the first round unless there's a big reach.
He's maybe the 10th best WR...or thereabouts
I've even seen him in the 3rd in mocks

Hey, I'm saying we wouldn't take him in the right spot, but that spot is not 26.